Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wink Beta confirmed for the end of March

With over a million folks signing up for the Guild Wars 2 closed beta, NCSoft and Arena.Net have announced that the next closed beta event will take place at the end of March.
    Can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is already in pretty heavy discussion in the "Beta emails this week i hope" thread.

Deleted
    Didn't sign up, i'll wait for open beta or something

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop making new threads. Check for an existing one, especially since they are on the front page, before making a new one. FFS, there are 2 locked threads on this very subject on the first page still!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just sticky it Edge, lol

Not going to sticky it. If we stickied everything that deserved a sticky, the entire front page would be just stickies. There are enough of them as it is.

And this is the, "original" thread. The other beta e-mail thread is now kinda discussing this, but there's no harm in a having an easy to find thread about this.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Just sticky it Edge, lol
    Plus, lets face it Mif, only a hand full of people here read stickies.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    I was being sarcastic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I was being sarcastic
    Sarcasm have been banned from the internet, didnt you know?

I wake up and see this...it saddens me. A month is so far away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I wake up and see this...it saddens me. A month is so far away
    at least we have ME3 and SSX tricky
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

It's sad indeed, but that just gives them more time to add more polish. That way once more people get their hands on it, the news about it will be that much better.

Deleted
    Lets see, first CB late marche. Assuming there won't be and other (couple) of CB, that still leaves Open Beta and probably a stress test too. I can't see the game being released anytime before late june.
    I also can see it being pushed back a little to give it more breath from wow's MoP release (which i think should be around that time too, probably a bit sonner)

Twitter said this too, for those who may want another source of confirmation.

Hi folks, just to confirm, the sign ups last week are for a chance at the next (end of march) and following beta events for #GuildWars2 ~AT
    This also mentions following beta events, so it may be safe to assume there will be several CB events and hopefully (more speculative) an open beta event afterwards.

Very bad news. It's makes me sad waiting so long.

My Aion account got renewed for that 2 week 'Call to arms?' promotion. That, Skyrim, LoL, and Minecraft will hold me off until March, longer if I'm unlucky with beta invites.

On Topic; I was hoping/thinking ealry march, not late. Slightly dissapointing, yet awesome news. Still just as hyped

Calm down people, I'm sure Anet has perfectly good reasons to announce a late march beta. Things take time to finish and I'm sure they are implementing the feedback they got from the press beta. They want to minimize the amount of double feedback so they want to change what they can now before running new tests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Didn't sign up, i'll wait for open beta or something
    There is no such thing as "open" beta in GW2. At least not as in everyone will be able to able if they choose to.

Deleted
    So, any of you guys that has any idea what that means in terms of release date? I have no clue, but I remember some people that had very good estimations for things like the wow expansion (I know, it's another game etc). Will there be an open beta like WoW had? will the closed beta be followed by many more closed beta's?

Anyone got a hunch?

Well it's pretty good news guys.

They said multiple closed beta's, this means if you didn't got a mail for the first one, you might get one in the week after. More chance for everyone