Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the specialty of healing priest in raids ?

1)Druid you want them since they top the healing parse (and ubba AoE heals)
    2)Hpal since they make the best Mtank healers
    3)Rshm get the best heals when your teamate are low on HP.
    4)Priest ?

But what is the power of a priest ? Is it just because they can shield your tank ? or to replace the Rshm in heavy mobility fight ?

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL. You're cute. You still only see holy paladins as tank healers.

Get with the times. Look at WoL top charts and tell me druids make the list. Oh, sir, you have given me a jolly good riot of a chuckle today.

To answer your question, priests can serve any role they need to. That's the beauty of being the only class with two (technically four) healing specs.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Well its true that I havent played for a while so things might have changed ( I should a have specified) And as for Hpal to be tank healers. They've been pigeon holed into Mtank healing because they could do it bether then anyone else. Not because they couldn't do anything else.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) You are a little off on your analysis of healing classes. Pally's are likely the strongest all round class. In DS, they are really considered the AOE healers and can easily destroy a resto druid on most fights.
    2) To answer your question. Priest can fill the roll of tank healer or raid healer. Both Disc and holy can do either (usually disc is preferred for tank). As a disc priest is it all about preventing spikes and absorbing damage. We use DA and PW:S to lower the spikes and damage raid members take. We also have amazing tools like pain suppression (basicly another tanking cooldown) and Barrier ( reduces all damage taken to anyone under it). On the other hand, a holy priest can likely pump out the most HPS of any class(besides maybe a pally because they are soooooo op right now). What you need to do is read a few of the guides on here and you will get a better understanding of what a priest can do. I have a geared level 85 of every healing class and I prefer my priest to any of the other classes.

My bro is playing the Hpally so I'm trying to find the healer to play with him on 10m.

Deleted
    Resto druids top the charts?
    Not since ICC or something.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, any class would work nice with a Hpally. Personally, I think either a shaman or priest would be the best fit depending on your raid makeup (the diff buff's each class bring). I would just pick the class you are most comfortable playing. It is a game. Have fun playing the class you like.

"What is the specialty of healing priest in raids ?"

The speciality of healing priests in raids is healing.

beside very particular hard modes you dont have a must-have classes in raids, every class can tank heal and every class can raid heal (this is in general, not gonna go into every-hc-fight-details for someone who apparently just comes back to game :P ).

* druids dont 'top' healing parses anymore (as in general).
    you can check worlds healing records yourself on http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...agon_Soul/hps/

and imo any class will fit nice with holy paladin. i often heal with holy paladin on my discipline priest and it works great.
    Last edited by babylon; 2012-02-24 at 04:19 PM.

Well. Holy priests bring very powerfull Divine Hymn in raid. They used to be best aoe-spike healers, but now those times are gone. Now they are just good healers with DH and limited tank healing.
    Discipline priests bring significant damage prevention to the raid. So they are still pretty unique.

Quote Originally Posted by turbe View Post
    4.2 says hi.

I always top healing meters with my holy priest in DS25 except if we have a paladin on Ultraxion with blue crystal, holy priest still have the best HoT in the game + Divine Hymn is the best heal ingame

Deleted
    For disc, I'd say the best mitigation/cooldowns. Disc can fill a 3rd healer role nicely on some fight too with the smite spec.
    For holy, I'd go with burst healing.
    In general, I'd say priest is the most versatile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    My bro is playing the Hpally so I'm trying to find the healer to play with him on 10m.
    Priest and pallies work well together as priest has 2 healing specs and depnding on the encounter that gives a lot of flexability the other healing classes can't really do well. Say it's a fight with lots of raid damage Holy priest and pally should be more than fine. A fight where the tank is getting hit hard priest switching to disc can really help mitigate the incoming damage. I have all healing classes and I have been playing the priest a lot lately it is a really strong healing class that has the ability to switch from one major healing style to another.

If you're looking for another healer to combo with a HPal in 10man, I'd say either a resto shaman or a disc priest. Disc works better in 10's than holy does IMO for priests.

Quote Originally Posted by turbe View Post
    I lol'ed hard. Guess you stopped playing in ICC.

Priests, especially holy, is damn OP atm. The aoe is just strong as fuck. And disc, well disc was always a support healer. But actualy our disci is a beast and tops aborbs/healing by far b4 our rsham and rdruid

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm personally loving disc right now, especially atonement build. Not that you should always judge your healing by healing meters but I'm always at or near the top of the charts in LFR with very little over heal (now it helps that shields don't over heal and atonement is a smart heal so it's likely sniping heals out from other people but overall we are very strong). Holy does have a lot of potential especially with the stack nature of DS but you can't go wrong with a priest, since you can change specs based on what is working better or what your raid needs.

Need a tank healer, spec disc with heavy mastery. Need spike AOE healing or high throughput, spec holy. Need to slow incoming raid damage and make life easier for your other healers, spec disc with heavy haste and some mastery.

Actually Disc priests can come up with monstruos AoE healing as well.

Well, btw, all healers are quite fine if we do not give gredits to any Holy Retardiance spammers.

It MIGHT be mitigation.

I play disc/holy, I play for flexibility. I tend to use Disc if there isn't another in the group, as I find it to be the most powerful and flexible of the healing specs, regardless of the others Im healing with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Pick one that you like, and one that you would like to have an offspec for. The wonderful thing about the healing role is it's not so much like DPS, where one shines brighter than another all the time (cough mages and rogues cough).

Holy paladins can go great with resto shamans (who are now just as good, if not better tank healers), disc priests, and holy priests. Druids at present are a bit weaker in DS content. Certianly not useless, but not as strong as the other three options.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

As far as healer roles go, all five healing specs can do any job. Some will of course have an easier time than others, but the "bring the player not the class" mantra isn't far from true. Expect massive complaints (like in firelands) when it is not. We don't see this kind of complaining right now (outside of a few disgruntled druids missing their lost god-state), so it's not a bad state of affairs as far as healer balance goes. But sure, it can always be better!

As far as disc vs holy...
    - Disc's main fortes are limitless mana, a good set of cooldowns, good single target burst, and not the least this "Preemptive Healing" thing.
    - Holy's main fortes are a strong toolbox, excellent AoE burst healing, and the ability to create 200+ green numbers appear on the screen at once.
    - Disc's main weaknesses include single target heal switching and using raid cooldowns when spread out
    - Holy's main weaknesses include mana, people ignoring the lightwell, and lingering firelands stigma.

Disc is probably the better tank healing spec, as holy is comparatively bad compared to any other spec, but perfectly adequate compared to the needs of any content. If you are in a 5mans, there is nothing wrong with holy's tank healing ability, and if you are in a raid, that just means someone else will do it. No sweat.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    I lol'ed hard. Guess you stopped playing in ICC.

Priests, especially holy, is damn OP atm. The aoe is just strong as fuck. And disc, well disc was always a support healer. But actualy our disci is a beast and tops aborbs/healing by far b4 our rsham and rdruid
    Druids were hands down the best healers in FL. So ICC would be incorrect. The nerf to wild growth after FL is what hurt druids the most.