Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Good gear.....low dps(fire mage)

Morning, dear world of warcraft players!

My guild member suggest ask advice here in mmo champion forum, so iam here ^^
    My main character is mage, fire mage, i hawe not bad gear, even can say good gear, but dps is low...after watching some videos, understand i shud do bit more dps how i do now I use addon CombustionHelper for my rotation, every time try keep up LB and Critical Mass, use all my cooldowns when its possible, use key binds for almost all my skills...but this dont help

So i really need some help, and i will be grateful if some1 spend a bit your time and look my character! Maybe i hawe something wrong with reforging, or i use some wrong rotation.....I take alll suggestions, what help me increas my dps...

Armory : Icediamond - Ravenhold EU
    Logs : guild Flame of Neltharion - Ravenhold EU (sorry cant post a link, but its in worldoflogs.com)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtotarget View Post
    Morning, dear world of warcraft players!

My guild member suggest ask advice here in mmo champion forum, so iam here ^^
    My main character is mage, fire mage, i hawe not bad gear, even can say good gear, but dps is low...after watching some videos, understand i shud do bit more dps how i do now I use addon CombustionHelper for my rotation, every time try keep up LB and Critical Mass, use all my cooldowns when its possible, use key binds for almost all my skills...but this dont help

So i really need some help, and i will be grateful if some1 spend a bit your time and look my character! Maybe i hawe something wrong with reforging, or i use some wrong rotation.....I take alll suggestions, what help me increas my dps...

Armory : Icediamond - Ravenhold EU
    Logs : guild Flame of Neltharion - Ravenhold EU (sorry cant post a link, but its in worldoflogs.com)
    Supply logs, else it's hard to help that much.

Describe your rotation (Prio system, if you please) too, please
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2012-02-16 at 07:12 AM. Reason: ninjaedit

10+ Year Old Account
    Under hitcap I see?
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Providing links

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amond/advanced
    Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/135569/

From the top of my hat: You are not hitcapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get hit cap and ensure you have enough haste. I know some fire mages go 'crit over haste'. Haste gives you more chances for dots to tick to get more Pyroblast procs, etc. I am not sure what the problem is; hopefully someone less inept than I will review your logs and have an answer! lol c:

"We all die, that's just a natural part of life. But if you are living without a purpose, you're already dead." -Kiba, Wolf's Rain

Deleted
    1*About hit cap -16.89% it only 0.1% miss chance...but ok, i fix this...
    2*i hawe 16.11% haste, so how far i read its a "soft" cap...so i shud get more..or ?!?
    3*About rotation - figt i start with Scorch(for Critical mass) ==> LB ==> Flame orb ==> Mirror image ==> Spamm fireball till get Ignite + Hot Streak ==> Pyroblast ==> when i get LB + ignite + Pyroblast use Combustion ==> use Fire blast evenry time when get Impact. When i shud move i use Scorch+Fire blast. Re-use LB and mirror images whan i can. Combustion use only if i get LB + ignite + Pyroblast

And yes, about critical...how much chance i shud hawe with my own buffs ?? I just look and i hawe 27%
    Last edited by mmoc102dbbcf4a; 2012-02-16 at 07:42 AM.

1: Hitcap is very important.
    2. Aim for 1505 haste.
    3. Don't fireblast on every impact .. Only fireblast on impact when you are planning on spreading your dots .. otherwise you will gimp your damage pretty badly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithy View Post
    2. Aim for 1505 haste.
    3. Don't fireblast on every impact .. Only fireblast on impact when you are planning on spreading your dots .. otherwise you will gimp your damage pretty badly.
    I hawe 1630 haste atm...so its fine or..??? thnx for 3* suggestion keep in mind!

Deleted
    If you where spamming fireblast then that is a big part of your problem.

Having 16,89% and not 17% isent that important.(Personaly i think having 17% is overkill)

You have slacker gems if u go 50 int instead of 40 u gain 120 int but loose alot of gold.
    Your reforg could be optimized.
    Neck : hit -> crit
    Shoulders : Mastery -> hit
    Chest: hit -> crit
    Belt : Mastery -> hit
    Ring of the riven : Mastery ->crit
    Ring2 : Haste -> Crit

If you have latency problems download Leatrix Latency Fix.

