10+ Year Old Account

Movement Speed Stacking

Have we gotten any information yet on how movement speed bonuses/penalties will interact?

Example:
    Elementalist that traits Windborne Speed (move 15% faster with daggers) and slots Signet of Air (passively increase movement 10%).
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Have we gotten any information yet on how movement speed bonuses/penalties will interact?

Example:
    Elementalist that traits Windborne Speed (move 15% faster with daggers) and slots Signet of Air (passively increase movement 10%).
    in GW1 speed stacked up to a cap of 25%, a single speed increase can go past that tho

so maybe something like that?
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm. If they have a cap like that, it suggests that no matter what, having both puts me to 125%. Which seriously sounds boring. (maybe that's why we have so many leap skills?)

I wonder how it would all work together if I was crippled, though...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Hrm. If they have a cap like that, it suggests that no matter what, having both puts me to 125%. Which seriously sounds boring.

Off with the legs!
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm. If they have a cap like that, it suggests that no matter what, having both puts me to 125%. Which seriously sounds boring. (maybe that's why we have so many leap skills?)

if you had a speed increase of +15% and a second +15% you'd be at 125%, if you were crippled you'd be at 65% 130%*50%
    The Original Ganksta

What's the movement speed in water?

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    What's the movement speed in water?
    Same speed (if not a little more) on land. They know no body likes going slower in water, and with their underwater combat and such, they didn't want to make it a struggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    if you had a speed increase of +15% and a second +15% you'd be at 125%, if you were crippled you'd be at 65% 130%*50%
    So you're thinking boosts will be additive and penalties will be multiplicative? (Not that there's more than cripple)

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Same speed (if not a little more) on land. They know no body likes going slower in water, and with their underwater combat and such, they didn't want to make it a struggle.
    Yeah, I wasn't really afraid it would be slower due to their water combat thingy.
    It might actually be better to go through water! Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't really afraid it would be slower due to their water combat thingy.
    It might actually be better to go through water! Nice.
    Keep on swimming keep on swimming

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're thinking boosts will be additive and penalties will be multiplicative? (Not that there's more than cripple)
    the way i recall it working is bonuses were additive and cripple (and binding chains/pacificism) were a cut to your current movement, the most powerful only taking effect so yes
    The Original Ganksta

Speed cap was 33%, so if you had 2 +15% (from some magical skill?) You'd be at +30%

if you got crippled by a hex and got a 66% speed reduction, the +30% would be negated first, then it would cripple your main speed.

So you would be at -36% with 2 +15 buffs and one -66%

Reductions in Guild Wars capped at 50% speed, but if you had a skill that bypassed it would go over the cap and ignore the rest.

It works the same in Guild Wars 2.
    Last edited by Deyadissa; 2012-02-29 at 07:12 AM.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Speed cap was 33%, so if you had 2 +15% (from some magical skill?) You'd be at +30%

if you got crippled by a hex and got a 66% speed reduction, the +30% would be negated first, then it would cripple your main speed.

Reductions in Guild Wars capped at 50% speed, but if you had a skill that bypassed it would go over the cap and ignore the rest.

...ok that
    The Original Ganksta

in GW1 speed stacked up to a cap of 25%, a single speed increase can go past that tho

so maybe something like that?
    IAS & IMS were both capped at 33% with the few exceptions of IMS skills such as Dash, Burning Speed, Pious Haste, etc.

50% was the absolute cap for IMS I believe

edit; didn't read far enough I was too slow.. derp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellsword View Post
    IAS & IMS were both capped at 33% with the few exceptions of IMS skills such as Dash, Burning Speed, Pious Haste, etc.

50% was the absolute cap for IMS I believe

edit; didn't read far enough I was too slow.. derp
    yea well its been a few years since i really had to know how speed stacking worked :|
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post

Oh. I see.

At least then I can't get too much movespeed from my passive stuff then!

I believe it was said somewhere that effects do not stack, but durations do. So like a reapplied boon wont stack if a previous version of itself in terms of percentage stats increase or something similar, but in duration. So a 5 seconds remaining swiftness, reapplied by a 15 seconds swiftness will end up at a total of 20 seconds. Now i could be totally wrong, since i don't remember where i read that and i don't know if it was legit information to begin with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoris View Post
    I believe it was said somewhere that effects do not stack, but durations do. So like a reapplied boon wont stack if a previous version of itself in terms of percentage stats increase or something similar, but in duration. So a 5 seconds remaining swiftness, reapplied by a 15 seconds swiftness will end up at a total of 20 seconds. Now i could be totally wrong, since i don't remember where i read that and i don't know if it was legit information to begin with
    I am not talking about boons.

I've been wondering about stacking speed myself. My necromancer will move quicker while using a dagger, and I'm wondering if the swift boon from Locust Swarm will boost me to 133% of my normal speed, or 133% of my increased speed.