Thread: Post Your UI

Oh I just did what Treeston did with the "m", I'll add the link sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Zumo View Post
    Don't see the point in having the time in a UI.
    because its fun to customise it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Either
    A. You don't speak English well and you are trying to say that you don't see the point in spending time making a custom Ui.
    OR
    B. You do speak English and you can't understand why someone would want a clock in their Ui to know what time it is.

If A: Your post is completely pointless.
    If B: Some people like to keep track of time while playing WoW.

Yes the clock/time duh. I just don't see a need for it in a UI. Want to know the time? you have a phone or a watch for that. If you REALLY need a clock it should be hidden and have as a mouse over on a map or some out of combat information frame.

Moving on...........

Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    People that play full screened don't have a clock in the bottom right corner of their screen.

Newest update:

DPS layout

Heal/General layout

Link
    Nice unit frames what addon do you use?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    Oh I just did what Treeston did with the "m", I'll add the link sorry
    You can just put the [url=][/url] tags around the [img][/img] tags to make a clickable image though. The more you know!

*Thumbs up* for Treeston for keeping this Forum nice and clean, and hopefully not so clean that he'll delete my Post which has nothing to do with UI's....wait let me think about a reasonable statement.

Ah skrew it I'll just Post my UI I think I made some adjustments which ready for public.

I'll update it with a raidscreenshot since I got a n1 Weak Aura tracker for Taste for Blood and you get to see my MSBT...but its almost everything on it. I didn't notice that Skada showed me on Nr. 1 but that wasn't on purpose

Comment appreciated
    Do the entire world a favor and upload this. Thank you very much.

Deleted
    Think im sticking to this, since totemtimer scale is crap i tried out some new idea with totems, what do u think.

Gonna test it out otherwise im just going back to tt.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-02-17 at 06:58 AM.

Deleted

Yes the clock/time duh. I just don't see a need for it in a UI. Want to know the time? you have a phone or a watch for that. If you REALLY need a clock it should be hidden and have as a mouse over on a map or some out of combat information frame.

Moving on...........

Nice unit frames what addon do you use?
    Believe it or not, but some people don't wear a watch and don't have their celly on them 24 hours a day. That and the clock takes up oh so much space which would otherwise be used for something super important right?

Deleted
    Made my own for my resto druid, tuchymcfeels guide (search on the tubes) as a base then the rest I did to suit myself!:
    In raid:
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-02-17 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    Well I like a UI with only the things I need to see that's all To me I don't need to see things like the current time/fps/gold, all my binded spells, my own name on the player frames, other players buffs/debuffs, scroll text, tooltip (yup..) etc. Things like that I don't show in my UI. I don't have map or buffs (which did take me getting used to). What I see is chat, player/target/raid frames (also works as party frames), few buttons, boss mods and power auras which is awesome btw.

But yes.. keep on posting those UIs! Really like what Quse has done with his or her frames, WTB reply back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post
    Think im sticking to this, since totemtimer scale is crap i tried out some new idea with totems, what do u think.

Gonna test it out otherwise im just going back to tt.
    Is the water shield icon or the raid/party frames aligned in the middle? Wouldn't be good to have both aligned assuming you don't track anything else horizontal to the water shield icon.
    The totems looks good, except it might be hard to identify what totem it is. Apart from that you should know what button you press

oUF_Nin and Grid2

Deleted
    tyvm ^^ Time to open up Notepad++...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Is the water shield icon or the raid/party frames aligned in the middle? Wouldn't be good to have both aligned assuming you don't track anything else horizontal to the water shield icon.
    The totems looks good, except it might be hard to identify what totem it is. Apart from that you should know what button you press
    Yeah about the water shield i havent looked into it as much yet , got 4 icons there and they tend to switch position depending on what proccs or is missing , but will figure it out with some meaisurements, and vuhdo theres really no position thing u gotta do it by hand, so can probably use kgpanels and make a line to make it right.

Totems, yeah its abit tricky to see what they are, at first i had the grey panel behind showing over the totem, and that way i could have a text saying what totem it was, but i couldnt have the timer there, so it had to be under which didnt look good, and now its the opposite cant have the totem name but timers due to alpha,

Think its probably best to use totemtimers, they work very vell, except the scaling, but changing the color in masque ingame removes the border so its cool!

Much to write haha soz

Quote Originally Posted by tenub View Post
    Important information displayed by any user interface needs to be able to be gleaned from a quick glance.
    *fix't* & True
    Any pixel fonts other than Semplice and two or three others unfortunately do not have this characteristic.
    False
    Vital information should never be displayed at anything even close to 8pt.
    Hmm, it seems I can read vital information just fine at 8pt sizing when its being displayed by a pixel font.
    It also seems that the other tens of thousands of people who use 8pt pixel fonts in their WoW interface can read it just fine as well.
    Just look at any commercial or professional interface ever designed from a cellphone interface to any other popular game interface to a web interface, they almost all use a crisp, clean sans serif for this very reason.
    This is due to the target audience of the companies. San serif fonts are what the general public is use to seeing. A smart company will cater to the widest audience. That doesn't mean, however, that a lot of pixel fonts aren't just as effective to those that are able to read them and do it quickly.
    Attempting to argue that the majority of pixel fonts, or any pixel fonts (other than the few exceptions) for this matter, are perfectly fine in this regard and are well suited for use in an interface design is futile and only strengthens the idea that one has no idea what he or she is talking about and consequently all ideas and arguments made by this person should be disregarded off the bat.
    On the contrary, this is simply your opinion and nothing more. Pixel fonts are everywhere in web design, flash design, console games, etc.
    And the nasty bit there at the end isn't really necessary.