-Jóla Dunemaul Eu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananainsaneoriginal View Post
    If you where spamming fireblast then that is a big part of your problem.

Having 16,89% and not 17% isent that important.(Personaly i think having 17% is overkill)

You have slacker gems if u go 50 int instead of 40 u gain 120 int but loose alot of gold.
    Your reforg could be optimized.
    Neck : hit -> crit
    Shoulders : Mastery -> hit
    Chest: hit -> crit
    Belt : Mastery -> hit
    Ring of the riven : Mastery ->crit
    Ring2 : Haste -> Crit

If you have latency problems download Leatrix Latency Fix.

-Jóla Dunemaul Eu.
    i just reforge, and this work fine , now i hawe 17% Hit You use some web to optimized or what ?? But now i hawe more less Haste and much more crit...:/
    about gems you are righ, but i dont hawe so much money atm to pay ~4k for 1 gem..:/

P.S. i do few more reforge to get back Haste "soft" cap
    Last edited by mmoc102dbbcf4a; 2012-02-16 at 08:38 AM.

wowreforge.com is a great place to look. just be sure to put in the 1505 haste cap under hit before opitioizing(sp) and your reforging should never be wrong.

also about your rotation if your raid leader does a 5sec countdown i would prepot at 4 and start casting pyro for critmass instead of scorch at 3ish depending how fast your pyro is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtotarget View Post
    i just reforge, and this work fine , now i hawe 17% Hit You use some web to optimized or what ?? But now i hawe more less Haste and much more crit...:/
    about gems you are righ, but i dont hawe so much money atm to pay ~4k for 1 gem..:/
    I dont get all the fuss about haste caps and so on(ye dots will tick faster an so on) but Crit is better than haste for a fire mage but of course there needs to be a balance.

And since u have the insignia + 2xt13 you have enough haste, the rest will come with gear.

I use SimulationCraft , and rawr and personal Theorycrafting.

-Jóla Dunemaul Eu.

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 09:57 AM ----------

If you can get a flame orb off 2-3 sek before the tank pulls it´s nice.

Your tank sould always do a countdown.
    We have a 5 sek countdown and i normally do pot+images(at 3,5sek ish) then orb(at 3sek if ur not in meele range) then fireball(guess u can do pyro aswell)

Aha I think I see your issue. It's not hit rating, it's not reforging, it's not your gems - it's your combustion usage.

Couldn't find a good log so going by the latest Yor'sahj kill - first of all you only used combustion twice. With T13 4set you should be able to fit 4-5 combustions. Especially on Yor, if you can spread combustion with impact on black phase, your DPS will jump up significantly.

Also, your combustion ticks are fairly weak. They should at least be ticking for 10k+. It doesn't look like you're "holding" on casting combustion either, so I'm not sure what to make of that. Use it more often, and aim for big ignite when casting combustion (2 crits in a row, meaning during Hot Streak). Your first Hot Streak came in around the 1min mark, so you should have combusted there and then the CD would have been up way before the 1st combustion you actually casted (after 3 min mark)

Combustion is a major, and the most influential source of dps. You may want to practice using it on a training dummy.

Edit: I suppose the timing is a bit difficult on Yor, since you don't want to waste it on a slime. Still, you need to be using it a lot more.

Get an addon like MyBigIgnite or combustion helper, your combustion damage comes from ignites the most, with pyro/LB only doing a small bit (about 2k)

When i was playing fire on my mage, i aimed to get ignite around 25-35k before i would combust, now that i have legendary i don't settle for anything less then 30k, and if i am lucky i can range from 70k-150k ingites

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Get an addon like MyBigIgnite or combustion helper, your combustion damage comes from ignites the most, with pyro/LB only doing a small bit (about 2k)

When i was playing fire on my mage, i aimed to get ignite around 25-35k before i would combust, now that i have legendary i don't settle for anything less then 30k, and if i am lucky i can range from 70k-150k ingites
    I use Combustion helper...and use my Combustion only when i get LB+Ignite+pyroblast. Iam not sure i understand this "ignite" stuffs...you say "i aimed to get ignite around 25-35k before i would combust"...when i get ignite its 10-15k and after few sec fall down..and dont see how i can get this number bigger or longer...
    Last edited by mmoc102dbbcf4a; 2012-02-16 at 09:47 AM.

