Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I use the default pet, Spirit Beast. Higher Kill Commands come in handy. (Even though pets still often bug out)

Quick question for a new BM hunter.

We making tries on Yor'sahj the Unsleeping hc now and I usualy play SV, and made many trys on this boss doing around 39-40k.

My question is, should I go BM? Is it better for aoe with a worm?

My second question is if I should use BW with Burrow Attack or even if I should delay BW to use with this pet aoe?

Tks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sepulturaa View Post
    Yes, Worms are really good here. Also keep your pet on the Yor'sahj at all times. It's just a DPS loss if you switch switch the pet to oozes.

My second question is if I should use BW with Burrow Attack or even if I should delay BW to use with this pet aoe?
    I personally use BW with Burrow Attack, theoretically it will cause 20% more damage. But don't quote me on that.

Send your pet into a rage causing 20%

Other notes: I also use Burrow on CD since it does rather nice damage anyway. But whatever you do.. DON'T Kill Command while the Worm is Burrowing. He'll come out of Burrow and you'll lose all of that potential damage.

Also, don't use Thunderstomp. It's a waste of fokus.
    Last edited by Serj Tankian; 2012-02-09 at 04:13 PM.

Quick question for a new BM hunter.

We making tries on Yor'sahj the Unsleeping hc now and I usualy play SV, and made many trys on this boss doing around 39-40k.

Tks
    If your raid has the 3% damage buff from another source you can stay Survival, if you're in a 10man, as the AoE of Surv is better. Saying that, for the 3 Yor'sahj kills I've been on, we ran 1 Surv & 1 BM - I'm the BM hunter so from my own experience, I found adding the following line in my macro's "/petattack [@pettarget,noexists]" keeps my pet on Yor'sahj all the time whilst allowing me to DPS the blob w/o the loss from the pet switching. If you time it right, and I've seen it on some logs, try switching pets out before Black phases - ie run a Ferocity pet then before the Add phase, dimiss your pet and summon the AoE pet.

PPS @Keren - you forgot Fortitude buff.

For the choice of using Burrow - by all means use BW during Burrow - the quicker the adds die, the more time on the Boss for your team. I posted somewhere the difference between a Worm & Chimera with regards to their AoE's - my personal preference is use a Chimera, not only is it a cunning pet but the AoE is spammable so you can feel free to interrupt it using Kill Command whereas a Worm's AoE is on a 30sec CD - personal preference though.
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafft View Post
    my personal preference is use a Chimera, not only is it a cunning pet but the AoE is spammable so you can feel free to interrupt it using Kill Command whereas a Worm's AoE is on a 30sec CD - personal preference though.
    Actually it's 24sek because of our talent Longevity.

Also here's logs of the top BM Hunters with Worm, Chimera and Ferocity and Comparison to SV and MM too.

SV Log: 54494 DPS
    Worm Log: 52301 DPS
    Ferocity Log: 47699 DPS
    Chimera Log: 45674 DPS
    MM Log: 45652 DPS

So I tryed being BM yesterdays trys. Was a complete mess to me. On aoe I mean.

I mean the BM spec is very easy and all but the pet not allways got focus to use the spell when I want. Many times I had to turn off the Bite before adds comes so I was sure I had focus to make the pet spell. Any tips about this would be great.

Other thing I notice, I never use the pet assist, I do it manualy, after the borrow attack, the pet doesnt come back to his last target, he becomes passive. Is stupid. Most of tyhe times we dont even notice becuase we tend to trow a kill comand just after his aoe attack but he does that.

But the realy messy part was wanting to make the aoe attack and pet had no focus. Ended up making 36k on most trys, kinda low for what im use to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other thing I notice, I never use the pet assist, I do it manualy, after the borrow attack, the pet doesnt come back to his last target, he becomes passive. Is stupid. Most of tyhe times we dont even notice becuase we tend to trow a kill comand just after his aoe attack but he does that.
    If you put your pet on Defensive he'll stay on the target you assign him to and not attack any other target unless told to. Passive and Assist pet can be buggy at times from my experience.

I mean the BM spec is very easy and all but the pet not allways got focus to use the spell when I want. Many times I had to turn off the Bite before adds comes so I was sure I had focus to make the pet spell. Any tips about this would be great.
    Ja, I posted about that back on Page 5. Really just have to monitor the pet bar.

Tks for answering...

Basacly is what I was doing, bite of. Need make some macros next time for that...

Chimera is awful and i've been playing quite alot BM to determine this. Why? because the breath is cone shaped and every single time it misses at least one target, unless you have perfect 'RNG location of adds' it a waste of DPS. WTB proper AoE pet without long CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Chimera is awful and i've been playing quite alot BM to determine this. Why? because the breath is cone shaped and every single time it misses at least one target, unless you have perfect 'RNG location of adds' it a waste of DPS. WTB proper AoE pet without long CD.
    Ja, really hoping we get Hydra's.

Code:
    Ferocious Heads
    10 Sek. cooldown
    The Hydra swings its heads instantly hitting all targets within 10yrds dealing x% of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    Ja, really hoping we get Hydra's.

Code:
    Ferocious Heads
    10 Sek. cooldown
    The Hydra swings its heads instantly hitting all targets within 10yrds dealing x% of damage.
    AMAGAD! is it real?

Tell us it's not a lie! Haha... if only...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not real, sorry. But an idea that I've always had since Hydra became its on pet-class.

Honestly I use the default pet, Spirit Beast. Higher Kill Commands come in handy. (Even though pets still often bug out)
    Sorry I'm not too familiar with BM and pets, so assuming all raid buffs are covered, Spirit Beasts do more damage?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Sorry I'm not too familiar with BM and pets, so assuming all raid buffs are covered, Spirit Beasts do more damage?
    Actually, all ferocity pets deal the same damage with KC.

Since all three pet classes scale with 42,5% AP, they should all deal the same damage with KC, if you ignore talents.

With talents, though, ferocity-pets should deal more damage with KC, due to Shark Attack and Spider's Bite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Alright thank you for that clarification, so it's just a difference between ferocity and cunning, meaning a ferocity Spirit Beast should do the same DPS as a regular ferocity pet.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Alright thank you for that clarification, so it's just a difference between ferocity and cunning, meaning a ferocity Spirit Beast should do the same DPS as a regular ferocity pet.
    Correct. The perk you get from a Spirit Beast is a small heal called Spirit Mend (I believe) that, while small, can take some pressure off of your healers when used at the right time.

Deleted
    As BM what would be the best pet to use in raids if I do not have a Spirit Beast yet? Overall I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    As BM what would be the best pet to use in raids if I do not have a Spirit Beast yet? Overall I mean.
    Any Ferocity pet, really. Spirit Beasts actually don't do any more damage than your typical Ferocity (e.g. Moth). Spirit Beasts are just the pet of choice for BM Hunters for some reason.

Any Ferocity pet, really. Spirit Beasts actually don't do any more damage than your typical Ferocity (e.g. Moth). Spirit Beasts are just the pet of choice for BM Hunters for some reason.
    Self-heals are good utility.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.