19 19.39%
  • Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    All names are updated, tell me if I missed you or misspelled something.
    Missed me.
    I don't blame you though, it must be difficult going through all of those names. Ack!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Missed me.
    I don't blame you though, it must be difficult going through all of those names. Ack!
    I think the best way to get your name in there for sure is to send a private message to Allanon. Makes it a lot easier then looking through each page.

Wait, guild halls? I thought there wouldn't be housing in this game
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Wait, guild halls? I thought there wouldn't be housing in this game
    They said guild halls won't be available at launch.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They said guild halls won't be available at launch.
    Well... I hope it'll be what I'm imagining it as. A large guild cabin, with fur rugs on the floor and a fireplace. Couches to sit on and extra rooms just to muck around in.

It'd be really cool with a populated guild, as long as the place is big enough that people aren't so condensed.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe guilds can (or rather, will at one point be able to) acquire forts as well, for the sake of, well... structured PvP? Not sure yet.

Edit: found this for more info on guilds in general http://www.guildwars2guru.com/guild-...-guild-wars-2/
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

this guild/game needs to grow big enough that MMO posts the front page about GW2 instead of wow. I love these forums, I hate that I only look at one little box in the top corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper View Post
    this guild/game needs to grow big enough that MMO posts the front page about GW2 instead of wow. I love these forums, I hate that I only look at one little box in the top corner.
    Boub said that if a game is as successful/nearly as WoW, and after several months it's still going positively, then he would consider it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I doubt it'll become so successful as to over-power or compete with WoW directly (especially since WoW has a subscription fee and GW2 does not). But I do imagine that it will be successful enough to be worth posting front page news.

Frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't set up "front pages" for each of the big name MMOs out there. WoW could still be the default one, but if you have an account, you could set which one to make your home page.
    Course then he'd have to assign individual people to each game, and... he could stick to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Oh I doubt it'll become so successful as to over-power or compete with WoW directly (especially since WoW has a subscription fee and GW2 does not). But I do imagine that it will be successful enough to be worth posting front page news.

Frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't set up "front pages" for each of the big name MMOs out there. WoW could still be the default one, but if you have an account, you could set which one to make your home page.
    Course then he'd have to assign individual people to each game, and... he could stick to WoW.
    This isn't the first time this has come up. It'd be a lot more work, for him and people he could trust (and split profits with if they're gonna do all that work), and he's said that he doesn't want to make the WoW people feel uncomfortable with the site changing.

It's a good philosophy to follow... I know if he made a TOR news section, I wouldn't be following it anymore, even though I'm one of the people who asked for it back before it was released. Bet quite a few people feel the same way.

Besides I don't doubt he'll be doing snippets and referring people to GW2G, like how he's done recently with the beta sign ups.

You missed me .
    Forum Name : KHAAAAAAAAN
    Race: Don't Know
    Class: Guardian
    In-game Name: If it is not taken. Moag

<-- Long time MMO Champion lurker, made an account just for this thread lol.

Count me in for the guild, I'm rolling Human Thief, name is probably gonna be Wikram

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaaaaaaaan View Post
    You missed me .
    Forum Name : KHAAAAAAAAN
    Race: Don't Know
    Class: Guardian
    In-game Name: If it is not taken. Moag
    And here I thought you would name yourself Spock.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post

Count me in for the guild, I'm rolling Human Thief, name is probably gonna be Wikram
    welcome!

nice to see people joining for MMOChamp.com for GW2, and not WoW or SWFail.

This is the one and only warning for the thread. DO NOT TRASH TALK OTHER GAMES. PERIOD. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-02 at 07:19 AM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Guild wars 2 FTW!!!

I really hope I get into the beta, cant wait to do some "extreme testing"
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post

Welcome to the family!
    I used to be a forum lurker like you... (you know the rest >,.,<)

10+ Year Old Account
    too many thieves... go reroll
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Welcome to the family!
    I used to be a forum lurker like you... (you know the rest >,.,<)
    then I tooke a.... lurker to the knee?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcrest View Post
    then I tooke a.... lurker to the knee?
    took a banhammer to the knee
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll joint my guild to this as long as you all settle on a server. :P

So count me in!

My main is: Mighty Blue Bear, male Charr Guardian.