Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    @Verrda Your link directed me to a guardian build

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I'm sorry but the engineer can't have two weapon sets. Just like Elementalist we can only have one weapon set equipped. We have kits and toolbelt mechanic (every utility skill has additional, alternative skill) to make it up for it.

Please refer to: http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...-by-jon-peters for additional explanation.
    Oh, they can't? Well I feel completely silly then.

One second, I'll edit the build then.

I don't know too much about the Warrior but I'll try my best to concoct a build and explain it

What made me choose the Warrior

After watching many videos of the Guardian I thought that it was my class for sure. The Guardian can do pretty much everything and dominates when it comes to versatility. After a while I then started to notice some Thief gameplay posted around and eventually looked into it a bit more. I then decided, "Nope, the Thief is EXACTLY the type of profession I'm looking for". Then until recently I saw a few PvE montage clips of the warrior and NOTHING so far has made me want to play a profession that bad. The Warrior definitely seems like a class where it can absolutely POUND enemies to the ground, but can back off and buff allies and negate damage. So now I have finally made my final choice of selecting the Warrior.

My 'burst' build

Hammer Build

I chose the Hammer over the 2h Sword because the Sword tends to have more AoE and more Cone attacks. The Hammer exceeds in stuns and a little more CC (mainly knockdowns).

Obviously everything is situational but my typical 'rotation' or sequence would be;

Bull's Charge --> For Great Justice --> Fierce Blow --> Backbreaker --> Staggering Blow --> Hammer Swing --> Hammer Shock

-----------------------------------

Breakdown

Now the obvious initiation would be a charge, hence Bull's Charge. Followed by For Great Justice which applies fury and might, not just to myself, but to allies too (yay teamwork). My first attack would be Fierce Blow because it weakens the enemy (perhaps similar to Sunder Armour in WoW). My Backbreaker skill knocks down the enemy which allows me for a Staggering Blow which further knocks the enemy backwards, which I would imagine dazzle them a tad. My Hammer Swing is my 'bread and butter' ability so it's used between each ability and assume should always be on CD. My final CD to blow would be Hammer Shock which sends out a "crippling wave", doesn't say it immobilizes my foe but seems like a powerful blast.

Elite skill: The promising choice will be the 2 fiery hounds for the extra length in burst / DPS.

My 'defensive' / Survival build

Sword and Shield build

For this build I chose the sword over the axe mainly because the sword has some CC's compared to the axe and thus can allow for some get-away's to re-heal or whatever.

Similar to 'burst' build I'll explain some scenarios in which the sword and shield would come in handy. Keep in mind this build is heavily on survival and self defensive

I actually chose a few condition remove abilities such as Mending and Shake it Off. Now, I can see these coming in VERY useful when trying to escape and re-heal - mainly stalling the enemy. They don't seen to share the same cooldown so these both can be extremely OP in terms of survival. (Shake It Off actually can also break stuns AND removes the conditions for nearby allies, again, teamwork FTW)

the sword allows for some CC and mobility, Hamstring is a great move because it encourages the enemy to blow a CD to remove that CC and you can counter that with a Shield Bash which stuns the enemy.

Elite skill: I again chose the 2 dogs as it may distract the enemy from directly tunnelling me

I could make more but I think this is fine for now, hehe.

Oh yeah, bump for more interesting ideas!

Hope you enjoyed.

Deleted
    @Neglesh

Racial skills don't work in PvP...
    Otherwise it sounds pretty promising

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    @neglesh

racial skills don't work in pvp...
    otherwise it sounds pretty promising
    .............ffffffuuuuuuuu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    .............ffffffuuuuuuuu
    They've also been confirmed to be fairly weak, so you might want to avoid them in PvE too..

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    They've also been confirmed to be fairly weak, so you might want to avoid them in PvE too..
    ............fffffffffffffuuuuuuuu x2

Nah but on a serious note. That really sucks :/ Guess we'll see what happens when the NDA is lifted or Open Beta / Demo release finally release' :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    ............fffffffffffffuuuuuuuu x2

Nah but on a serious note. That really sucks :/ Guess we'll see what happens when the NDA is lifted or Open Beta / Demo release finally release' :P
    Arenanet doesn't want players to choose a race which they don't like, just because that race has the strongest racial. Racials in, for example, WoW were a real dealbreaker sometimes. I can imagine us using the racials while leveling up though in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Arenanet doesn't want players to choose a race which they don't like, just because that race has the strongest racial. Racials in, for example, WoW were a real dealbreaker sometimes. I can imagine us using the racials while leveling up though in GW2.
    Fair enough to be honest.

Human's trinket racial in WoW -.-

Elementalist

Scepter and focus

Decent offence and a better range than the dagger made me choose for the scepter as mainhand weapon. The focus seems to be more defensive than the dagger and has some nice anti-range tools.

"Always on"-tool: Rock barrier for improved armor. I'm unaware how good or bad the on-use effect of hurl rock is, but if it's not good, there's no reason to not have at least 1 rock floating around you.

Combo's:

Ice shards > Freezing gust > Comet > Switch to Fire attunement > Dragon's Tooth

Ice shards to increase the damage of the combo. Gust to slow the target down to ensure Comet and Dragon's Tooth hit. The daze of Comet is an extra safety measure when the opponent is in your face faster than intended.

Dot'em up:

Flamestrike spam => firewall/burning shield when the target is close => Earth attunement => Sandstorm => Stone shards x => Lightning flash/Obsidian armor/Mist form.

The goal is to stack 2 conditions (burning and bleeding) on your target, use Sandstorm to buy some time and then get out or become invulnerable while the damage is ticking.

Reason for utility/elite/healing skills

Ether Renewal is channeled and thus not reliable in PvP and I have 2 other ways to cleanse conditions so it becomes a choice between Glyph of Elemental Harmony and Signet of Restoration. And while the Signet offers a steady health increase in combat it has double the cooldown when compared to the glyph when facing burst damage and the glyph has some other nice side effects depending on what attunement you're in.

Lightning flash: Being able to get away from someone is always great when playing a mainly ranged character.

Mist form: If you need some extra time to wait for reinforcements or your heal CD, mist form can buy you that time. And because 1 invulnerability spell is better than 2.

Signet of Water: My only other option of removing conditions is on a 25 second CD and locked in the Earth attunement. This gives me some extra breathing room when facing opponents who stack conditions in order to be effective. And if I run out of defensive options, there's always a back-up freeze that I can use.

Fiery Greatsword because I have a feeling that Tornado will be way too easy to avoid and counter.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soon we will have more information about skills and traits (hopefully) from the press event with filming rights. I don't know if the skill program will be updated, but the information should be well documented somewhere when that info becomes available and I will link to it in the opening post when it does.

In the mean time, having fun with what we know still isn't all that bad an idea.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Soon we will have more information about skills and traits (hopefully) from the press event with filming rights. I don't know if the skill program will be updated, but the information should be well documented somewhere when that info becomes available and I will link to it in the opening post when it does.

In the mean time, having fun with what we know still isn't all that bad an idea.
    The tension! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The skill tool has been updated and you can now theory craft builds with a bit more detail with traits and ect. I'll be back with a build after a bit.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-02-29 at 10:15 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to participate, but being that so many Thief and Elementalist traits seem to be missing, the two classes I most want to try, I think I will wait patiently, like a tiger stalking it's prey.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.