Runestaff Vs. Rathrak the poisonous mind

Hello

I looked around on the forums and i couldnt find an answer.

So i got my Runestaff of nordrassil today (yay), and i currently have Rathrak the poisonous mind normal+ dragonfore orb.

EJ says that for a warlock the bis weapon is the staff from Hagaraa, and rune staff is the same stats as the hagara staff except a bit weaker.

i will lose 294 int if i switch from the dagger to the staff, but gain haste and other stats from reforging.

so my question is, should i use the runestaff or stay with the dagger/OH ?

thank you for your help in advance.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Go with Rathrak and the off hand 294int is a lot to lose for secondary stats. I seriously doubt you would gain enough to make up the diff.

On a related note, the EJ normal mode BiS list is incorrect. Even with a 378 offhand, normal Rathrak is better than the hagara staff. On that note, yes, Rathrak+Dragonfire Orb would be your best choice. Don't discount the massive spellpower Rathrak has over runestaff and lightning rod, or the offhand stats that you get as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    On a related note, the EJ normal mode BiS list is incorrect. Even with a 378 offhand, normal Rathrak is better than the hagara staff. On that note, yes, Rathrak+Dragonfire Orb would be your best choice. Don't discount the massive spellpower Rathrak has over runestaff and lightning rod, or the offhand stats that you get as well.
    Just wondering, what if LR allows you to reach the hitcap while Ratthrak + DO does'nt. I think this pretty much is the case for me, I'm having to use both BW+DMC-V reforged to hit (thats with every non-hit piece reforged to hit aswell) instead of WoU and IotCM.

sim it if you're in the rare situation with gear at this point in the xpac where you are unable to reach the hit cap >_>

and don't forget you can even drop to the 378 offhand from heroics that has haste/hit to help and it will still be better as long as you can use the hit. but sim it to be sure :P
    Last edited by gakpad; 2012-02-28 at 03:21 AM.

thanks for the replies, i think its better to stick with rathrak atm.
    Be feared, or be fuel