LastLast

Smile

Cake! For meeeeeee!

10+ Year Old Account
    A few more:

Deleted
    Really nice screenshots in this thread.

Azuri, damn those look great!

Azuri, those weapons in the Murdantix shot aren't currently live.

Infernal Dawn perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Azuri, those weapons in the Murdantix shot aren't currently live.

Infernal Dawn perhaps?
    OMFG! Well spotted Also, gief.

EDIT: Azuri, what settings do you use to get your edges so smooth? I have tried with Edge Smoothing and Super Sampling, and I can always still see the 'jaggies'. I've tried overriding the settings in the nVidia control panel too, but no joy there. Unless I am overriding the wrong application...

EDIT2: Hmm, second thoughts Edge Smoothing bizarrely has the most impact and looks best. Also perhaps the fact that your SS's are compressed down to a much lower resolution helps. Hmmm...
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-02-19 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hogger goes on tour

Tempted to upload some screenshots of how god-damn nasty the game looks with the low-graphics render thing turned on for luls Even the water looks like a sheet of plastic - it's worse than WoW xD

My PC can run rift fine at better graphic settings, but I have to have the awful low-setting that makes minecraft look pretty to be able to handle any kind of event - basically other people ruin it for me :P

Beautiful screenshots though, makes me want a new PC now

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Tempted to upload some screenshots of how god-damn nasty the game looks with the low-graphics render thing turned on for luls Even the water looks like a sheet of plastic - it's worse than WoW xD

My PC can run rift fine at better graphic settings, but I have to have the awful low-setting that makes minecraft look pretty to be able to handle any kind of event - basically other people ruin it for me :P

I uploaded a few of the god-awful low-quality render graphics. My computer doesn't explode with the option turned off, but it does at 6 or 7 fps in open world. I can kinda stand it, but I would rather play at 14 fps with low-quality on, so I can go into Sanctum and do invasions (which on low-quality, drops down to 2-6 fps, so I would hate to see on normal quality). I just wish that I could see the water elementals as how they are supposed to look, not like white blobs of taffy.

I might write a guide on optimising your PC and RIFT settings for RIFT, kind of like a tweak guide level of depth. We'll see. Sometimes the answer really is just to upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I just wish that I could see the water elementals as how they are supposed to look, not like white blobs of taffy.
    Went for a quick look through my screenies and funnily enough, i can't seem to find any of some water invasion elementals
    Here's a new fire mob though from the new zone events coming in the Carnival of the Ascended..

These Molten Horrors tend to die in a gruesome manner, see the 'golden' sac hanging from their stomachs? they explode!

Seeing as Hogger went on tour, i thought it would be nice to show Deathwing some of Telara..

Here's good 'ol DW in his native setting

Deathwing thinking of hiring Harbinger for all his forthcoming events....

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I might write a guide on optimising your PC and RIFT settings for RIFT, kind of like a tweak guide level of depth. We'll see. Sometimes the answer really is just to upgrade.
    The only optimisation my PC needs is to throw it off the balcony and buy a new one xD I lay no blame at the doors of the game, it's really only down to my old and extremely outdated PC (that wasn't built for gaming when it was new). Sadly I have other prioritys to sort out before I can afford to throw money at a new PC :<

I would be kind of interested to see what settings gave you the most "bang for your buck" visuals wise though, incase I would turn a few of them sliders back up!

The only optimisation my PC needs is to throw it off the balcony and buy a new one xD I lay no blame at the doors of the game, it's really only down to my old and extremely outdated PC (that wasn't built for gaming when it was new). Sadly I have other prioritys to sort out before I can afford to throw money at a new PC :<

I would be kind of interested to see what settings gave you the most "bang for your buck" visuals wise though, incase I would turn a few of them sliders back up!
    Try to get your hands on an old GTX 260, preferably a 216 core like this one. They'll not max it out, but at least you won't have to tick that god awful low renderer ever again, and they aren't too expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever have one of those bad hair days?

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Went for a quick look through my screenies and funnily enough, i can't seem to find any of some water invasion elementals
    Here's a new fire mob though from the new zone events coming in the Carnival of the Ascended..
    Well, easiest place to find water elementals is in IPP. There's a spot around the Chancel of Labors (I think it is called) that has air and water elementals.

