Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    !

Time to buy a new screen!
    And two new video cards to go with it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Looking good on low settings is not a good thing, because it doesn't make a huge difference in performance. It should look bad, because at that point you're trying to get performance over graphics.

I am disappointed with the performance, the computer he used is well worth over $700 without peripherals and hardrives and it is noticeably struggling even on the lowest settings.
    Well the engine hasn't been optimised yet, they have said this on a number of times.

The water reflections look awesome and im happy with how the game looks even on low settings, WTB!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Well the engine hasn't been optimised yet, they have said this on a number of times.

The water reflections look awesome and im happy with how the game looks even on low settings, WTB!
    Devs say allot of things
    So far they hold true to all their statements so im sure it'll be fine. I do agree however that a game should ideally look BAD when on low settings and great on high settings to make sure it runs smooth for everyone.

OT: this looks amazing. Hope i can get into beta to see if i can run this game on my current 5 y/o PC, coz if i can't i need to get a new killer PC :P
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Engine looks cool. Also settings changing on the fly is very good thing. Not that I'n concerned about reloading game, but if you can tweak it right in the center of battle it is always nice to have =)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Note that as they said, HD textures don't seem to be fully in the game yet. And that's kinda big.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 01:13 PM ----------

Looking good on low settings is not a good thing, because it doesn't make a huge difference in performance. It should look bad, because at that point you're trying to get performance over graphics.

I am disappointed with the performance, the computer he used is well worth over $700 without peripherals and hardrives and it is noticeably struggling even on the lowest settings.
    Don't worry, in the beta of a game, everything performs badly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    And two new video cards to go with it
    Already have dual Radeon 6950s supporting 3D, so that's covered. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Note that as they said, HD textures don't seem to be fully in the game yet. And that's kinda big.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 01:13 PM ----------

Don't worry, in the beta of a game, everything performs badly.

The only thing that limits graphics in beta is things being cut out, which makes the graphics worse (and look better in release) OR the debugging client that runs in the background which could possibly take up to 20% performance.

You can't just magically make things run better and keep using beta as an excuse, it's not that simple.
    Last edited by Deyadissa; 2012-02-29 at 01:23 PM.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

it'll be a real travesty to play this game on anything but max settings. those reflections are just gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Anet should give some other developers design lessons.
    I can honestly see GW2 becoming the new standard in the MMO industry, for a lot of reasons. Might be interesting to see how Blizzard changes Wow in the future, based on what Anet does with GW2.

Deleted
    The only thing that limits graphics in beta is things being cut out, which makes the graphics worse (and look better in release) OR the debugging client that runs in the background which could possibly take up to 20% performance.

You can't just magically make things run better and keep using beta as an excuse, it's not that simple.
    Well, it is known that GW2 doesn't "like" ATI cards. For example gtx460 is enough for highest settings (except WvWvW ;p). Before this beta it didn't even like AMD processors - so it's a progress ;]. Being a developer myself I know there is A LOT of ways to make the app run faster, problem is to make it run equally on wide range of hardware. Seeing as they are solving issues with every new build I'm confident that final product will be made of quality.

As for HD textures, it's hard to tell. We should wait till the next beta event, if they are not included in the game by then - speculations can proceed.

Deleted
    ive got a 6950 2gb, can i run full graphics or should i buy another one and CF? what's your guess?

Damn that was a great video. And I'm loving that you can change the setting on the fly (best used during heavy performance events like WvW).
    I'm still thinking about it...