Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you're really worried you should be able to go through the sign up process again, however if you receive an error saying the email account is already in use then that is actually a good sign as that confirms your original application was processed otherwise your account wouldn't be on file.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Gmail addresses seem to not be getting confirmation emails. Not even in the spam box.
    I use gmail, got a confirmations email.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I signed up about 4 hours ago and haven't gotten it. I'm more worried about getting the acceptance email though (which I won't even get, so meh)
    Agreed. That was my biggest concern as well.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    If you're really worried you should be able to go through the sign up process again, however if you receive an error saying the email account is already in use then that is actually a good sign as that confirms your original application was processed otherwise your account wouldn't be on file.
    Nice well I'm all set then =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    I've heard a theory that when the site launched thousands upon thousands of emails pretty much at once they got caught in gmail's spam filter, which was later removed, once google identified what's going on. This is why people who signed up later are getting the emails. That sounnds somewhat plausible.
    I signed up via a gmail address 30 mins ago, haven't received a confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Insert eyeroll emoticon here.

Was this edited in? Didn't remember it the first time around, anyway.
    >Implying that because you've been a longtime fan you deserve this more than anyone else.
    >Implying that I didn't play GW1 and HAVE actually been excited about GW2 simply because I don't constantly post in the GW2 section.
    Wow it looks like you really went out of your way to make me look bad. Enjoy this reply from me because it's the last of the kindling I'm going to put into the fire. Flame all you want, Mr. Anime. I didn't come here to start an argument I simply asked a question. If you wanna get mad or bitter feel free. Just don't do it here because I'm sure the people actually contributing to this discussion don't want to see it. Myself included.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Just saw that on twitter as well. Thank you for posting. <3

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    They must have gotten tired of telling people not to worry. However I must say the link works!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Flame all you want, Mr. Anime
    Are you implying something with this.

(Also, I just quoted a post, you went through my post history. Who put in the most effort?)

I just signed up and I am using Gmail, I got a thank you for applying e-mail instantly

Deleted
    If you're not getting confirmation emails go here: https://beta.guildwars2.com/resend

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Yeah it'd be hilarious, alright. Again they are all legit emails I use every day as well as active Guild Wars account emails. I don't sympathize, however, with the people who spam them and made tons of emails. Even so, they wouldn't ban anyone they would just not invite them. Thanks for your insight thought.
    I honestly think you're doing exactly the same thing as people who you don't sympathise with, how is it any different? :x

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    ArenaNet claimed they're using something called BlueHornet.
    This is correct, all the links in the email were routed through bluehornet servers. That's why I just went straight to beta page at first to make sure it's legit, and then just sandboxed my browser and signed up from referral link.

Email they sent newsletter itself from however is guidwars2@ncsoft.com. Beta signup confirmation comes from noreply@guildwars2.com

EDIT: https://beta.guildwars2.com/resend works for my gmail account. I received confirmation email almost instantly upon typing my gmail address into that page. Original confirmation email never came.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-02-23 at 12:42 AM.

Well this sure is interesting.

That's me attempting to first sign up again using my same specifications as earlier today (7 hours ago). When it tells me that my email is already in use I then try the resend. It tells me that my email is not recognized by their system.
    Last edited by Mkalafut; 2012-02-23 at 12:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's what I'm encountering as well.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Btw are people making multiple e-mails and signing up loads to get beta keys?

If so won't ArenaNet notice and not give them the keys because its unethical?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That has to be some crazy ass backwards bug on the server then. I'd keep tuned into the Twitter or Facebook page for any updates. Or worst case scenario retry later this evening once the rush dies down.

Must have hit googles spam-filter, didnt get any confirmation for my @gmail.com adress either.

Most likely because a TON of equal looking mails have gone out within very short timeframe = typical spam.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    Btw are people making multiple e-mails and signing up loads to get beta keys?

If so won't ArenaNet notice and not give them the keys because its unethical?
    Yeah some people are making multiple emails and applying for each email. What ArenaNet does is up to them and I doubt we will hear about what happens since it is a beta by invite only, they could essentially not pick whomever decides to apply with multiple email addresses.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/resend worked for me. Got my confirmation.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Yeah some people are making multiple emails and applying for each email. What ArenaNet does is up to them and I doubt we will hear about what happens since it is a beta by invite only, they could essentially not pick whomever decides to apply with multiple email addresses.
    Easy to do a:

"delete from table where IP-adress = used multiple times at sign up"

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    https://beta.guildwars2.com/resend worked for me. Got my confirmation.
    Same here. I got the confirmation mail almost instantly.