Page 7 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers, as they're always in flux, and that's excluding the fact that this Thief could have done a substantially better job.

Also, I noticed him dodge while he was crippled. How long has that been changed? I keep missing all of these things );
    Crippling in the last press beta didn't prevent dodging. You can see it in multiple videos.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Crippling in the last press beta didn't prevent dodging. You can see it in multiple videos.
    Oh, okay. I thought I was falling behind again, xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'll be doing dual dagger/shortbow instead of dual dagger/dual pistols. The mobility and escaping opportunity from the shortbow is too much to pass up. You can use infiltrators arrow twice, THEN use a shadow step... boom, you are now very far away from your opponent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Looks like I'll be doing dual dagger/shortbow instead of dual dagger/dual pistols. The mobility and escaping opportunity from the shortbow is too much to pass up. You can use infiltrators arrow twice, THEN use a shadow step... boom, you are now very far away from your opponent.
    I am tempted to do the same. But only because shortbow is good aoe. In the wvw I have seen I will want ranged aoe badly.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-27 at 01:00 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Yogscast thief spotlight video is finally up

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice, I'll suffer them for the sake of footage. "Stuffs gonna be harder to kill." No shit, you aren't dodging. Wow, the constantly re stealthing might get really annoying for pve
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-02-27 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Yogscast thief spotlight video is finally up

Those bears are very porely animated.

As for the actual thief, they need to do something about the stealth reset. =\ And I admit it, I lol'd when he killed that bear with barely 2k health left. Well done guys.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-27 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice, I'll suffer them for the sake of footage. "Stuffs gonna be harder to kill." No shit, you aren't dodging. Wow, the constantly re stealthing might get really annoying for pve
    Only until you unlock the other heals that don't stealth you. I will personally want to use the Signet that causes you to gain health by attacking, with the active of regenerating health.

Of course, then I lose the option of using that to forcibly lose aggro, but oh well.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Apparently I missed a big chunk of skills out of this video - when stealthed your first ability changes and I had no idea!
    I read that and I got very sad. ): Maybe TB's video will have them o;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    As for the actual thief, they need to do something about the stealth reset. =\
    While I do agree, it looks like it takes a few seconds for the enemy to actually start regenerating HP. So if you break stealth early, that shouldn't be THAT much of a problem...

But it's still absolutely annoying. It's a persistent world, but wounds aren't persistent?

---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 08:05 PM ----------

So, I was looking at the Thief traits, and found these:

Minor trait:
    Kleptomaniac Stealing gives you initiative.
    Major trait:
    Thrill of the Crime When you steal you and all allies gain might, fury and swiftness.
    Major trait:
    Bountiful Theft When stealing get a 10 second might, swiftness or fury.
    Bonus for each point in that line of traits:
    1% CD reduction on Steal.
    Base CD on Steal:3
    30 seconds.
    Depending on the duration of the three boons applied... my god is that OP. O_O

I can't wait to see the complete list of traits to choose from.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-27 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HarlekinFilx View Post
    There are a few things about this video that bother me -
    1. His damage is loooww. I don't know why, but where he is hitting for 100-200, he's getting hit for 500-600 on a regular basis.
    2. He never switches weapons, which I feel is going to be a vital part to thief PvP.
    Dagger/Dagger is pretty much rely on bleeding for damage. Skill 1 and 3 deals not that much of damages but apply stacks of bleeding. Pistol is more of the direct damage weapon for main hand thief.

Oh, and thief skill 1 also change when he goes into stealth mode too (like dagger change to backstab when stealthed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldril View Post
    Dagger/Dagger is pretty much rely on bleeding for damage. Skill 1 and 3 deals not that much of damages but apply stacks of bleeding. Pistol is more of the direct damage weapon for main hand thief.

Oh, and thief skill 1 also change when he goes into stealth mode too (like dagger change to backstab when stealthed).
    Suddenly getting more Condition damage/duration is more appealing. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    - snip -
    Base CD on Steal
    The base CD (as of the Press Beta) is 45, actually. The Wiki is wrong.

http://youtu.be/aqnvO3NTXHM?t=2m

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    The base CD (as of the Press Beta) is 45, actually. The Wiki is wrong.

http://youtu.be/aqnvO3NTXHM?t=2m
    Oh. Still not that bad.

You put 30 points into Trickery to get to the max amount of Traits in that line (and it's possible you can keep adding points there if you want, but that would be a waste anyways as you miss out on other Traits), which results in 30% reduced cooldown. Essentially back to 30 seconds (31.5 to be precise).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm worried thieves are gonna be verryyyy squishy. Every video I see of one they get romped big time.

I'm worried thieves are gonna be verryyyy squishy. Every video I see of one they get romped big time.
    Looks like you just need to play the class correctly, not how most videos show it. They have a lot of abilities that weave in and out of attack range, go around to the back of the target, and shadow step to and from spots. Thieves just look like a profession that needs to keep moving and going in and out of stealth and use the abilities ot their fullest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Looks like you just need to play the class correctly, not how most videos show it. They have a lot of abilities that weave in and out of attack range, go around to the back of the target, and shadow step to and from spots. Thieves just look like a profession that needs to keep moving and going in and out of stealth and use the abilities ot their fullest.
    This, plus dodging.

Thiefs are far from being squishy. Here's a good thief playing :

Thieves have the lowest health in the game, at least they have medium armor. Also that video is a mesmer.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Thieves have the lowest health in the game, at least they have medium armor. Also that video is a mesmer.
    Watch it. First fight is against a thief.