Page 8 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more I look at the mesmer the more I'm interested in it.

I made a build here
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...fabvc3c8cgcsd1

Take a look at my trait choice specifically. I think it would be pretty effective for a lot of situations.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    The more I look at the mesmer the more I'm interested in it.

I made a build here
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...fabvc3c8cgcsd1

Take a look at my trait choice specifically. I think it would be pretty effective for a lot of situations.
    You should get something that compliments the sword/sword style. In this case something that adds confusion (because you will be in melee) or something that adds boons. I would suggest adding a staff, you can kite people into chaos storm and chaos orb jumps around to allies and foes in large groups. Though if you are looking for bang for your buck and a range I would go with scepter/torch. Scepter has some nice anti melee options (which will be your problem as melee) and torch has blindness and invisibility.

As for traits 10 in domination and 15 in inspiration seems relatively lackluster. 50% cripple is nice but will you really need it over something else?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You should get something that compliments the sword/sword style. In this case something that adds confusion (because you will be in melee) or something that adds boons. I would suggest adding a staff, you can kite people into chaos storm and chaos orb jumps around to allies and foes in large groups. Though if you are looking for bang for your buck and a range I would go with scepter/torch. Scepter has some nice anti melee options (which will be your problem as melee) and torch has blindness and invisibility.

As for traits 10 in domination and 15 in inspiration seems relatively lackluster. 50% cripple is nice but will you really need it over something else?
    What I was going for was a mobile melee/illusion build.

I chose 2-handed sword instead of staff because I would then have to split my focus in the trait lines. The 2-handed sword does more damage than the staff does and is a ranged option.

As for anti-melee, Distortion, Riposte, and Illusionary Wave help with that, as well as the cripple from killing clones.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about Sword/Sword is that it will VERY quickly summon the max number of illusions. Getting more utility to summon more illusions just seems redundant to me, especially since the sword skills that summon illusions are on very short cooldowns (while utilities tend to be like 45 seconds or so).
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The thing about Sword/Sword is that it will VERY quickly summon the max number of illusions. Getting more utility to summon more illusions just seems redundant to me.
    Summon quickly, shatter them, summon more. With their low heal pool, they die really quickly as well.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Summon quickly, shatter them, summon more.
    That'll only work once every 45 seconds with his build. I still maintain that he would benefit more from other utility. :S
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    What I was going for was a mobile melee/illusion build.

I chose 2-handed sword instead of staff because I would then have to split my focus in the trait lines. The 2-handed sword does more damage than the staff does and is a ranged option.

As for anti-melee, Distortion, Riposte, and Illusionary Wave help with that, as well as the cripple from killing clones.
    Your traits are already split up, greatsword doesn't really support your style you are going for. Greatsword is great for ranged and peeling but doesn't compliment the melee style or a illusion heavy build. I suggested staff because of conditions, it doesn't do a lot of burst damage like the greatsword but it offers consistent damage and hindrance via conditions.

Scepter/torch better suits the playstyle you are going for (has an extra block and better synergy). You can also drop mirror images if you do drop greatsword since you will be producing a lot of clones, it'll just be wasted slot tbh, mantra of pain, mantra of resolve, mirrored feedback or signet of illusions would turn out better.

---------- Post added 2012-03-01 at 11:58 PM ----------

Is my new set, I decided to drop the condition signet since I have so many traits amplifying condition damage. I also dropped down to 10 domination and added 10 to illusion and dropped illusion increased damage for mind wreck because my only 2 phantasms don't really do damage, one applies confusion the other applies conditions. I added 10 to illusion for mind wreck crit chance and might when shredding.

I added mirror images to spread more conditions around/distraction with blinks/more mind wrecks.

Discuss!
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-02 at 12:00 AM.

I just wanted to say that I think this topic has a great OP and it'd be nice if it had been the standard for all class topics.
    Some of them are only about a line long on the first post

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I just wanted to say that I think this topic has a great OP and it'd be nice if it had been the standard for all class topics.
    Some of them are only about a line long on the first post
    OP only updated the first page due to pressure from people asking him/her to do it ;D

Jk jk lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Zito should make me a dual sword melee mesmer build. I DEMAND IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    You would need to choose your weapon swap as well. You are expected in this game to do so, and if you just put your traits for one type of attack you might cripple yourself in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would need to choose your weapon swap as well. You are expected in this game to do so, and if you just put your traits for one type of attack you might cripple yourself in the end.
    Fine, a primarily dual sword mesmer with greatsword on the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well wait on your build until the game is actually released, especially since you'll be able to go into the Mists, be up-leveled to 80, and play with ALL abilities. O_o

I think my builds are pretty crappy which is why I wanted feedback >.>
    The cool thing about traits is only like 4 are specific to a weapon, like 50 power while wielding a greatsword. You can probably make a build that supports double sword but yea you are going to have to play something not melee every 10 seconds or so.

The concept of Duel sword is nice, but realistically you would be taking more damage then others. I'll see what I can do though...
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-02 at 01:32 AM.

I think my builds are pretty crappy which is why I wanted feedback >.>

The cool thing about traits is only like 4 are specific to a weapon, like 50 power while wielding a greatsword. You can probably make a build that supports double sword but yea you are going to have to play something not melee every 10 seconds or so.
    If I get into the Beta, I will gladly try out anyone's build that they link

10+ Year Old Account
    If I get into the Beta, I will gladly try out anyone's build that they link
    Too bad you can't break NDA on that. :O

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Too bad you can't break NDA on that. :O
    Who said I'd tell anyone?

Who said I'd tell anyone?
    Who said you would get into beta?

oh snap

Who said you would get into beta?

oh snap
    Hence the 'if' I said earlier.

Seems the skill tool I linked is missing a few traits.

ffs

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 01:52 AM ----------

Fine, a primarily dual sword mesmer with greatsword on the side.
    No.

This is primarily PvP.

The cool thing about cloaking as a mesmer, attacking doesn't break it nor does getting attacked break it.

The main concept of this build is when you know you won't be needing shred is to pop both phantasms and just unload damage on the target.

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 02:20 AM ----------

This is a staff support build, applying mass conditions to enemy's and boons to allies for increased survivability. Greatsword is great for peeling off enemys to people who need it.

PvE build.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-02 at 01:57 AM.