Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

uninstall. throw away or break the cds. if at all possible delete your account?

Make a schedule and follow it. Make a checklist. If you really can't control yourself stop playing video games while at school. If it is not WoW, it will be another game. School is more important.

Second part of my advice is stop listening to idiots telling you to throw out the game "because it sucks." You enjoy it. That is all that matters. You just need to learn self control.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    How long have you played the game for?

Not being rude, but I'm surprised anyone can get addicted to the game now, it's such a shadow of its former self.
    Omg, exactly what I was thinking ... except that I thought it might be too harsh to say ><

How can anyone be addicted to WoW at its current stage?

Its all about instant gratification, and gimme gimme gimme gimme epics. Run LFD, Run LFR, Few BGs if you like PVP, log off. Thats all WoW is now a days. Unless your in a guild that raids, even then you only need to be on for a raid night. The crack part of WoW, is LONG LONG gone. I wanna know what your doing exactly to be this addicted, to waste your career down the drain, and work and $$$$ over WoW. That's sad.

There is nothing we can do to help you quit.

Its all you, and always has/will be you. This applies to anyone/anything in life.
    Stop playing WoW. Simple as that. Tons and Tons of other games to try and play.

Too much of ANYTHING, is bad for you.
    Take everything into moderation.

EDIT: dam someone stole my line before I could click post ^_^

addiction is part of life

anyone who says they aint addicted to anything is a liar

its all about moderation

Go find a girlfriend or a boyfriend, that's the best advice you can have to stop the addiction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozens View Post
    Hey guys,

i've just found out that i've failed my Degree and it is because i keep playing wow, even when i have work due and assignments to give in..

any advice?

i know i should quit the game.. but i just feel as if i can't cause i enjoy it and im addicted to it wayyy too much.

Any constructive feedback would be great, please don't flame.. no one is perfect.
    Short answer? Stop playing it.

Long answer? Stop playing it, and do whatever is necessary to do that. Give your account credentials to a friend or family member, have them change your password, and don't let them give you the information until you're absolutely certain you can handle yourself.

If that's not an option, or isn't enough, I'm fairly certain you could arrange to have Blizzard close your account for you if you called them (not email, but an actual phone call) and explained what was going on. I imagine you could have the account reopened at a later date.

Goes without saying you should uninstall immediately and step away from everything WoW-related for a while. This includes internet forums, news sites (like MMO-Champion, Wowhead, and Wowinsider), and associated things.

Game addiction's a serious addiction, no different from being addicted to pot, alcohol, or any other drug or negative behavior. You treat it much the same way.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Hey guys,

i've played since cataclysm and just know so many people online, used to go to the gym & play sports but now i just seem to fill the time with wow..

i stopped pve'ing and now pvp.. but still i am online all the time.. and its a massive distraction from when im trying to do an essay..

i concentrate for about 15-20 mins.. then go back to playing for 1-2 hours easily..

Should i just throw it away and un-subscribe then? ... my heart says i should.. but my head wants me to play it! :<

plus it feels as if im trapped.. cause it too late for me to get my degree back.. speaking to someone tomorrow to see if they can help me with my options.. if i stay.. wow is going to be my main priority to get out of my life i think

10+ Year Old Account
    Just kill deathwing heroic and there will be nothing to do for you in the game till MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is tuned by Blizzard, for any player to have 4 fulltime jobs, take classes, have 8-13 kids, an active social life and still see all end game content all at the same time.

WoW can never be called an addiction, ever again. <----- PERIOD. If you can find enough things to do in current WoW, it's not addiction, it's OCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    Just kill deathwing heroic and there will be nothing to do for you in the game till MoP.
    Addiction isn't about fun. It's about fulfilling a need, whether it's real or imagined. It's not as simple as "rofl go kill derpwing and ur cured."
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    You need something else to replace it with, but i doubt that you will be able to just quit the game and uninstall it, try to play less before you uninstall it ^^

I remember when i was addicted to WoW, i was 16, during the summer when school was closed i had my alarm to wake me up at 08.00 and i played the game for atleast 18 hours before i went to bed and repeat the next day.

I think you should try concentrate more on your studies and play WoW part-time or as social.

Did you enjoy the degree you were studying? That can also play an important factor.

You need alot of discipline and good schedule to overcome this problem, but its worth it at the end. Just remember WoW wont be around for much longer, but your degree will definitly be usefull for a whole much longer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oenz View Post
    Go find a girlfriend or a boyfriend, that's the best advice you can have to stop the addiction
    Believe it or not i have a girlfriend.. and she hates the game cause i've become addicted, failing my degree has made me realise how bad it has actually become

Deleted
    How can you be addicted to WoW, least of all Patch 4.3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Delete ur alts, leave ur current guild and join a 2day/week raiding guild, If it's PVP u like i don't really know how u can cut back :P ^^ casual ftw! After a while u will appreciate the times where u can say I've got nothing to do lets do some nolife wow'ing for a day before u need to get back to school or whatever

I guess what i'm trying to say is that it feels so rewarding when u have done the school/work shite u ought to do for the next day or week and u can basicly do whatever u want.
    Last edited by nimryas; 2012-02-22 at 02:04 PM.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    As a person who is trying to stop smoking, it actually annoys me when people say they are addicted. Did you fail your degree because of wow, or did you sit in playing wow because you werent really interested in your degree?
    You raised a good point here about if he was really interested in doing his degree or not, maybe look at doing something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Cozens View Post
    Believe it or not i have a girlfriend.. and she hates the game cause i've become addicted, failing my degree has made me realise how bad it has actually become
    Well then if you wish to keep her, I would quit. Sounds like she is next up to leave you. Then you REALLY be down and in a bind.

Just quit WoW, unsub, not uninstall. Wait till MoP. Take the icon off your desktop.

Uninstall wow, get a new hobby, when your bored play a game like dota 2, HoN, CS and u most likly wont get addicted but it will stop your sadisfaction for wow.

And ofc be with your GF whenever you can, thats what I did.
    Last edited by Relive; 2012-02-22 at 02:17 PM.