That's how I see water elementals (white blobs of taffy). To see a bigger pic, just click on it. Low-quality render option does not do this game any justice. The water itself, like Maelle said, looks like a clear sheet of plastic, that has no collision detection (no ripples or anything when you move around). The razorbeast pet looks like a purple rectangle, and the lesser earth elemental pet looks like a gray mass. And the armor looks like crap.

Deleted
    Some brilliant screenshots the game looks beautiful on high settings.

I dont play Rift but have always had a soft spot for it, im gonna get around to downloading the trial soon I cant wait.

10+ Year Old Account

This is on medium. Only just got into EI on account of my not being able to kill anything.
    However its stunning!
    Will post a couple more in a minute

Try to get your hands on an old GTX 260, preferably a 216 core like this one. They'll not max it out, but at least you won't have to tick that god awful low renderer ever again, and they aren't too expensive.
    I actually can't upgrade my PC apart from some RAM which it desperately needs without having compatibility problems / a larger PSU sadly. I looked into it a few times and by the time I start replacing stuff, it ends up being more than it's worth. Also I live in Denmark so shipping / cheap componants is not always possible

Thanks for the suggestions though

I actually can't upgrade my PC apart from some RAM which it desperately needs without having compatibility problems / a larger PSU sadly. I looked into it a few times and by the time I start replacing stuff, it ends up being more than it's worth. Also I live in Denmark so shipping / cheap componants is not always possible

Thanks for the suggestions though
    You're welcome, advice is free and I'm avoiding my final year dissertation

Try asking on Facebook maybe, lots of people have random pieces of PC lying about, I bet a PSU is among them.

Also try Komplett if you need to buy anything. I used to buy from them years ago when they shipped to the UK, their prices were great so hopefully that is still the case.

If not, well, nevermind. One day you'll have a machine like Azuri's What are your specs if you don't mind, and your motherboard model? I'm always curious, people often underestimate their options.

You're welcome, advice is free and I'm avoiding my final year dissertation

Try asking on Facebook maybe, lots of people have random pieces of PC lying about, I bet a PSU is among them.

Also try Komplett if you need to buy anything. I used to buy from them years ago when they shipped to the UK, their prices were great so hopefully that is still the case.

If not, well, nevermind. One day you'll have a machine like Azuri's What are your specs if you don't mind, and your motherboard model? I'm always curious, people often underestimate their options.
    I have a HPa6150 - specs below (try not to laugh!)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduct=3542380

Everything on it is as the day it was purchased - apart from the gfx card which went bang about a year ago and I am now sporting a GT 220 which was an upgrade of sorts from the original.

I actually just bought 4 gigs of RAM just now in irritation at how darn slow the PC is at everything these days, especially at doing more than 1 thing at a time I have been holding out buying parts in the hope I would have more money and just buy a new PC but thats not looking likely at the moment!

I have a HPa6150 - specs below (try not to laugh!)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduct=3542380

Everything on it is as the day it was purchased - apart from the gfx card which went bang about a year ago and I am now sporting a GT 220 which was an upgrade of sorts from the original.

I actually just bought 4 gigs of RAM just now in irritation at how darn slow the PC is at everything these days, especially at doing more than 1 thing at a time I have been holding out buying parts in the hope I would have more money and just buy a new PC but thats not looking likely at the moment!
    That's actually not a terrible spec, your graphics card is your bottle neck I am 100% sure of it. Check this chart and notice the column titled 'Processing Power GFLOPs'. Your GT220 comes in at 196, the GTX 260 comes in at 715 and if you manage to grab one of the core 216 models or the even later (but rarer) 55nm revisions then your power jumps to 804 or 874 respectively. These numbers aren't strictly an indicator of performance, ie you cannot say that you will definitely see four times the power, but it is a massive jump in power and they are relatively cheap on eBay. I actually used one for a while to play RIFT, and most settings were on high with the low quality renderer off (though my CPU is a bit more powerful than yours, but not that much).

Anyway, that is enough from me on this topic, whatever you decide to do good luck and enjoy the game