Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I want more info as to what exactly we'll be stealing from each class.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 08:07 PM ----------

Was thinking about going 30 in to deadly arts, 20 in to trickery, and 20 in to shadow arts. Want to be a thief who does a shit ton of damage and utilizes steal.
    even then it's going to be a list of items so for example like a necro might have a skull for fear, a sacrificial knife for a bleed, corpsedust for a blind, and something else for something

sometimes you just cant steal what you really really want, so you make do
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    even then it's going to be a list of items so for example like a necro might have a skull for fear, a sacrificial knife for a bleed, corpsedust for a blind, and something else for something

I believe it's been found/shown that Moas, for example, have at least 2 possible stealable items. An egg ( heals you or something, iirc. ) and a feather ( Blinds and stealths. ) I haven't been able to find anything on stealing from players though, which is what I really wanna see.

So yeah, you'll never be able to know for certain what you'll get. But they should all be situationally useful.

10+ Year Old Account

All of those still sound really useful no matter what. Plus going in to trickery will give me some great buffs when I steal.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what do you guys think of my current setup?

I'm going for a highly mobile, high damage Thief.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of those still sound really useful no matter what. Plus going in to trickery will give me some great buffs when I steal.
    o i never said it wasnt useful, just mean that its still goign to be a list not 100% predictable
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-03-01 at 12:43 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    o i never said it wasnt useful, just mean that its still goign to be a list
    Didn't mean to imply that you were, was just saying it myself is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    So what do you guys think of my current setup?

I'm going for a highly mobile, high damage Thief.
    They updated the tool?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was glancing at this... http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon

And compared "total weapons" and "weapon combinations" across the various classes...

Thief feels unusually low...

I'm still annoyed we can't use Sword in the off-hand. :<
    If we could, we'd still be fairly low on total weapons, but our weapon combinations would match Mesmer and Necro (and only be slightly behind Ranger, which makes sense).

Though now I'm wondering if a Thief could make sense using Rifles...
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-01 at 07:16 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Though now I'm wondering if a Thief could make sense using Rifles...
    anet said that when designing the thief, warrior, ranger, and engi when it came to weapons they wanted to spread it around

they wanted the warrior to have a mix of guns and bows, specifically they gave them the "heavier" ones, long bow and rifle
    rangers were given the bows, short and long
    engis they wanted to represent the technological progress of 250 years so they gave them pistols and rifles
    thieves were given the "light" ranged weapons, shortbow and pistol

no i dont have a source it was one of the developer interviews months ago
    The Original Ganksta

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...0a898n8u92969n

Alot of stealth abilities; insanely buffed steal that also provides stealth=2 free initiative AND initiative regeneration along with might, swiftness and fury.
    Improved sword/dagger 3rd that also gets benefits from Flanking Critical Strike. 50% crit from stealth + dager 5th costs 3 initiative instead of 5.
    Stealth recharges 2 initiative every time, you can use your heal offensively.

looks nice
    Last edited by Lefuu; 2012-03-01 at 04:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...0a898n8u92969n

Alot of stealth abilities; insanely buffed steal that also provides stealth=2 free initiative AND initiative regeneration along with might, swiftness and fury.
    Improved sword/dagger 3rd that also gets benefits from Flanking Critical Strike. 50% crit from stealth + dager 5th costs 3 initiative instead of 5.
    Stealth recharges 2 initiative every time, you can use your heal offensively.

looks nice
    You must remember that even though Dagger 5th only costs 3 Initiative you still require to have 5 Initiative to cast it.

Eitherway here is my build http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5k8k969d9e9i9m
    It has several good things. It has three skills that makes you get closer to the target, three skills that makes you move away from the target (Infiltrator's Strike/Arrow is on both). It also has two skills which reflects/blocks projectiles and three stealths, one of which is AoE that also procs at low health. High Initiative regeneration aswell as a Might buff on each stealth/shadowstep. I am just missing the Master minor trait from Trickery.

10+ Year Old Account
    anet said that when designing the thief, warrior, ranger, and engi when it came to weapons they wanted to spread it around

they wanted the warrior to have a mix of guns and bows, specifically they gave them the "heavier" ones, long bow and rifle
    rangers were given the bows, short and long
    engis they wanted to represent the technological progress of 250 years so they gave them pistols and rifles
    thieves were given the "light" ranged weapons, shortbow and pistol

no i dont have a source it was one of the developer interviews months ago
    I can kinda see that, it's just that I can imagine a Thief being a "sniper" in a way different from a ranger.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I can kinda see that, it's just that I can imagine a Thief being a "sniper" in a way different from a ranger.
    they need to change the pistol stealth move to a execution style shot

to the head
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know where I can find the range of certain abilities? I want to know how far the reticule goes for infiltrator's arrow, but GW2 wiki doesn't display range.

If I play a thief it will be a straight high damage / burst setup with whatever combination of traits allow that. I do like the sneaky sneak stabby-stab style of play. Or in this case sneaky dodgey crazy stabby stab style.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I think I came up with a Thief build that uses the currently available info. I didn't pick a lot of defensive traits/skills, so I'm gonna have to rely on my ability to dodge, and the few control abilities I have, and my dagger ability's stealth (plus I picked the heal that evades). I like the idea that I can use signets to get a boost to my initiative, as well as initiative from crit.

I also can use Steal to give myself three boons at once - should prove to be a nice damage boost if I use it right.

I suppose it could be said I didn't include very much support for my Pistol. I'm honestly tempted to switch the Infiltrator's Signet to the Signet of Shadows (which also gives me a bit extra survivability).
    But I also think I'm going to reserve Pistols for moments where I feel like it's just not conducive to my health to stay in melee, or I am completely incapable of being in melee.

I chose Scorpion Wire in the case that spending Initiative to leap at my enemy isn't good enough, but if gameplay proves that isn't a problem, then I'll probably go ahead and switch to either Spider Venom, or Signet of Agility (more crit = more initiative?) or even Haste. Gameplay will have to decide which seems more useful.

Hell, I'm tempted to just use three signets and see what happens.

But tbh, I'm looking forward to learning more about the Acrobatics traits, as well as the missing minor traits.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-02 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Unfortunately you don't have the option of dual swords, or so I am told.
    AFAIK, no, we don't. I'm hoping they change that, but they haven't done so yet...

Except for Engi and Ele, Thieves have the least weapon combos, which makes absolutely no sense to me. We're not masters of weapons, but we are masters of killing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know where I can find the range of certain abilities? I want to know how far the reticule goes for infiltrator's arrow, but GW2 wiki doesn't display range.
    B/c you asked me earlier

looks like it was compassion and toughness, not extra health =(

EDIT: how the hell do you get the image to show

EDIT:finally got it
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-03-02 at 08:37 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Im sorry if this is a stupid question, but did they get rid of the Backstab ability that restores initiative?

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: how the hell do you get the image to show
    Click on the little thingy that says BBCode.

Quote Originally Posted by Valek View Post
    Im sorry if this is a stupid question, but did they get rid of the Backstab ability that restores initiative?
    That's the ability your 1 key changes to when you're stealthed.