Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Thief's "Mug" trait remind me of Final Fantasy. :>

I'm pretty excited about the dual pistols. That will definitely be one of my early setups I'll try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    it wont go off until the first animation finishes anyway, im sure its enough time to hit another ability if you spammed 5

tho 2 rapid hits and stealth would be funny

troll move: hit, hide, hit, hide
    There is a skill queue and .. well if you have that bad habit of spamming skills I advice you to start getting rid of it now XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I'm aware of that. There are also, as mentioned, traits that restore initiative when you stealth, increase your initiative restore ratio when stealthed and restore initiative when scoring a crit. Even then 20 seconds (I used a watch, it's really 2 second per point) look like an awful amount of time specially looking at how fast the combat is
    Then I guess the key to being a good thief will be to pace yourself and to not exhaust your initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Then I guess the key to being a good thief will be to pace yourself and to not exhaust your initiative.
    The key to GW2 PvP is very clearly to burst someone as soon as they use their healing ability.

So it'd start off, for the thief, using the Initiative very sparingly, trying to maintain it. Maybe using some defensive cooldowns to last longer, and then once the other person uses it, put out a bunch of pressure. Chaining vanishes together for regaining initiative would also be good, I think.

The trick to a thief would probably be maintaining enough initiative to burst when necessary, but using enough of it so you aren't always on the defensive.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-23 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Yea, I assumed this was the universal draw and main point of the class' flavor- accuracy = big rewards. Like in LoL where playing a champion with an abundance of skill shots trades risk v reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarko View Post
    There is a skill queue and .. well if you have that bad habit of spamming skills I advice you to start getting rid of it now XD
    you'd be able to override the queue by hitting another skill before the queued skill goes off
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Keep in mind that crits like 3k are considered high dmg and most classes have their hp above 20k. 1vs1 tend to be a quite long battles. You cant burst someone down from full hp.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 12:06 AM ----------

you'd be able to override the queue by hitting another skill before the queued skill goes off
    Idd but you dont nesseserily want to do that, maybe you just want to get to stealth to get away and press it impatiently twice

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that crits like 3k are considered high dmg and most classes have their hp above 20k. 1vs1 tend to be a quite long battles. You cant burst someone down from full hp.

Idd but you dont nesseserily want to do that, maybe you just want to get to stealth to get away and press it impatiently twice
    not saying ispam buttons, but i am one of the guys that lieks to chain sap you, just saying cloak and daggering over and over is the new troll move
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    not saying ispam buttons, but i am one of the guys that lieks to chain sap you, just saying cloak and daggering over and over is the new troll move
    It is idd I hope they wont nerf it somehow but while having fun trolling you wont deal much dmg and heal abilities cds are shorter than they looks

Also dont forget your enemy doesnt need to target you to hit you while you are in stealth you are still in great danger especially from warriors :P
    Last edited by mmoced78b691e6; 2012-02-23 at 11:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1vs1 tend to be a quite long battles. You cant burst someone down from full hp.

This is what excites me about the game. It actually feels like 1v1 will be ALMOST balanced for once in an MMO, and the thief looks like it'll handle itself quite well 1v1.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is idd I hope they wont nerf it somehow but while having fun trolling you wont deal much dmg and heal abilities cds are shorter than they looks

Also dont forget your enemy doesnt need to target you to hit you while you are in stealth you are still in great danger especially from warriors :P
    people have no sense of humor :|
    also the 1v1 thing: with all the poison goodies it will help out due to the heal reduction
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Great example of shortbow playing IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8XqWEaiAcI

also old one but funny one

http://youtu.be/RJC28DUQcZs
    Last edited by mmocbc0101aaf4; 2012-02-23 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    also the 1v1 thing: with all the poison goodies it will help out due to the heal reduction
    Well poisons are not "sure thing" you have to choose them over some other also very usefull utility skills

10+ Year Old Account
    found a really good video showcasing the elite skill Thieves guild

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 05:36 PM ----------

Well poisons are not "sure thing" you have to choose them over some other also very usefull utility skills
    of course but the thief seems to have much more of an emphasis on it through skills and traits than others, besides maybe the necro (which is specifically built to last a long time)

if you know the CD of their heal and can keep track of it a good thief can nail a poison effect as it goes off
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-02-23 at 11:38 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Thief looks least interesting of all the classes to me. I've never been a fan of the sneaky archetype in any game. Despite that, I'll probably have one at 80 eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    found a really good video showcasing the elite skill Thieves guild

[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 05:36 PM ----------

Lol, one of the reasonS I'm considering thief is to be like EZIO AUDITORE!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Thief looks least interesting of all the classes to me. I've never been a fan of the sneaky archetype in any game. Despite that, I'll probably have one at 80 eventually.
    The thief isn't really like your typical rogue class. It doesn't have that emphasis on the stealth. It does have stealth, but they're very short, like 3 seconds. One of their elite skills is an 8 second stealth, which I think is the longest in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The thief isn't really like your typical rogue class. It doesn't have that emphasis on the stealth. It does have stealth, but they're very short, like 3 seconds. One of their elite skills is an 8 second stealth, which I think is the longest in the game.
    I know, they just don't interest me that much, even though they have a lot of shadow stepping which is my favorite mechanic of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Didnt they remove that because it was too overpowered. In the press beta its gone.