I think we may just need to agree to disagree on the matter

And here's something I've been working on - sort of a minimalist concept showing lb/pb/ignite dots and an edited myBigIgnite frame in the center of the player frame with the power bar overlaying the border of each frame:

I really like this idea, although i don't think the gradient is needed on the bordering.
    It introduces a conflicting light source. Your border is using one type of light source and your bar texture is using another.
    Excited to see more updates.

<3
    Ish

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 02:42 AM ----------

*Thumbs up* for Treeston for keeping this Forum nice and clean, and hopefully not so clean that he'll delete my Post which has nothing to do with UI's....wait let me think about a reasonable statement.

Ah skrew it I'll just Post my UI I think I made some adjustments which ready for public.

I'll update it with a raidscreenshot since I got a n1 Weak Aura tracker for Taste for Blood and you get to see my MSBT...but its almost everything on it. I didn't notice that Skada showed me on Nr. 1 but that wasn't on purpose

Comment appreciated
    Other than the name and numerical text on your damage meters, every other pixel font is an incorrect point size.

Yes, like the topics says. Post your UI. I have seen it on many pages know and I would like to see yours now. If you like you can aslo post wich AddOns you used because if you post a really good one you will get PM'd like hell. I would like to post mine too - but my pc is just back to a service station because there was the wrong motherboard on it.

Deleted
    Well I like a UI with only the things I need to see that's all To me I don't need to see things like the current time/fps/gold, all my binded spells, my own name on the player frames, other players buffs/debuffs, scroll text, tooltip (yup..) etc. Things like that I don't show in my UI. I don't have map or buffs (which did take me getting used to). What I see is chat, player/target/raid frames (also works as party frames), few buttons, boss mods and power auras which is awesome btw.

But yes.. keep on posting those UIs! Really like what Quse has done with his or her frames, WTB reply back
    Well if you know me, you'd know I'm all for minimalism and have been making minimalism UI's long before it was a hype. I agree with everything you say, I hid my minimap, and buffs too, didn't have visible actionbars (apart from my mount + pot + pets bar in the corner ) etc.

But in all seriousness, Ish's clock is in a place where it doesn't bother the UI at all. If he didn't have it, his minimap would just be a few pixels higher. It doesn't consume any valuable gamefield vision and it's just a little thing that a lot of people like having.

Thanks for the feedback on my UI,

@Treeston: Thanks for the Info

@alextg94: I won't upload it, mainly because I don't know how to do this and because of some miner errors which just do not want to go, but if you want to I'll PM the Addons which I used, it's not that hard to rebuild if you take the time.

@Ishtara: Thanks for the Tip I didn't even notice that...well I did notice that I cant' use them in every size but in my UI I thought I got them at least a bit right
    I'll tweak this, but I thought about using a different font anyways. Any ideas for good pxl fonts?
    Last edited by Brother; 2012-02-17 at 02:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1JGLIE7I24&hd=1&t=2m

Still needs a bit of work almost everywhere, but some nice improvements over the previous version. I need to do something about the buffs, damage meter, tooltip, map widgets, boss frame and remember to turn of the dbm frame in the top. I might tweak the dot timer background too. The biggest aspect to change is the action bar at the bottom, I'd like to shrink it and move it up near the aura's and timers, but I'm not sure how I want to do that yet.

(Ignore the sloppy play please.)
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1JGLIE7I24&hd=1&t=2m

Still needs a bit of work almost everywhere, but some nice improvements over the previous version. I need to do something about the buffs, damage meter, tooltip, map widgets, boss frame and remember to turn of the dbm frame in the top. I might tweak the dot timer background too. The biggest aspect to change is the action bar at the bottom, I'd like to shrink it and move it up near the aura's and timers, but I'm not sure how I want to do that yet.

(Ignore the sloppy play please.)
    Nice work, everything goes together pretty nice.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is my current UI, it has been tweaked around for the past while:

The above picture doesn't really show my focus frame, it's above the main bar frame as seen below:

I use this UI on a variety of toons, with a variety of roles (OK, really just 2 toons spanning all 3 roles) and for PvP and PvE. Pets/vehicles (if applicable) show up in the blank space below the user frame, and the panel below grid will move down depending on how large the grid frame is (so it is always still below it).

And although I'm generally happy with it, I notice the people who frequent these forums have a good eye for detail, so if you see any things that could be touched up, feel free to let me know.