You can have a good ignite 20 (ish) k or a bad ignite ..using combust on a bad ignite will suffer your damage pretty bad. But if you get 2 fireball crits which will lead to a hot streak and that pyro crits, then you are pretty safe to use combust as you will most likely have a decent ignite.

Also saying that 17% hit is overkill is a pretty bad statement. It didnt mean that much as arcane, but imagine you loose a tick on a strong combust, miss a pyroblast or a potential fireball crit. Theres a reason that hit is our number 1 priority.

Haste will get us 1 more tick of LB, combust dots etc.. This is good because it saves global cooldowns used which means more time to spam fireballs.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t110326-...onal_DOT_Ticks

Also alot of people seem to forget the basics:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t110326-...ge:_The_Basics

My last advice is to be aggressive, and for the love of god finish the fireball before using hot streak :P (not saying you do it, but i've seen people actually asking about it.)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bigger crits give bigger ignites. If you crit 2 times in a row you also get bigger Ignite because it stacks.

You should at least wait for around 15-17k ignites before using Combustion.
    Basically what you will do in a fight is;
    Never fire blast unless spreading dots or when you are just going to use Heroic Will on ultraxion.
    Always try to use Combustion. Don't use it when you have all dots, if your Ignite only ticks for 4-6k it's not going to be a good Combustion. Wait for around 15-17k Ignite and then use Combustion.
    Use Flame Orb on cooldown, Mirror Images on cooldown.

You used your first combustion after 3minutes it's not a good sign. Always try to get Combustion used as fast as possible with having a good Ignite. Then (try to)use it as soon as it comes up again.

Also this;
    Living Bomb - Uptime - 03:22 (62.3 %) - Thats REALLY low, you should have LvB uptime above 90% if possible. ALWAYS refresh Living bomb before casting a new bolt if it dropped during a cast. Don't stop casting to Living Bomb but don't cast a new spell before refreshing it.

EDIT; since you have that staff, I suggest tracking the proc and if possible getting a combustion out when the staff(+trinket) procs. You get 2more ticks to combustion only from the haste you get from those.
    Last edited by Trixzy; 2012-02-16 at 09:59 AM.

In a lot of these topics I always see two things being told:

1. Don't settle for combustion with a low ignite
    2. You only casted combustion "x" times in that fight

How do you optimize that combination? For instance; in a fight like Ultraxion I'm fishing for a good ignite when Combustion comes off cooldown. Sometimes you have to wait long for the RNG, and in the end it seemed that you could have casted another Combustion if you didn't wait that long. How do people handle this?

Huh.. combustion helper showed 70k-150k ignites? Never seen that happen apart from on Madness :S
    "MMMMMMMButtscratcher!"

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyngwen View Post
    In a lot of these topics I always see two things being told:

1. Don't settle for combustion with a low ignite
    2. You only casted combustion "x" times in that fight

How do you optimize that combination? For instance; in a fight like Ultraxion I'm fishing for a good ignite when Combustion comes off cooldown. Sometimes you have to wait long for the RNG, and in the end it seemed that you could have casted another Combustion if you didn't wait that long. How do people handle this?

Huh.. combustion helper showed 70k-150k ignites? Never seen that happen apart from on Madness :S
    Casting your first combustion in a fight after 3minutes is not fishing for a good ignite, that's just bad play.

Deleted
    So basic good/bad ignite depend from luck...i just try few tests on dummy...and each try i get 1-2 good(red) ignite....most of them was "green"..this mean in boss fight i shud look first few ignites for "red" one, and if dont luck get combustion on "green", to get more how 2 combustions in full fight...

queston about rotation : i shud keep Pyroblas up all the time(w8 moment for better ignite) OR use pyroblas only after Hot streak and use combustion in that phase ??? becous atm i use pyroblas only after hor streak....and rotation is like : keep up LB, when get hot streak use pyroblas and combustion when get ignite...
    Last edited by mmoc102dbbcf4a; 2012-02-16 at 11:26 AM.