Page 7 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Sword/Pistol clones have Pistol/Pistol
    The clone or the phantasm? The phantasm spawned from "Illusionary Duelist" (I think that's the name), a pistol offhand ability, is supposed to have 2 pistols. Phantasms are ethereal and easy to spot anyways (more for damage or defense, not mind fuckery). But if it was a clone, then that is bad ... but beta is beta

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Just added in some huge changes to my OP - Additional links, Mesmer artowrk, spell edits, article rearranging, ect...

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    *cracks knuckles* We gonna have a problem? >3
    Yes.....yes we are. *Puts on rape shoes*

EDIT: Ops, I didn't see the 'please pm' part.
    I'm paying attention to the thread very closely, so it doesn't matter either way.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-02-27 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Just added in some huge changes to my OP - Additional links, Mesmer artowrk, spell edits, article rearranging, ect...

I'm paying attention to the thread very closely, so it doesn't matter either way.
    Seems like we actually have a discussion thread now ;D I just wish they would have more info on mesmer abilities so I can start building mine. >>

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like we actually have a discussion thread now ;D I just wish they would have more info on mesmer abilities so I can start building mine. >>
    I blame thieves for no apparent reason .
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-02-28 at 08:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    D:

So much for friendly duels.
    (besides, I'd rather have Mesmers on my side than working against them)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2tools.com/calc/#t-m-aS...aa.aaa.XZa.WZb

^ My Mesmer trait calculator. I originally tried to go for a more Illusion/Phantasm heavy build, but I ended up with a more Shattering-heavy spec ^.^.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en

Is updated for Traits and mesmer.

http://www.gw2tools.com/calc/#t-m-ka...aa.XeW.aaa.Yba

I don't know if signet of domination is worth it or If I would need decoy. This is for PvP btw.

Hows my traits?
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-01 at 12:58 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

You like illusions I see. I want to depend less on them if possible, and for that some work needs to be done for our traits.

It's a great distraction combined with blink (do quick camera turn and blink), they won't even know who's who. I'm still not sold on portals though with their 1 minute duration, and If mantra doesn't heal for a shit ton ether feast will be better.

I also found out like 30 minutes ago the ether bolt chain makes a clone, which was a plus for me.

I ignored inspiration and dueling traits because they really... sucked for this build. Illusions and domination wasn't that great either but better.

Now the question is, when you shatter illusions are they technically killed or just shattered?
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-01 at 01:47 AM.

Ah, I was wondering the same thing.

Shattered I believe, they need to be killed by other played for those traits to have an effect. That's my assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Ah, I was wondering the same thing.

Shattered I believe, they need to be killed by other played for those traits to have an effect. That's my assumption.
    It would be nice if it did though, since I would be shattering a lot thanks to my over surplus of clones I'll be producing.

I can't see a use for the chaos storm when you take fall damage. Unless in WvWvW you decided to commit suicide and jump off the castle ledge into a pit of players, but just wield a staff for that....

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It would be nice if it did though, since I would be shattering a lot thanks to my over surplus of clones I'll be producing.

I can't see a use for the chaos storm when you take fall damage. Unless in WvWvW you decided to commit suicide and jump off the castle ledge into a pit of players, but just wield a staff for that....
    Yeah, it's awful. I'm hoping to see some more fun traits being added when beta takes full swing.

There were a couple of them a liked and wanted to have (Greatsword Training, Prismatic Understanding, Duelist's Discipline) and the rest are kinda meh to me, and put the points mostly for the passives.

Hmm... What is good second weapon set for sword/sword...? Something that perhaps can have overlapping traits. I'll link a build when I am finished playing with this.

Note: I am talking in terms of PvP for the moment.

Hm...

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...bsbvc3c8cicsd6
    Last edited by Searsha; 2012-03-01 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Necros get something similar, but with a plague cloud.

It's one of those "WTF?" traits.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Any input on my build? I really don't have any idea if it is any good. Sword/sword for melee combat (with Distortion to help counter other melee/Mirror to help with ranged classes). I can switch to Greatsword for ranged damage (with Blink to help gain distance). I choose the invisibility elite because it seemed especially useful for a more melee oriented build.

With sword/sword being somewhat illusion heavy, I picked up some illusion-enhancing traits and took Mirror Images. I took the traits to improve both of my weapon sets, and Distortion. And finally Prismatic Understanding, because I assume it affects my elite.
    Last edited by Searsha; 2012-03-01 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Necros get something similar, but with a plague cloud.

It's one of those "WTF?" traits.
    I suppose they have their use when fighting enemies with Launch effects?

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    Any input on my build? I really don't have any idea if it is any good. Sword/sword for melee combat (with Distortion to help counter other melee/Mirror to help with ranged classes). I can switch to Greatsword for ranged damage (with Blink to help gain distance). I choose the invisibility elite because it seemed especially useful for a more melee oriented build.

With sword/sword being somewhat illusion heavy, I picked up some illusion-enhancing traits (as well as the speed buff for each illusion you have) and took Mirror Images. I took the traits to improve both of my weapon sets, and Distortion. And finally Prismatic Understanding, because I assume it affects my elite.
    Yeah I'm still not completely bought on the traits that enhance the Mesmer based on how many illusions are out. From what we can see of the Mesmer, he/she should be immediately shattering his/her illusions once they get to their illusion cap. Especially in a pvp situation where I'd imagine more experienced players would ignore a Mesmer's illusions, and go straight for the Mesmer.

But anyways, since you're build seems to be lacking some range, I'd recommend a Staff, unless you want to put more emphasis on your clones. In which case I would go scepter/pistol. That is if you intend to keep your earlier sword/sword set from earlier as well.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-03-01 at 03:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With sword/sword being somewhat illusion heavy, I picked up some illusion-enhancing traits and took Mirror Images.
    I believe that grabbing Mirror Images if a weapon set is already illusion heavy on it's own... is a little redundant. You might benefit more from something else?

I had just figured they would benefit from my illusion traits, and plus it seemed like a cool ability. However, you're right. It probably is redundant, especially with the illusion cap.

I replaced it with portal for added mobility (not sure how good it is in practice) and changed up my traits.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...bsbvc3c8cicsd6

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Greatsword a ranged weapon?
    Would more so say it's a mid-range weapon. It's a pretty well-rounded weapon, which is what makes it so great.