Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I always just apply on one account, like people have said I don't wanna get disqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    People need to remember that beta isn't a free trial for you to dick around, you're there to test out the game and iron out all the kinks.
    People who apply with multiple emails give me the impression that they aren't there to contribute and therefore, shouldn't be there at all.
    Sadly, most people who sign up for betas treat it exactly as that - free trial to screw around in.
    Personally I only signed up once.

I'm fairly too lazy to cheat confident my single email will net me a beta invite, it worked for DotA2, no reason it won't work here

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    apply with a lot of emails? I've only used my main hotmail to apply, got the confirmation 10 min after i applied yesterday. But I keep reading about people who have made several hotmails etc and applied with those. Will it increase your chance of getting an invite, or how does their system work?
    Actually I had to opposite result when I applied with my hotmail account yesterday. 24+ hours later and still no confirmation email. After reading posts from several people having the same experience as mine, I "applied" again using my work email address and received a confirmation in < 10 min.

So it really doesn't seem fair to block multiple registrations if they failed to send an email confirmation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrit View Post
    I was realy thinking about it because I realy want to have some GW2 vids on my Youtube channel , but Karma won over my mind
    FYI this beta will be under NDA, your not allowed to record anything, not even take screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    FYI this beta will be under NDA, your not allowed to record anything, not even take screenshots.
    You can't even tell anybody that you're playing the beta. How do they expect anyone to keep such a secret?!

Deleted
    http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#fifteen

What does NDA stand for and what does that mean for me?
    NDA stands for Non-Disclosure Agreement. An NDA is a legal contract between ArenaNet and you that states all content in the Guild Wars 2 Beta Events is confidential. By signing the NDA, you agree to not disclose that you are a participant in a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event and to not disclose any information about the content. Breaking the NDA can lead to legal proceedings.
    Just throwing this one in here because it feels important

Deleted
    And yea i forgot to mention that your not even allowed to say your in it, if you are.

I used multiple e-mails and multiple computers, got everyone I know who's not interested to let me use theirs.

i hope i get in

Signed with my pc and mac .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox2223 View Post
    I used multiple e-mails and multiple computers, got everyone I know who's not interested to let me use theirs.
    Good luck I, suppose... Do something good in beta if you're taken in :x

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Good luck I, suppose... Do something good in beta if you're taken in :x
    Oh trust me I will. I've beta'd before and I want in so I can help in every way possible to make the game better for everyone at release. Keeping me busy is just a side note.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for the NDA, it's important to realize that there is a difference between the official rule and what will be told. If I said I was in and it's great do you think anyone would care, really. I'm not in the beta, no one has invites yet, but it's not like they'll take you to court of ask you to remove a post like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    As for the NDA, it's important to realize that there is a difference between the official rule and what will be told. If I said I was in and it's great do you think anyone would care, really. I'm not in the beta, no one has invites yet, but it's not like they'll take you to court of ask you to remove a post like that.
    You can't even tell people if you got in.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    You can't even tell anybody that you're playing the beta. How do they expect anyone to keep such a secret?!
    Well, as with Blizzard and it's own NDA when you get hired as a GM, they fully expect you to tell certain close people in your own life. Family, close friends, that sorta thing.

But they sure as hell don't expect you to jump onto the internet, posting about it on forums, sharing it on your blogs and facebooks.

Common rule of thumb is, if it doesn't get out publicly that you're in, then ANet doesn't care.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you all only buy 1 lottey or raffle ticket as well.

BETA Club rules :

1st RULE: You do not talk about BETA CLUB.
    2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about BETA CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone falls asleep or goes limp, the BETA will be over.

4th RULE: Only one player per BETA access.

5th RULE: One BETA at a time.

6th RULE: No sleep, no pauses.

7th RULE: BETA will go on as long as it has to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at BETA CLUB, you HAVE to play.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You can't even tell people if you got in.
    I don't think an Arena Net Ninja will kill you if you say it to your close friends and family, as long as they don't tell inside knowledge to everybody around them. Even if they posted "Cousin got GW2 Beta omg so jealous!!" on their Facebook page, I don't think they will track you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbs View Post
    Sadly, most people who sign up for betas treat it exactly as that - free trial to screw around in.
    Personally I only signed up once.
    Exactly. I hate seeing videos on youtube of people who just instantly close the "Quest feedback" or any sort of feedback or survey about something they did. The game is there for you to TEST. I was given BF3 Alpha & Beta (Before the open beta) and I actually gave feedback. Same for SC2, D3, and WoW:WoTLK. I would do the same with GW2 because I want to make sure it's absolutely perfect.