Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

1 million signed up for the gw2 beta

just checked twitter and apparently 1 million people have signed up :O

I see my chances of getting into beta slowly slipping down the drain...not really. Rather quickly actually. ><

Deleted
    I'll never get into beta with that many people. :S I really hope signing up on 30 different computers was enough though.

Deleted
    Saw it as well. here is their photo of it http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/6926243899/

i dont know what the +13.000 means. maybe that they will let 13k players in the first event? chances that i get picked is more than minimal

The 13k likely means that's how many are still queued in the counter or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    This is a good sign though.
    Not for my chances of doing beta testing.

How many beta keys will be approx given out? Was there any info about this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    How many beta keys will be approx given out? Was there any info about this?
    saw on their twitter. they have not announced how many they will pick for the beta

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta signups were only available for 48 hours, and in that time:

1million signed up, and prob 300k of them are extra emails by people, with more acc's

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty damn insane just for a beta signup.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess they want that last 10k.

From Twitter:
    We're keeping the #GuildWars2w beta sign up page open for just a bit longer! https://beta.guildwars2.com/ ~RB
    If you haven't signed up here's your last chance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    1million signed up, and prob 300k of them are extra emails by people, with more acc's
    why did i only sign up with 1 account

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually with only 1 million signups our chances to get into the beta is higher than I thought. If they allow just a thousand to test it will be 0.1% chance to get in. That is very high odds. Also they would invite more and more so assuming no more signup between atleast the first two weekends its even higher than 0.2%

Deleted
    Thats amazing considering it was only open for 48 hours, pretty exciting times for GW2.

Deleted
    I will never get into this beta.. :/

Deleted
    I think this is a pretty good indication of just how popular GW2 will be. I mean 1 mil sign-ups over a period of 48 hours. That is pretty god damn amazing!

This is obviously a sign that the game is dying, they only got one million sign ups for beta, they needed to hit at least 10 million, the game is already dead, cancel the game, merge servers, fire everybody, start WW3, there's only 4 billion years to go until the earth is roasted by the sun becoming a red giant, take me to your leader.

Sorry I had to get my digs in at the doubters :P

I know this is never gonna happen but maybe since I signed up in the first hour when the beta was announced, I'll get in on the first beta? Yeah I know that's not going to affect my chances at all :'(

Wonder when they'll start sending out the invites, maybe next week already?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    This is a good sign though.
    I agree. I just hope the people who get in aren't like 13 years old. I hope whoever gets in actually TESTS the game instead of just signing up to play it early.