10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Here's an animation, I made to test my Sylvanas-rig:

My idea is to make a short movie, about her. This is going to be an enormous task and I'm not entirely sure, if I will ever finish it.
    Anyway, this will be something fun to keep me busy, til MoP goes live
    The animation and graphics of it look very nice, maybe a bit to bright for UC though :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgles View Post
    Decided to mess around with nouveau style, and now I'm addicted! It leaves so much room for creativity. This is the progress on a piece for my good friend .
    [IMG]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/017/c/b/evangelina_preview_1_by_mowgles-d4mq7aj.jpg[IMG]

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 08:50 PM ----------

And finished product:
    [IMG]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/018/2/b/evangelina_nouveau_by_mowgles-d4ms1hw.jpg[IMG]
    Gorgeous pin-up! =D

Also, Kiera and Hambo; beautiful stuff!
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-02-04 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Purty! :3
    I know this'll sound weird, but the purple you chose for the border goes really well with her skin tone.
    Thank you, and not weird at all! I'm taking a color theory course in college this semester, which I desperately need. Sometimes I'll put together a piece, then look at it a week later and think "What was I thinking with those colors? ugh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mowgles View Post
    Thank you, and not weird at all! I'm taking a color theory course in college this semester, which I desperately need. Sometimes I'll put together a piece, then look at it a week later and think "What was I thinking with those colors? ugh!"
    Oh man, I've had so many of those "why did I use those colours?" moments.

Deviantart:http://hitsujifox.deviantart.com/gallery/

New rough sketches of the average male and female Northerner Draenei. (ref'd male from posemaniacs.com)
    I'm pretty happy with these so far.

I’ve been working on my Northerns and Southerners a little bit as of late, so here’s silly little speedpaint of an average female Southern Draenei.
    Made her bald to show her tendrils off.

Decided that their most common colours would be dark red, dark blue, and dark purple. Uncommon would be dark green, dark teal, and dark orange.
    Rarest is dark blue and red together, and through selective breeding (a.k.a vanity) it’s restricted to those of royal blood.

‘Ugly/Reject’ colours are lime green, yellow, bright orange, pink. Pretty much anything too ‘light.’

Because their horns are only for display and fighting, their rhinophores are inside their tendrils (Northerner rhinophores are underneath the horns/crests).
    The female pictured on the left has her rhinophores ‘at rest,’ while the one on the right shows two of them 'active.'
    *Functions:
    -Pheromone/scent receptors
    -Able to pick up vibrations in the air

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could draw...I desperately want to get a tablet but can't afford it. My husband pulled out his old one but the pen is lost and I can't get it to work without it. So I'm stuck still attempting to learn to draw and color in Photoshop with just my mouse and to be frank, I'm awful at it.

This was my first attempt at something other than signatures/wallpapers/banners for the sig thread. I took the blood elf female render out of WMV and drew the hair and clothes on myself and attempted to paint over the body somewhat to smooth out the pixely parts.

Is this thread dead? O.o

Gamer Girl since Vanilla- Pet and Mount Collector!!!
    Armory
    DeviantART

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually found the tablet pen in the void behind my husband's desk and have been working on a couple things (chibi are fun!) but I'm still really bad so not posting any of it here. But no thread isn't dead. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose there's just been a lack of fan art. I've been meaning to draw a WoW piece of fan art. All my recent practice has been for anime characters. I'm really bad at drawing people with "real" features :P
    Gonna fill that gap a bit, prepare a bag for bricks!

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ka-d4qhx1f.png

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ka-d4qeoig.png

I'm sorry for links but the pics are just HUGE, and I still don't know how to post smaller versions without going through a grueling process of resizing them in PS manually >_<
    As always, the link to my DA page is in my sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Thanks everyone =)
    Felt like uploading the full resolution render to youtube as well.
    *awesome troll casting video*
    I certainly spent way to much time creating this, as it won't be seen that much. Ah well, time spent doing something fun, is time spent well, I guess!
    oh my god that is beautiful!!

10+ Year Old Account
    New piece of mine, corrupted twilight DK close up hope you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Theylive View Post
    New piece of mine, corrupted twilight DK close up hope you like.
    http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ad-d4juai1.jpg
    Beautiful texture!

I've been neglecting all the places I post stuff because of Tumblr.
    Oops. =P

These are the rough ideas for the almost finished piece below.

I need to start working on this soon. (These gals are as smooth as barbie dolls, and I've been told by a mod that as long as the privates are not showing, or smoothed over, then it's okay to post.)

Some little female worgen paintovers. Feel free to post them around but please credit me and do not erase my signature. Also, if you see any of my images without my signature, please alert me and link me to the image.

I did some WoW worg concepts a little while ago. This one is a longhaired worg.
    Highly intelligent and affectionate, but not rambunctious. They are the smallest type of worg.
    (Design is based off of the Collared Peccary)

The below image is clean, but it's a joke referencing a female process. If you are squicked out by that, then just scroll on to the next image

Something silly that I dedicate to every person who has menstruated, who is menstruating, and who will menstruate.

