Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Will We Be Able to See/Interact with Original Trilogy Heroes?

I ask this because I think this would be a cool idea in some future plot points or arcs; a meditation technique, a classic sci-fi literary device (alternate realities, time travel, etc) or some crazy new Force Power.

Before you think this is "impossible", look at the physics that are taking place--Multiple worlds light years apart from each other, that we can get to in a matter of seconds (hours, if you wanna be pedantic about it). Well, then, the idea of traveling in time or having some sort of communication with the future is physically possible--if we can travel FASTER than light, time travel is completely plausible.

so, with physics on our side, all that's left is a reason as to WHY we would contact the future, or the future contacting us. i just think it would be really cool to see Luke (voiced by mark hamill of course) rebuilding the Jedi Order, the temples, etc. maybe the emperor in our time has figured out a way to affect future, and his imminent presence will threaten the future peace! blah, blah, blah, blah, blah--i mean, it's not hard to see where this could go.

physically, it's doable. canonically, it might be a headache. thoughts?
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR takes place ~2700 years prior to the movirs. So no, we won't. As for time travel...that would allow for so many possible changes to events that canon would mean nothing. Invent time travel, and you can change what happened with Exar Kun, Tulak Hord, or some other well known characters making them insignificant, Or helping them conquer the known galaxy.

Also travel time between worlds takes days to weeks. An example is the dialig for Black Talon. normal means of travel from Viaken to Drumand Kaas takes 7 days. On the galactic map they are extremely close to one another.
    Last edited by Deckon; 2012-02-24 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to guess not, unless time travel is involved, and no indications show that it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    SWTOR takes place ~2700 years prior to the movirs. So no, we won't
    physics says we can
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box

Deleted
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also: Us affecting the future/future coming to us would severely affect what happens in the movies/books/etc. making the movies/books/etc. not the future anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also: Us affecting the future/future coming to us would severely affect what happens in the movies/books/etc. making the movies/books/etc. not the future anymore.
    not if we're talking about AFTER episode 6

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwell View Post
    not if we're talking about AFTER episode 6
    It would still affect the books that play after episode 6

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do that when developing a story that hasn't been rehashed over and over in novel after novel is so much more interesting?
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Deleted
    So you want a caverns of time in swtor? Space station of time a huge tardis floating in space now im ok with that but otherwice no i dont realy see the point yes it would be cool to see Luke build up the order but ive heard they have plans on making a movie about that.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2012-02-24 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    technically, that's correct for THAT timeline. in a multiverse (if FTL capability is able to exist), there are an infinite amount of branching, fractal universes. universe-i?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    physics says we can
    updated my post. What physics are you referringz

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    So you want a caverns of time in swtor? Space station of time a huge tardis now im ok with that but otherwice no i dont realy see the point yes it would be cool to see Luke build up the order but ive heard they have plans on making a movie about that.
    well a movie would be sweet, but i'm just saying i don't see a problem with it. not sayin' it would work or ACTUALLY BE GOOD, lol.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    updated my post. What physics are you referringz
    FTL, or quantuum physics. if we can travel faster than light (ftl), time travel becomes possible. which, of course, is the only way we can travel to worlds in other parts of the galaxy--if we didnt have ftl, we'd be in space a loooooong time before getting anywhere.
    Last edited by Qwell; 2012-02-24 at 05:53 PM.

luke skywalker discovers time travel, goes back in the past to erradicate the sith order so his father wouldn't be corrupted, someone else discovers it and asks the players to stop him since the consequences of changing the past could be catastrophic.

players fight him, beat some sense into him, and discover he was actually being controlled by the emperor (who didn't die) and was trying to trick him into destroying the jedi order [DUN DUN DUUUUUN!]

players beat the emperor's new droid body and save the continuity
    Last edited by checking facts; 2012-02-24 at 05:54 PM.

No. Simply No. If they did that, I would end my subscription. I'm fine with bugs and in-game technical issues. These are things that can be fixed. But, simply put, this would be the most ridiculous thing they could ever introduce into this game... and they already use RNG to determine wins in the event of a tie that doesn't even take into account their owns games mechanics in Warzones...

While physics say it may be possible, there is no mention of time travel in the movies. Pretty sure if there were some such thing either Yoda or Palpatine would definately know about it, and there are several points in the movies that both sides would have wanted to use it if they knew about it. This being the case, if it isn't able to be done in the future, why would it be able to be done in the past. It also just seems like something George Lucas would just say no to. It would open up way too many possibilities and just muddy up the story. If we could go to the future, then they could go to the past. Luke could go back and prevent Anakin from turning to the Dark Side. Someone could go way way back and warn everyone about Palpatine being the Emporer and Queen Amidala would never make the vote of no confidence that got him in to power.

Basically, time travel=never gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    While physics say it may be possible, there is no mention of time travel in the movies. Pretty sure if there were some such thing either Yoda or Palpatine would definately know about it, and there are several points in the movies that both sides would have wanted to use it if they knew about it. This being the case, if it isn't able to be done in the future, why would it be able to be done in the past. It also just seems like something George Lucas would just say no to. It would open up way too many possibilities and just muddy up the story. If we could go to the future, then they could go to the past. Luke could go back and prevent Anakin from turning to the Dark Side. Someone could go way way back and warn everyone about Palpatine being the Emporer and Queen Amidala would never make the vote of no confidence that got him in to power.

Basically, time travel=never gonna happen
    i get whaty you're saying in practical terms, which i agree with, it's just that with FTL capability, over 10000+ years of it, you'd thing SOMEONE, somewhere, SOMEHOW would make a connection with traveling in time. i mean, we're thinking abut it NOW, in our crappy 21st century.

i get whaty you're saying in practical terms, which i agree with, it's just that with FTL capability, over 10000+ years of it, you'd thing SOMEONE, somewhere, SOMEHOW would make a connection with traveling in time. i mean, we're thinking abut it NOW, in our crappy 21st century.
    Just because someone has thought about it, doesn't mean they've made it happen. I mean, we're thinking about it NOW, in our awesome 21st century. Do you have a time machine?

Maybe they have thought about it, tried to do it, and deemed it not possible. Much more likely than it ever appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Maybe they have thought about it, tried to do it, and deemed it not possible. Much more likely than it ever appearing.
    or maybe they deemed it too dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Karshtakavaar View Post
    Just because someone has thought about it, doesn't mean they've made it happen. I mean, we're thinking about it NOW, in our awesome 21st century. Do you have a time machine?
    No because we can't travel faster than light silly