Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Destruction Burst Damage

I was just wondering what people thoughts are on burst damage with Destruction. What would be the best 'burst rotation' for a 10-15 second window?

Destro burst is mediocre at best in my opinion.

For stuff like burning Sons of Flame I go with Shadowfury, Shadowflame, Bane of Agony, Corruption and spam Fel Flame.
    I'll also try to have a SB Soul Fire ready.

Would be interested to know other combos too.

Quote Originally Posted by andr0id View Post
    Would be interested to know other combos too.
    Immolate everything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Immolate everything
    And spam Conflagerate until someone gets a stroke!

Are we talking about burst or....I'm confused X_X

OP asked about burst, which is basically just your standard rotation minus a bane (honestly underwhelming).

Android talked about Sons of Flame and then asked about combos. Idk what a combo is outside of a fighting game, I suggested moar Immolate

And that's where we are, 5 posts into this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by LgndaryLiam View Post
    I was just wondering what people thoughts are on burst damage with Destruction. What would be the best 'burst rotation' for a 10-15 second window?
    It's lame dude, expect to get benched on spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    For Spine you should probably just go Demo if you don't want to get sat, and even then ><
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Immolate>SB Soulfire> Conflag> Incx3>chaos bolt

If you have a good 30-60 second window, you can really manage a nice rotation on a mob. Bane, DS->SF, Immolate, Conflag, Chaos Bolt, and then Incin a few times. If the Arcane Mage, Hunter, SPriest, Boomkin, or Elemental Shaman hasn't 1 or 2 shot it before then, you can really do some stable damage!

(unless the Mage combusted, because then it's not even worth bothering)

(Warlocks have no burst spec. It ranges from bad [destro] to worse [demo] to worst in the game [afflic]. Don't even try.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    THIS ^^^^

And it's so nice to know that Blizz is standing by their "Bring the player, not the class" policy by designing fights that have raid leaders all throughout the game benching locks and stacking warriors and mages. Thanks, Blizz. One more nail in the warlock coffin.

Deleted
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Probably should have mentioned that those '10-15 second windows' related to tentacles on Zon'ozz Heroic and possibly Ice Shards on Hagara Heroic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlocke View Post
    THIS ^^^^

And it's so nice to know that Blizz is standing by their "Bring the player, not the class" policy by designing fights that have raid leaders all throughout the game benching locks and stacking warriors and mages. Thanks, Blizz. One more nail in the warlock coffin.
    Funny, they nerf Spine purely because it encouraged class stacking and everyone cries "OMG WTF WHY NERF IT OMG CATERING TO CASUALS"
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfariessence View Post
    (Warlocks have no burst spec. It ranges from bad [destro] to worse [demo] to worst in the game [afflic]. Don't even try.)
    Affliction is not, never has been, Never will be about burst.
    Demo is more about your pet doing high damage,
    Desto is meant to be the Burst spec, but it fails.

Warlock Bust damage wenrt down hill rapidly when incirate was introduced, prior to that we (when specced 0/21/40) where the best burst class in game and I would go as far as saying better than arcane mages are now.

0/21/40 was a horridly boring spec, devoid of all imagination and pleasure, other than damage meter whoring. Destruction was better (and better balanced) in Ulduar, especially on fights like Hodir.

For fights like Zon'ozz, don't expect much. While it's hard to really show on meters, the best warlock in the world will likely do 50%-75% as much damage to the tentacles as a mage of just about any flavor. The best way to leverage a warlock is if you've got an abundance of range (and no rogues) let them BoH the Claw and dps on Zon'ozz during the weakened phase.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Probably should have mentioned that those '10-15 second windows' related to tentacles on Zon'ozz Heroic and possibly Ice Shards on Hagara Heroic.
    The best you can do on warlord is tab immolate and continue with your normal rotation on the tentacles, make sure to stop once or twice and check if you're still awake though. Same with hagara, BoH one ice shard, and then just use the standard rotation on another.
    Last edited by Cyner; 2012-02-29 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Autocorrect wrote testicles instead of tentacles, oops
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    The best you can do on warlord is tab immolate and continue with your normal rotation on the tentacles, make sure to stop once or twice and check if you're still awake though. Same with hagara, BoH one ice shard, and then just use the standard rotation on another.
    You don't cast corruption when you multi dot? O.o am i doing it wrong?

Depends on the fight , if you can stand stil then ds + trinkets, soulburn soufire(given that u have 4piece) immolate, confrag ,incin x 3 and a chaos bolt then repeat from immolate, if you have to move well then immolate + curruption + fel flame + confragrate + shadowflame or you could just run and spam fel flame

Apart from morchok... destruction is underpower compare to just about every other dps class evan hybrids. As for affliction.... Warlord Zon'ozz and blackthorn and MAYBE Hagara but that all depends on how your dps is on the frozen phase, I run with a 3 melee group so being affliction JUST for the frozen phase and multi dotting acctually shaves off 5+ seconds of the phase.

Hopefully Burning ember's will fix the dps altho I haven't got the excate multipliers of the new abilitys they do need abit more than (SP/3.5).

Edit: I only raid heroic so morchok hc is beautiful when his clone is up.. 398 ilvl atm and 39k dps as destru is decent for morchok personally (highest in guild for this bos).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabetank View Post
    Edit: I only raid heroic so morchok hc is beautiful when his clone is up.. 398 ilvl atm and 39k dps as destru is decent for morchok personally (highest in guild for this bos).
    I keep wondering about this. Is this due to Bane of Havoc? I mean, in our raid the clone is too far away for Havoc to be useful.