Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    SWTOR was just aweful, i cant imagine anyone doing a worst job at support. They concluded a ticket my gf opened a month ago because loot went to the wrong person. She made the ticket right away. And their answer was basicly, its so long ago now that they cant fix it anymore. I laughed so hard They never replied to a ticket made about ingame mails that went lost either. I called them once and got someone who spoke horrid english, but it did go pretty fast, altough it was a simple matter.

WoW, imo, has fantastic support. Got hacked twice and both cases everything was fully resolved and restored within 2h of picking up the phone. First time i was hacked they even banned the account before it could be used to do some real harm, pretty quick thinking.

I hope ANet does atleast half a decent job as Blizzard and itll be fine.

Played CoH for 7.5 years and GW1 on and off for 5 years. I have never had any issue with CS in either game, nor have I had any issues with the plaync web store. Most of my issues have been resolved quickly and courteously. However, I do know someone who ended up getting into an argument with the CS person he had to deal with over an issue in CoH. My WoW CS experience was 50/50, LotRO was pretty good, and WAR was completely non-existent (which is EA, so no real surprise there).

15+ Year Old Account
    I decided to play GW a few months back but forgot my password. So I sent an email and literally like 10 minutes later got an email back and it was all sorted, not sure if arenanet or ncsoft dealt with it but it was bloody fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard customer service is good, I'm really scared of what could be a bad customer service.

Deleted
    I've contacted the Game Masters in WoW at least 30 times over the years (ranging from minor spelling errors, to being hacked), and I have never once had a bad experience with.
    When I've reported a bug in a dungeon, I usually get a reply within less than half an hour. The shortest reply in this matter was within 5 minutes. It's true.
    When I was hacked, and all my characters were deleted, I had the account restored within a very short time as well.
    So, in my opinion, Blizzard's customer support is excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    If Blizzard customer service is good, I'm really scared of what could be a bad customer service.
    There's a thread on the SWTOR forums with some images of a gm talking about a bug in a dungeon, that should give you an idea of bad CS

It's hilarious
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Agree.
    Blizzard has exelent customer service. ( only from personal experience)
    For my Wow life made about i think 20tickets.
    NONE was waiting time moor than 10mins
    Am i lucky?
    I hues so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    There's a thread on the SWTOR forums with some images of a gm talking about a bug in a dungeon, that should give you an idea of bad CS

It's hilarious
    Mind throwing me a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Mind throwing me a link?
    It's stupid. He's throwing smilies all over the place and responding in the most ridiculous fashion. It's a wonder the guy actually got a real person to speak to, usually you just get botted reply when you send a ticket.

Hands down the worst costumer service ever.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Mind throwing me a link?
    hmm, I'll try and find it, was a few weeks ago, though.

Edit: found it, Clicky Clicky!!!
    Last edited by jvbastel; 2012-02-23 at 03:45 PM.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, if it is indeed nc soft i may, sadly, have to skip gw2.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derv View Post
    I play GW1 for 5 years now. I've had several issues that made me contact support and I did not have one single problem EVER. Every issue got fixed, friendly and quick responses etc. One of the best customer services I know.
    Same here. Lost my GW1 account a couple of times and the support got it back to me the very next day on both attempts. Without me having the CD key, just going by character name and giving them some personal information.

Blizzard is okay. Spent hours to them on hold whilst waiting to get my account back that was hacked. Sent off multiple tickets over the years and sometimes I waited weeks for a response but other times I waited a few hours. Never ever had a ticket answered by blizzard in less than 2-3 hours.
    Last edited by Hulari; 2012-02-23 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    There is a penalty yes, the more you get downed, the faster your down bar goes down until the point you won't get downed but just die.
    oh man, i hope that doesn't turn into a "farm". i can see someone standing over me waiting for me to stand up so he can knock me back down. i guess it will depend on what reward you get for "downing" somebody

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    well, if it is indeed nc soft i may, sadly, have to skip gw2.
    You know they have nothing to do with the game itself right?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    oh man, i hope that doesn't turn into a "farm". i can see someone standing over me waiting for me to stand up so he can knock me back down. i guess it will depend on what reward you get for "downing" somebody
    I think there's a maximum of 4 downs, on the 4th you die instantly. So it's not too bad. I thinks it's 4 anyway. D:

Honestly, why is it such a trend for people to have bad experience with customer service? I hear about a lot of people having "issues" with things like NCSoft and Steam. It's weird how people can suddenly start having problems where everyone else are fine, which leads me to think they aren't doing things right when reporting issues...

I've dealt with a few different customer services, and never had a problem. The only one where I could see problems all around, is the customer service for SW:TOR (they're pretty much infamous for their incredibad customer service now, though). Otherwise... I don't get it.

So yeah, going as far as skipping on games because of one bad situation (this is not aimed at anyone in particular, btw), seems extremely awkward to me.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I think there's a maximum of 4 downs, on the 4th you die instantly. So it's not too bad. I thinks it's 4 anyway. D:
    you can see my concern there i hope. however, they seem to be pretty serious about stomping out griefing. camping someone in that fashion would be griefing imo, and i think if it became a "thing" they would put a stop to it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    You know they have nothing to do with the game itself right?
    They do however have everything to do with your account and more then likely support, wich can be scary to some people that lets say have played Aion or Lineage2

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    They do however have everything to do with your account and more then likely support, wich can be scary to some people that lets say have played Aion or Lineage2
    exactly, when i tried to return to COH after a long time away, trying to recover my password was impossible! I ended up having to start a new account, because they couldn't reset mine. They never gave me a reason, they just couldn't.