Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    I don't really think they mean servers as in worlds, shards, realms or what kind of names these 'servers' have. I think he mean more like, as said, servers like in FPS games, you create a PvP match with your own rules.

We can make our own Battle of Kyhlo, instead of 500 resources, we can choose up to 2000. It's up to 10vs10, but we can choose 4vs4 instead if we want. Only Mesmers may join, or only Guardians, or random professions may join, or if we want to we can ban certian professions for that match. We can put up passwords on them as well, if we only want our friends to join.

And such.
    Ahhh ok, maybe. Yes, it make sense.

But I really hope we can host a complete world with custom rules

---------- Post added 2012-02-28 at 03:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    I meant the person who wants a private server would have to pay for the server, not that everyone who wants to play on it has to pay. It's like paying for your website, you gotta pay for the actual webhosting right?
    Yeah it's true, I really don't know how it's managed. Maybe we will see some kind of premium membership.

2. In PvP you are always scaled to max level even with a brand new char you will be level 80 but you will obviously have worse gear and be missing some abilities.
    Nope, in PvP you are max level with all abilities and armor unlocked and available to you, even at level 2.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Nope, in PvP you are max level with all abilities and armor unlocked and available to you, even at level 2.
    Believe that is only in normal BG environment PvP, WvW is different I think.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Not in WvW. Your leveled up but 80's with level 80 gear will have an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    I'm a bit sad about this, I enjoy random fights out in the middle of nowhere. I do not understand how this is greifing, If someone plays on a pvp server they should expect or even want it, if they don't that's what pve servers are for.
    What is there to be sad about? If you want "open world" PvP just go into WvWvW, but with dynamic events greifing would be a bad thing to happen, hell its bad enough in WoW with the Dbags that kill all the level 10-25 quest givers on spawn for hours straight so that no on who plays at night can do any quests ever (pre cata).

WvWvW will be what your looking for, there will be people in there just doing the PvE parts of it to help unlock siege weapons and what not for their world and you can have random encounters with them.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Wont this bring trouble for PvE ?

I mean, the exact reason WoW was getting expansions and more levels was because they pushed the instances to the max in therms of difficulty. There comes a point where you just cant make it more difficult because the limit has been reached.

How will they handle that? Add more levels or eventually add stronger gear?

Im NOT a troll!
    Umm wow this is such screwed up thinking... Boss A has 10k health and you do 10dps, boss B has 100K health and you do 100dps, a stat treadmill does not "allow harder difficulty", it just forces grinding of A before doing B. Seeing as you said "Im NOT a troll" I am guessing you are since most non theifts when they walk into a store don't announce to the clerk "I am not a theift". But either way wither you are or aren't stat treadmills to enforce grinding to enforce longer sub times does not make PvE easier or harder, its there purely to force someone to do the same thing for 2 months straight before they can do what they wanted to in the first place so they spend $30 more then if they just had access to in the first place.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2012-02-28 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    PvP. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP
    Player versus Player (PvP) is a game mode where a player participates in competitive gaming (as opposed to co-operative).
    The following PvP modes have been confirmed to be appearing in Guild Wars 2 so far:

• Structured PvP
    • World PvP
    • Some activities are free for all or team based PvP.

Dueling is not going to be included in the initial release but may be added later.

Players will be able to create and host their own servers or games with specific rule-sets.

Structured PvP. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP
    Structured PvP is a Player versus Player mode which allows competition on an even footing. There are two primary modes of play; tournament and hot join play.

A character used to enter structured PvP will retain race and profession. The character will be given a fixed maximum level, and all skills and items will be available without the need to unlock them first. Player statistics will be tracked and used to generate a player ranking.

Contrary to World PvP, structured PvP doesn't grant rewards usable in PvE. On the other hand, players can earn glory and use it to buy better looking equipment.

There are several different maps for structured PvP which may have different objectives, though the only objective which will be in release is conquest.

World PvP. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_PvP
    World versus World (also known as WvW, WvWvW, World PvP, and Casual PvP) is a Player versus Player game mode where three servers, or worlds, are matched against each other to compete for rewards and resources that can potentially benefit their respective server. Matches are held on random, large-scale maps that allow hundreds of players of all levels to participate at any time.

World PvP is intended as a casual form of PvP, designed to be a more relaxed bridging point between PvE and structured PvP. The idea is that players of any level or PvP experience can not only participate, but make an impact with how they play.

It will be accessible to characters almost immediately from character creation. However, players joining World PvP enter with their current equipment and skills and their level is increased to level 80 automatically through sidekicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Try Aion or other asian mmo's where the drop rate on the best gear is so small, it might take months or even years before you get it or the full set.
    Not to mention most of the best gear is crafted and there's a pretty heavy failure rate on crafted gear.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but one of the primary reasons that traditional "open world" pvp can't exist in GW2 is because all PCs are on the same faction. The only way open world pvp would work would be either through a flagging system, race vs race, or free-for-all. All of which don't further ANet's design goal of a more cooperative game.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Wont this bring trouble for PvE ?

I mean, the exact reason WoW was getting expansions and more levels was because they pushed the instances to the max in therms of difficulty. There comes a point where you just cant make it more difficult because the limit has been reached.

How will they handle that? Add more levels or eventually add stronger gear?

Im NOT a troll!
    Things don't become magically easier over time, they become easier due to skill balance or gear inflation. Guild Wars has the power to make your characters weaker via environmental effects or sidekicking.

World of Warcraft didn't release expansions for fixing the inflation, they released them to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Not to mention most of the best gear is crafted and there's a pretty heavy failure rate on crafted gear.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but one of the primary reasons that traditional "open world" pvp can't exist in GW2 is because all PCs are on the same faction. The only way open world pvp would work would be either through a flagging system, race vs race, or free-for-all. All of which don't further ANet's design goal of a more cooperative game.
    The game only reaches 500k at its peak and quickly tumbled down. There is absolutely no possible way that every single player on this forum experienced it.

They are just agreeing along with the crowd or what they say from videos, because if they weren't it would simply mean the majority of the forum is near their 30's. (Because if not, you'd be like 6-10 when you started playing the game)

But it seems to be a complete godsend to people, simply because only two forms of PvP really exist. The rated pvp which 90% of the people can't really play because they don't like losing a lot and battlegrounds.
    Last edited by Deyadissa; 2012-02-28 at 07:03 PM.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)