Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Assuming I have such powers, and that no one has posted this yet... remove the concept of greed.
    Don't think anyone has, but I agree. Money is not the root of all evil, love of it is.

Cleanse the brain of the "greed gene". If I had to pick a quick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirgon
    The Quran (A religious document) rules the lives of millions of people in the Middle East. Entire nation's laws and politics are structured on something written hundreds of years ago. All that crap you hear about women being stoned to death for not walking outside with a male in Saudi Arabia? Thank Religion for that.
    Nah, humans fucked that up, Islam was the most tolerant by far of the religions till modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by dirgon
    The lack of the twin towers in New York? Thank religion.
    Humans interpretation.

The entire list of (American) Republican rhetoric? Thank Christianity.
    Conservative belief dislikes change, regardless of religion. Don't confuse Republican with Conservative, they aren't the same.

The reason George W. Bush, quite possibly the stupidest man to ever hold public office, got elected TWICE before proceeding to destroy the economy, increase the deficit, destroy the budget, and bomb the fuck out of an innocent country? Thank the Christians. Oh, and also, said bombing the fuck out of an innocent country was supposedly God's work, so, sorry Iraq, God made us do it.
    Your bias is so prevalent that this can't be taken seriously.

The biggest reason African Americans took so damn long to to be freed from slavery in the US? Religion.
    Status quo.

The biggest reason the US ranks so poorly in Science and Math? Religion says it's the devil.
    That would actually be Western Culture, not religion to blame.

It is the largest cause of greed, corruption, war, hatred, and human suffering in the history of the world up to and including to the present day.
    Religion is just what they blame it on; greed, corruption, war, and hatred exist perfectly fine on their own. They just get dressed up for the party. It the same way we use terms like "remove with extreme prejudice" for assassinate, someone "passed away" if they die, or politicians accepting "campaign contributions" (bribes). It's to make us sleep better at night.
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2012-02-14 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't want to derail this, but Dirgon, you are wrong. Religion itself isn't to blame for those things, it's the SPECIFIC PRACTITIONERS. It seems to me like your fix would be better phrased as "Permanently separate religion from any kind of politics". Then again, I already have my thoughts on religion, and you already have yours. I am *almost* willing to bet money that nothing either of us say will convince the other of anything :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    You drink my tap water and tell me you don't want to buy bottled water. You'd have to have no taste buds left to not tell the difference.
    use a water filter.
    buy gallons of water (or larger if possible) with those containers that you switch in for new ones, not throw away.

Isolate the middle east completely and without exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go with BURN THE WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    use a water filter.
    buy gallons of water (or larger if possible) with those containers that you switch in for new ones, not throw away.
    I did the math and the water filters, as often as they must be replaced, ends up not being worthwhile.

I do buy gallon jugs, though, not small bottles.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How about pressing QuickSave hotkey? Click. The world is Saved!

Deleted
    Destroy humanity, Save the World!

Transparency in everyday politics and economics will save the world. Too much secrecy behind the backs of the masses.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate View Post
    Isolate the middle east completely and without exception.
    Reduce USA influence. If the USA invested more in green energy instead of warfare for oil (yes, it is a resource war)the world would be a better place.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 01:21 PM ----------

Edit: removed religious content out of respect for the OP.
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2012-02-15 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    wow... so much bashing against Islam here??? it's a religion of peace, educate yourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Get rid of religion.
    This for sure

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    This for sure
    Or make everyone the same religion. Then we have the same effect, plus a book teaching morals. But I take it you wouldn't like this idea.