A wee little facial ref. of my Draenei, Tully, that I sketched up a few days ago. Younger on the left, older on the right.
    I think I'm getting the hang of her features now.
    Last edited by Rachel; 2012-02-29 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen that DK on D-Art, and can only say two things:
    1 -- I like their expression
    2 -- For the Twilight's Hammer >_<

Love those worgen hairstyles =D

Here's a commission I had done for Blizzcon badges. Done by the talented Fyruni over at www.Daily-Quests.com

edited for typo and non image:

I have no idea why none of my darn image links work anymore.. very frustrating...

http://s345.photobucket.com/albums/p...ela_badge1.png
    Last edited by Aranela; 2012-03-15 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranela View Post
    Here's a commission I had done for Blizzcon badges. Done by the talented Fyruni over at wwwwDaily-Quests.com

Ihave no idea why none of my darn image links work anymore.. very frustrating...

http://s345.photobucket.com/albums/p...ela_badge1.png
    If you use the "IMG code" thing on the right of your photobucket page you get
    Code:
    [ IMG]http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p371/Aranela/aranela_badge1.png[/IMG]
    which looks like

Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-03-14 at 12:52 PM.

[QUOTE=Mihir;15907019]If you use the "IMG code" thing on the right of your photobucket page you get
    Code:
    [ IMG]http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p371/Aranela/aranela_badge1.png[/IMG]
    that is the funny thing.. I have the image code done in the space above my edit. It just doesn't show up at all. I go to edit the post, and it's there and showing.. but when it is on the actual page, it doesn't display.. so in frustration I just posted a strait link

Edit: now that I look at it, I see a "action=view&current" in the url, making me think that the url copied wrong..
    Last edited by Aranela; 2012-03-15 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I do is Right click the image, "Copy Image Location", Insert it between these cool guys:

[IMG]pastehere[/IMG]
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is mine, after 12h of work (still not finished) but yeah
    my druid tauren !! Ruskä Zul'jin US

click to enlarge
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2012-03-15 at 04:29 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, it's been quite a while since I've seen this thread ^^

Made this a while ago, considering fixing the lighting, but that'll probably never happen

A doodle I've been meaning to paint in PS, but I've no idea on how to proceed on the feathers, and I'm working on a different pic atm so...

Quote Originally Posted by Merany View Post
    Oh my, it's been quite a while since I've seen this thread ^^

Made this a while ago, considering fixing the lighting, but that'll probably never happen
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...re-d4pj354.jpg

A doodle I've been meaning to paint in PS, but I've no idea on how to proceed on the feathers, and I'm working on a different pic atm so...
    http://i40.tinypic.com/i69lrn.jpg
    For feathers, I'd suggest using a square brush like this one:
    http://supernitro.deviantart.com/gal...brush#/d3l3l4y
    Just go into brushes, select shape dynamics, then choose 'pen pressure' in the 'control' dropdown menu. Then play around with the minimum diameter and find a width you like.

Now, there are tonnes of ways to paint feathers, so the one I'll describe is more of a speedpaint method.
    When you paint, establish where the colours will be and what colours you'll use, then do short strokes where shorter feathers are, and longer strokes where longer feathers are. Also, you don't have to paint every feather, just 'highlight' the feathers where the light is hitting. And of course, reference photos.
    I might have to make an image showing what I mean, though, since I'm not great at describing things. :P

Here's a good little tut I found, but it's for more detailed wings/feathers:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/resourc...athers#/dvhksg

I took a quick look on google for other examples, and surprisingly, there's not a lot on feathers.
    Just reference photos and other people's art, and find what works best for you.

Okay, I might as well post stuff while I'm here...

This was actually done a few days ago, around the middle of last week, but things have been distracting, and I've been trying to get through comments on deviantart.
    I'm kinda weird since I have this sort of compulsion to reply to all my comments before I post art, but I can't keep holding off uploading stuff.
    I also get scared whenever I can't think of what to say to a comment. I get nervous that people may think I'm ignoring them. :/
    Anyways, I'll post another image with some info. about her once I have it done.
    I really hope that her Arabic features are noticeable.
    (Her horns are kinda messed up, but I've nitpicked this too much. I'll leave it alone for a while.)

Guys. Guys. Guysguysguysguys.
    You should have seen the face I made when I looked at my old portrait of Tully, the one from 7 months ago.
    Guys.
    Seriously.
    I pulled the ‘oh god’ rage face.
    But that’s a good thing. That means I’ve improved.
    And I decided to not be a lazy butt-hole, and actually referenced ears. Pig and human to be exact.
    Also, I’ve decided to keep my northerner draenei eyes smaller. They’re still large enough to be semi-nocturnal, but they’re not so big that they’re a problem to paint.
    Last edited by Rachel; 2012-03-15 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realize I am saying this at the risk of being decapitated by the rest of this thread, but is there a chance that it could go back to featuring fanart and not half-finished tidbits from someone's digital sketchbook? I feel like the thread has been slightly derailed and for a long time it has been used instead as a sketchblog, which dominates most of the finished or other pieces people find on the web and post. It's getting a little difficult sifting through it all to find pieces that are stylistically new, or by people I've never seen before.

I do NOT have anything against people posting their work, or works in progress, but it seems that everyone else is getting swallowed up in the various wakes of large posts on every page. It gives me little incentive to go back and scroll through things anymore to see new art by artists of all calibers.

So I suppose, you know, go ahead and rip me apart I realize my opinion isn't really uh ... Well for a lurker ... Anyway ... Sorry for disturbing you all.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2012-03-15 at 07:52 PM.