Combustion Time ?!?

Hi dudes!!!

I have been studying about Fire Mage Rotation and Priority, and i have some doubts about the combustion time. I read a lot about fire mage at this fórum, that helped me to become my dps higher. bellow my info. If you can find something wrong i would like to know. thanks!

Armory: us battle net/wow/pt/character/nemesis/Porkera/simple
    Logs: www worldoflogs com/reports/rt-9ar0cfyirq1r6jj3/ - Morchock to Hagara - Morchok - H
    Logs: www worldoflogs com/reports/0un1tnu4uxkn6we5/ - Ultraxion to Madness - Ultraxion - H

Now i would like to ask your help, to improve my DPS. knowing the best time to do the first combustion on each fight on DS. Like bellow, i saw on a video and i doing like that.

ULTRAXION - H
    DBM on 5 sec to PULL
    1-Pottion
    2-Mirror
    3-Pyroblast
    4-BL
    5-Orb
    6-LB
    7-Fireball

Spam fireball until to take a good ingnite, at this point i check my potion buff, enchant, trinkes and cape to use combustion with all of them up. After this i will use combustion always its UP and with good ingnite.

The other bosses i have doubts, like on Zon'ozz, wait to dark fase or use as fast i can?

Thank you for your help. A great hug!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your Living Bomb uptime was atrocious. Did you have 5000 latency or something? Also, try weaving in a scorch + fire blast if you don't have enough time to cast a last fireball before Fading Light wears off or Hour of Twilight finishes casting.

Is my understanding wrong here:

I thought that once your ignite is ticking, no CD would increase the amount of the tick used for the combustion calculation. I can see haste affecting the number of ticks, but not the ignite tick damage.
    In short (too late): once ignite ticks, you're stuck with it

Quote Originally Posted by NeerDeth View Post

I thought that once your ignite is ticking, no CD would increase the amount of the tick used for the combustion calculation. I can see haste affecting the number of ticks, but not the ignite tick damage.
    i remeber reading from combustion helper that a proc or any increase to spell power also increases your combustion damage.

(i can't log on the game now, i guess simply try comparing two combustion dmgs with similar ignites... on your second try, take off ur weapon right before you hit combustion, you should see a big drop of combustion dmg)
    Last edited by ainsophaur; 2012-02-28 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by porkera View Post
    ULTRAXION - H
    DBM on 5 sec to PULL
    1-Pottion
    2-Mirror
    3-Pyroblast
    Just a small piece of advice.
    Pop mirrors before potting. It will give you slightly more time with 1386 additional int since pot is not on the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by NeerDeth View Post

This player is correct. Changes in combat ratings after the application of combustion will not do anything. Furthermore, spell power/intellect have no bearing at all on your combust.

Mastery and Spell Power both affect combustion damage, albeit minimally compared to the size of ignite.

A mod i use on my mage is combustion helper ( can be found at curse ) it helps you track when you have all your dots on the target and when you should use combustion if you dont have it i would say go get it its a very handy addon for fire

From what I've been reading there are two important factors with Combustion, the Ignite and the number of ticks. The rest barely make a difference. Why doesn't Combustion Helper track the number.

Deleted
    The major part of combustion damage is done by the ignite currently ticking and your haste rating at the moment of casting, then you can up it by having lb and pyro dot on your target with the highest possible spellpower and mastery.

Guys, im really grateful for you help, but the answers aren't helping me. Our friend above, says that my LB up time is ridiculous, and i have to cast Fire Blast or Scorch before Fading Light or Hour of Twilight finish casting, because fireball casting time is too long. I will check it out. However, there are something more i need to check? What about that sequency i said? What about Combustion time on other bosses?

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by porkera View Post
    What about Combustion time on other bosses?
    On some bosses i tend to hold off Combustion untill i see a nice big jucy crit.

Morchock - combust when i get a big crit
    Yorsahj - tricky since you MIGHT get a black ooze and want to save combustion for those adds.
    Zonozz - normally save it for the black phase, UNLESS i see a REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY big crit.
    Hagara - combust after a phase when she takes more damage.
    Ultraxion - when i see a big crit.
    Ship - when i see a nice crit that is worth combusting and maybe spreading on the 2 adds on the floor, the big drake and ofc the boss.
    Spine - combust on those adds which i cant remember the name of - the ones that you get after a nuclear explosion holding the plate.
    DW - combust on tentacles so they die fast, dont waste it on hemmo since those adds die very very fast.

Thats how i do it - i dont raid hardcore anymore so i dont min/max as much as i could, and it might not be super duper optimal, but im mostly in top 3 (10m).