Page 10 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What's the verdict on H Lightning Rod vs. H Vagaries + H Ledger?

Quote Originally Posted by Cellion View Post
    What's the verdict on H Lightning Rod vs. H Vagaries + H Ledger?
    H vagaries + H ledger are showing up as a minor (we're talking a whopping 9 dps here) increase if you're reforging vagaries from crit-> mastery, and a wee bit less if you're going spirit -> mastery on the offhand (assuming the you're able to reforge spirit->haste elsewhere if you don't reforge the offhand). Unless someone has different sims than I, I think for all intents and purposes you can consider them just about equal.
    Last edited by columbusjones; 2012-02-09 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    Is there any new "tweak" with the rotation with T13? as IS increases the damage done by your main spells and losing the 4P T12 my dots are always falling off before reaching the next eclipse (Atleast always from Solar -> Lunar, the otherway around I can get away with it sometimes if Euphoria is on my side). Since I love playing my moonkin alt I'd like to know if theres anything new I should know off to maximize damage and dot uptimes with T13.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by columbusjones View Post
    H vagaries + H ledger are showing up as a minor (we're talking a whopping 9 dps here) increase if you're reforging vagaries from crit-> mastery, and a wee bit less if you're going spirit -> mastery on the offhand (assuming the you're able to reforge spirit->haste elsewhere if you don't reforge the offhand). Unless someone has different sims than I, I think for all intents and purposes you can consider them just about equal.
    It's closer to 300 in BiS gear, but that's close enough that you should probably just take whatever's available first. They're both good options.

Deleted
    I have Rathak (403) and Demonic Skull (378), the other option is Visage of the Destroyer (397).

Which of the 2 sets should I take? Is the Rathak proc any good?

Rathrak is fine, but you could do with a better offhand. With your current offhand, Visage should be slightly better, but with any of the other options from 4.3(including the one of Pero'tharn), Rathrak should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    Is there any new "tweak" with the rotation with T13? as IS increases the damage done by your main spells and losing the 4P T12 my dots are always falling off before reaching the next eclipse (Atleast always from Solar -> Lunar, the otherway around I can get away with it sometimes if Euphoria is on my side). Since I love playing my moonkin alt I'd like to know if theres anything new I should know off to maximize damage and dot uptimes with T13.
    Lots of haste.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

at my current haste without di my IS falls 2 wraths away from hitting lunar. So batix is right, haste in the only non rng element that will get u there.
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

Hey guys, quick question:

Do you have any reliable infos about trinkets?
    The link in the OP is heavily outdated (and confusing), and I'm looking for a good simulator (or list) for my friend to find out which trinkets are best.
    He keeps insisting that VPLC (normal) is better then CotC, and I doubt it. Unfortunately, he's the moonkin, and I'm just a smartass.

So, how can we sim this? With simulationcraft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

VLPC normal should be better than CotC normal on single target fights, and only there. Add an add for even only part of the fight, and CotC should be better. Yor'sahj, Blackhorn, Madness, CotC is a clear winner, Spine it's debatable... CotC is more consistent, but runs the risk of hitting something you shouldn't, VLPC has a stronger random factor which can work both to it's advantage or detriment(eat 6-stack, tendon vs. no proc at all during burn, CotC will most likely yield 2 procs).

Heroic CotC is just plain stronger, although not by much.

The problem here is that most Sims assume single target situations. You could use SimC for both trinkets and then do the multi-target calcs by hand, though. Just multiply the CotC proc dps by the average number of targets beyond the first(as that is already included) in range and add that to the total.

Ok thanks.

Am I right that CotC scales with int, and VPLC scales with mastery?
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Yes. VLPC obviously is also affected by crit, but not enough to make crit worth gearing for.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 11:13 PM ----------

Well, looks like we got some... interesting Talent changes today.
    Eclipse now also causes the respective nuke to refresh Sunfire or Moonfire respectively(i.e. Wrath will prolong Sunfire during solar and vice versa), Celestial Alignment causes us to apply both Moon- and Sunfire with a single cast and Insect Swarm now affects all spelldamage dealt by the caster.

There's also some number changes, but those are likely to still to volatile to be worth noting. Well, except maybe Shooting Stars being increased to 20% ovO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes. VLPC obviously is also affected by crit, but not enough to make crit worth gearing for.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 11:13 PM ----------

Well, looks like we got some... interesting Talent changes today.
    Eclipse now also causes the respective nuke to refresh Sunfire or Moonfire respectively(i.e. Wrath will prolong Sunfire during solar and vice versa), Celestial Alignment causes us to apply both Moon- and Sunfire with a single cast and Insect Swarm now affects all spelldamage dealt by the caster.

There's also some number changes, but those are likely to still to volatile to be worth noting. Well, except maybe Shooting Stars being increased to 20% ovO
    Shooting Stars now has a 20% chance to trigger (up from 4%) but can only trigger from a periodic critical strike from your Moonfire or Sunfire.

It's a nerf

Edit: right now we got 4% chance, but on every tick, and with 2 dots. In mop it's 20%, but only on ticks crits, and with only 1 dot (outside of celestial alignment).
    But yeah, it will obviously up the value of crit, especially since starsurge seems to give 20 energy, up from 15, and is going to be affected by euphoria.
    Last edited by mmoc4f7a735ed2; 2012-02-16 at 03:29 PM.

Actually, that's only a nerf if you have low crit. At current raidbuffed critrates in DS, it's more likely to be a buff.

It's definitely going to affect the relative value of crit, though.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, that's only a nerf if you have low crit. At current raidbuffed critrates in DS, it's more likely to be a buff.

It's definitely going to affect the relative value of crit, though.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it proc from Insect Swarm and Moonfire? So having it proc from only crits of Moonfire definitely sounds like a nerf.

That isn't new, however. Insect Swarm wasn't a DoT in any of the MoP calcs so far. Also note that it's now possible to have Moonfire and Sunfire on a target simultaneously, and Celestial Alignment even causes Moonfire to apply both DoTs at once.

Best in Slot list

Is there a BiS list anywhere for heroics and non heroics. I cant find a consistent reliable list anywhere.

Are you looking for a raid- or 5-man-list?

For heroic Raids, there's this thread, for 5man i don't know of anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Lots of haste.
    I have the same problem with my alt, when i'm at about 50 away from the next eclipse my dots run out, should i just cast the 3 starfire/4wraths to get into the next eclipse or waste 2 GCD's for dots which will only run for about 5 seconds (since afaik you should always renew your dots when getting into an eclipse).
    On a side note, i have will of unbinding 384 and the trinket from well of eternity, how good is the valor point trinket in comparison?

P.S.: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...9Bnda/advanced here my armory
    Last edited by mmoc09485a01fe; 2012-02-16 at 07:42 PM.

Originally Posted by Kaivax (Blue Tracker)
    Our baseline assertion is that all spells and abilities will crit for double damage. There are a few exceptions to this, such as Elemental shaman getting a 2.5x crit multiplier, but the default is 2x for everyone now.

Yes, this means that Enhancement shaman spells and rogue Poisons will crit for double damage.
    Guess we finally get 200% on Hurricane and Shrooms.