Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    mmmmm Where do I go to look up my system specs for this.

<--- not good with computers
    Windows button -> Run -> Type in "dxdiag" -> gives you everything you could want and more!*

*Does not include GW2

As Pyre said dxdiag is best for looking up specs, especially as it's the diagnosis tool for DirectX

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I'm not sure. If in RIFT, I can't run the game in ultra settings without trying to get 30 fps then how do I know I will be able to get ultra on GW2, which arguably looks far better than RIFT.

PS. Why not get the Radeon HD 6990? Isn't that considered to be the best video card at the moment?
    most of gw2 looks comes from aesthetics and clever use of various techniques (umbra being one of them), not to mention great artists to start with.

most game engines don't use that kind of optimisation, some even add un-noticeable (invisible?!) details to artificially increase the GPU load -force you into upgrading your GPU to get better performances- while the final graphics are just... well, not all that fantastic at all most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    As someone pointed out earlier in a thread, Mif is actually Colin in disguise
    can't be, colin likes charr "because he wants to be a badass", that doesn't fit someone who only goes by asuras and cookies.
    Last edited by sacrypheyes; 2012-02-15 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    ...can't be, colin likes charr "because he wants to be a badass", that doesn't fit someone who only goes by asuras and cookies.
    It's all a ploy! WE WON'T BE FOOLED AGAIN!!! YYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    It's all a ploy! WE WON'T BE FOOLED AGAIN!!! YYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    Lol You really are on crack

i'm interested in GW2 and i want to run the game on very high to ultra settings.
    is it possible with the following specs?
    -AMD Athlon II X4 3 GHz Processor
    -8gb ram
    -ATI Radeon HD6850

i'm planing on buying a new mobo. can you guys recommend me one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    can't be, colin likes charr "because he wants to be a badass", that doesn't fit someone who only goes by asuras and cookies.
    It´s all part of the plan dont you see, he just pretends to be this little azura loving thing to set us of his track i´ll tell ya Mif is Colin!

Deleted
    can mine run it?
    RAM: 3GB
    CPU: Celeron(R) Dual-core cpu
    DirectX: 11
    GPU: Mobile intel(R) 4 series express chipset family

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcD25 View Post
    can mine run it?
    RAM: 3GB
    CPU: Celeron(R) Dual-core cpu
    DirectX: 11
    GPU: Mobile intel(R) 4 series express chipset family
    In one word, no.

XP Professional
    3GB
    DirectX 9
    Intel(r) Pentium(r) D 3.40GHZ(2 core)
    ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 512 MB

May or may not make sense.

Deleted
    I have bad and good news.

Good:
    the game works really great on nvidia and intel (guys with gtx460 could max everything)

Bad:
    for some reason it does not like Ati and AMD (Radeon HD 6870 barely runs in on medium if at all)

Fortunately, they still have some time to optimize, personally I'm not worried - sitting on gtx560Ti so I'm just chillin' ;]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I have bad and good news.

Good:
    the game works really great on nvidia and intel (guys with gtx460 could max everything)

Bad:
    for some reason it does not like Ati and AMD (Radeon HD 6870 barely runs in on medium if at all)

Fortunately, they still have some time to optimize, personally I'm not worried - sitting on gtx560Ti so I'm just chillin' ;]
    No professional company would ever render half of its market unable to use a major product..

10+ Year Old Account
    Good:
    I'm glad I'm on their sides of the fence on both counts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by achareat View Post
    No professional company would ever render half of its market unable to use a major product..
    That's why I've said they still have time to optimize - it's kinda the last thing you do in development process.

Is GW2 a demanding game? Wondering if my rig can run it on Ultra @ 120 FPS or I'll have to cap it at 60.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'm glad I'm on their sides of the fence on both counts
    Same here, I'm an intel fanboy since their 386 processor which run on super high frequency of 16MHz - it was a lot back then =]. God.. suddenly.. I feel so old :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here, I'm an intel fanboy since their 386 processor which run on super high frequency of 16MHz - it was a lot back then =]. God.. suddenly.. I feel so old :/
    Don't worry, I remember when cpu "turbo" was a button on the case

Deleted
    Hehe, good to know there are other "old-timers" here ;p.

As for the topic at hand, I wouldn't worry, they really ARE good with optimizing, I'm sure GW2 will run fluently on both amd and intel systems.

Wow that's a blast from the past. I was taught not to touch that button. Being the goody shoes boy, I've never pushed it before....

Nice to hear that my setup will be fine too, sitting at a 460GT 1GB, 6GB ram and an i5 2400.

Arenanet can take my money!

Vista 64 Home Basic
    Radeon 4850 1gb
    8GB DDR2
    Intel Q6600 Quad OC'd to 2.7GHz

Its an older PC I built back in high school. I'm hoping to get High out of it but we will see what happens.