Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FrizzleMe View Post
    I keep wondering about this. Is this due to Bane of Havoc? I mean, in our raid the clone is too far away for Havoc to be useful.
    BoH has no range rec afaik, or atleast its further then the bosses can ever be apart. When they split just CoE and BoH the one that you're not on.

Deleted
    BoH can reach indeed, but i sometimes had it bug out and do no damage. Not sure what the reason behind it was really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrizzleMe View Post
    I keep wondering about this. Is this due to Bane of Havoc? I mean, in our raid the clone is too far away for Havoc to be useful.
    Huh? Bane of Havoc has "unlimited range" http://www.wowhead.com/spell=80240 (apart from the actual casting of the bane on the targeted mob/character) essentially. AS I mean "essentially", I mean, without it bugging of course, on Heroic Morchok, if you cast bane on the other mob you're not focusing your main rotation on (within 40 yards); he can go across to the other side of the map and it will still be taking 15% damage from your abilities.
    Last edited by mmoc35f4878b7b; 2012-03-01 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes... and looks like other people beat me to it..

Deleted
    Here's an idea - the reason you see BoH as doing no damage at times is because it's too far away for your combatlog to register (have the problem that when I use WoL it will give me a bit skewed data). If anything just ask someone on the other side to check your BoH and compare. My thought was that even though the bosses are usually in range of eachother sometimes after Black Blood and whatnot they get separated

Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post
    Here's an idea - the reason you see BoH as doing no damage at times is because it's too far away for your combatlog to register (have the problem that when I use WoL it will give me a bit skewed data). If anything just ask someone on the other side to check your BoH and compare. My thought was that even though the bosses are usually in range of eachother sometimes after Black Blood and whatnot they get separated
    While that's a possibility, I'm pretty sure it bugging out is a known thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    While that's a possibility, I'm pretty sure it bugging out is a known thing.
    This.

Also, Destruction does not have burst damage; it's actually just a very flat damage spec with a short ramp up. If you need real burst, you need to be Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This.

Also, Destruction does not have burst damage; it's actually just a very flat damage spec with a short ramp up. If you need real burst, you need to be Demo.
    Seconding this about Destro. I've never been so close to hanging it all up as last night on H-Spine attempts. I made a point of taking Demon Soul out of my nuke macro, and used the following rotation on the Burning Tendons: DS->SB->macro that targets Burning Tendon, and pops my Bottled Wishes trinket->SF->Immo->Conflag (so that I can a 3rd in right before the DPS period ends)->CoE->then Incinerate until Conflag comes off cooldown, using Fel Flame once when Immo is about to fall off and Shadowburn if it's less than 20% health.

Even with +30% crit, +10% spell power, +8% Fire/Shadow damage the results were frankly sickening. For Tendon damage, I consistently finished behind an Arcane Mage, an Elemental Shaman, a Survival Hunter, a Sub Rogue, and Feral TANKING Druid. The only person I beat was the Shadowfiend.

How fucking awful is that? Really Blizzard?

As for Demo, it's decent burst if you need/can AOE, if the target is below 25% for Decimation, if you have a +Mastery Trinket, and if the timing is perfect (every ~2 mins for up to 36 seconds). Because if the encounter doesn't have those things, even the ~50% additional damage you get for Meta still isn't going to get you in the top 10 of DPS specs when it comes to burst. How sad is it that SPriests have infinitely more burst than a Destruction Warlock?

Deleted
    sad but true :-(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post
    If this was the case, then surely your combat logs wouldn't gather any data for any of the players on the other side.. since this has never happened (at least to me) I dont see it being the case. Nice idea though

Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    If this was the case, then surely your combat logs wouldn't gather any data for any of the players on the other side.. since this has never happened (at least to me) I dont see it being the case. Nice idea though
    The person that parses for my guild is usually on the opposite side as me so he would be picking up BoH regardless if I was out of range for it or not. It happens every now and again and while annoying, thankfully is not gamebreaking for us since there are only a few fights where BoH serves any real use.

"It's OK that our 6th tier talent bugs out and stops working sometimes, it's not even that useful in the first place!"

Lastnight on H-Mor in Destro, did 25.6% of overall raid dmg at 32k DPS (394iLvl), with Spell Haste and Spell Power Buffs missing. BoH was 12.5% of my damage output, at a little over 1 million damage. The 2 groups ended far apart and BoH still seemed to pick it up.

Spine's dps requirements now are pathetic. Our raid just uses normal trinkets now and has no issue with it. Demo still has greater burst potential than destro. Unfortunately while it might be bring the player not the class completely, its still bring this spec over that spec within a class. 10 man heroics are especially prone to balancing issues with small, often only 10 people for 10 spot rosters and little to no flexibility.
    Last edited by DraconusIX; 2012-03-01 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DraconusIX View Post
    Spine's dps requirements now are pathetic. Our raid just uses normal trinkets now and has no issue with it. Demo still has greater burst potential than destro. Unfortunately while it might be bring the player not the class completely, its still bring this spec over that spec within a class. 10 man heroics are especially prone to balancing issues with small, often only 10 people for 10 spot rosters and little to no flexibility.
    I have switched Demo to Destro(my usual spec) on hc Spine now because Amalgamations die so quickly that I have no chance to get my Meta's up before bursts.
    Worked just fine last night with Destro because of the ridiculous nerfs

This class is Op anyways

Deleted
    thankfully is not gamebreaking for us since there are only a few fights where BoH serves any real use.
    It is a great ability on all the fights except Ultraxion :O

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    It is a great ability on all the fights except Ultraxion :O
    It's useful, but I wouldn't really call it great. It shines best on Morchok, but for Zon'ozz, I'd trade it for the smooth ramp up and burst of Arcane any day. I'd swap it for Combustion/Impact or Chain Lightning on Yor'sahj in a heartbeat. I'd drop it >and< pay good money for Improved Scorch on Hagara, not to mention Blinking through waves/out of Frostbite patches. Gimme Cauterize on Ultraxion over popping Nether Ward + Life Tap (hoping a healer doesn't top you off instantly) + SB/Healthstone + some outside help for Hour of Twilight PLEASE!

It's sad knowing that you can BoH+CoE Gorionna and do 800,000 damage over 5 minutes, and a mage can Combustion/Impact for 700k-1.2m in under 10 seconds when they land.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfariessence View Post
    Gimme Cauterize on Ultraxion over popping Nether Ward + Life Tap (hoping a healer doesn't top you off instantly)
    I do not understand this.

A warlocks Best Bet is to go Demo. How to video in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...highlight=demo

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    I do not understand this.
    You can't pop a Healthstone when you're at max health. If you can't pop a Healthstone, you don't get the 20% "mini last stand" that Soulburn: Healthstone gives you.

It's the lovely complexity of:
    Health at 165k
    Life Tap down to 140k, hope healer doesn't top me off instantly
    Pop Soul Burn,
    Consume Healthstone for 16k,
    Now I'm at 156k out of 198k max health,
    Hope a healer tops me off now so I don't die...