Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    He was kidding, the memory is called "Ripjaws", not "Raipjaws"...
    lol sorry, it's been a very very long day.

He was kidding, the memory is called "Ripjaws", not "Raipjaws"...
    I can assure you no joke was intended or implied, and it grieves me to literally no end that there is not in fact a "rapesauce" oriented ram kit for the true enthusiast in these matters. You never cease to disappoint me noteworthynerd =(.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Don't play WoW anymore, but really that's my weakest link?

I'm quite surprised but thanks for the info - could you explain why or offer me some insight, tried briefly Googling the issue earlier but didn't come across anything.

What's a good replacement, and I'd assume I'd have to replace my mobo?
    You could get any of the Phenom II line processors made for AM2+, though I am not sure it would be worth the cost of an upgrade unless you are having issues doing the things you want.

While the 4 digits aren't great, they aren't so bad that you need to abandon ship right now IMO. As you can see from the benchmarks link, there are definitely better performing chips though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    If you want to play the game how you want, do so, but don't do it with me. If you wanna play super mario brothers and just jump up and down until the clock runs out and you die, by all means do it when I'm not player two and waiting for you to stop being an asshole.

I THINK it's Demon who uploaded this for me, but I'm not entirely sure on RL name vs MMO-Champ name.

Now this is why I'm considering facing the fan so it pushes air down.
    This is the powersupply's dustfilter that you see. Then there's where the fan would go...

Whats with the velcro, drunken? (On the underside of the radiator, that is. The top of the case is pretty obvious )
    Last edited by FlawlessSoul; 2012-03-02 at 04:48 AM.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Whats with the velcro, drunken? (On the underside of the radiator, that is. The top of the case is pretty obvious )
    Probably to try and muffle the sound from the vibrations of the fan while sitting on the case? Idk what they are called.

EDIT: DERP, need to learn to read myself lol. Im curious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I'm using velcro to mount the rads, as well as to mount the second fan to the radiator. What you're seeing is not the underside though. That's the "floor" of the powersupply compartment. There wasn't really anywhere to mount the rads "under" anything.

Why the heck would I use velcro to mount the fan? Well, it's because the rad uses 30mm long UNC screws. The fans are 32mm thick, ergo the screws I have will not fit. For added issues, the UNC standard is measured in inches, not mm, and is extremely rare in Norway. Some people politely offered to send me screws, but I politely declined when I found I had to mount the rad with velcro anyway.

I'll take some more pictures soon'ish and hopefully get them up here asap.

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 12:00 PM ----------

So literally after finishing posting I go to the bathroom, and I just happen to check outside, mostly to see if the roomie's home (easier to tell by presence of car than noise of said roomie).

I spot a large, black van in the intersection right next to the house. See, when I order stuff to my door, the GPS lead them there then point to the house to the right. So whenever I spot them coming I see them pull up into the intersection and just... kinda sit there for a minute, apparently pondering the meaning of life.

This time I hadn't ordered anything though. I've been waiting on the Corsair AX 850 RMA, and I'm pretty damn sure this is it. Unless someone's sent me a bomb, I guess. So I'd say it's time to get some more pictures going when I get around to opening the box.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-03-02 at 11:01 AM.

Got the BitFenix EPS power cable extension that Ghâzh recommended (Thanks!) installed. So it's time for some before and after!

Before:

After:

Why's it not coming from the top and down though? o.o *puzzled* Isn't there space there, or any cable holes...?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly ya need to get the rest of the cables out-fitted with Bitfenix Alchemy extensions now.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Why's it not coming from the top and down though? o.o *puzzled* Isn't there space there, or any cable holes...?
    No, there aren't any rubber grommets above the motherboard in the HAF X 942. There's an opening, as you can see in the "Before" picture, where the fan cables are going; but the EPS connector is too large to fit through the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Honestly ya need to get the rest of the cables out-fitted with Bitfenix Alchemy extensions now.
    Maybe in the future! I've spent enough time and money on this machine for a while. :P
    Last edited by Mawaru; 2012-03-02 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get like one Bluescreen every 3 day now. I'm guessing it's the i5 2500k I clocked to 5Ghz without really knowing what I was doing.

At least I think that could easily be the cause. Am I right? :P
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Corsair released sets of modular sleeved cables (in heaps of colors) for most of their HX and AX series PSU's a while ago, you should check them out. They seem expensive but compared to the amount of time+effort that sleeving can take...for a lot of people it's totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I get like one Bluescreen every 3 day now. I'm guessing it's the i5 2500k I clocked to 5Ghz without really knowing what I was doing.

At least I think that could easily be the cause. Am I right? :P
    Umm...you want to be careful with voltages, cooling and other settings to run at 5ghz :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    You could remove the connector, pull the wire trough the gap and reconnect it if you really wanted to. Looking great anyways, and like Deltrus said you'll have to buy more extensions, even though one already sparks things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawaru View Post
    No, there aren't any rubber grommets above the motherboard in the HAF X 942. There's an opening, as you can see in the "Before" picture, where the fan cables are going; but the EPS connector is too large to fit through the gap.
    Once again, I'm also a HAF X 942 owner, and to be frank, you need to wiggle it a little, however it WILL fit through, I promise you. The amount of people who have routed their own through there is exceptionally high.

Here's mine:

I actually stopped routing it through that gap though as I went one step further into Enthusiast level of cable-routing and I stuck it up directly under the motherboard, however that is much more difficult, depending how you do it. But trust me when I say, I used to route it through the gap above the motherboard, try it a bit more, I know you can do it. No, it does not just go through no problem, it takes wiggling and fitting, but it DOES fit.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, I'm also a HAF X 942 owner, and to be frank, you need to wiggle it a little, however it WILL fit through, I promise you. The amount of people who have routed their own through there is exceptionally high.

Here's mine:

I actually stopped routing it through that gap though as I went one step further into Enthusiast level of cable-routing and I stuck it up directly under the motherboard, however that is much more difficult, depending how you do it. But trust me when I say, I used to route it through the gap above the motherboard, try it a bit more, I know you can do it. No, it does not just go through no problem, it takes wiggling and fitting, but it DOES fit.
    I agree. It DOES fit, but it takes a little wiggle here, and a little wiggle there, to get it through. No wires were hurt in this production.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    I agree. It DOES fit, but it takes a little wiggle here, and a little wiggle there, to get it through. No wires were hurt in this production.
    <snippies>
    And a little wiggle everywhere?

Your setup looks gorgeous. I'm thinking of doing the white braided cables, but idk, I wish I had a computer to get each color and then one to do a mix. lol x_x

Have you actually thought of taking out any excess front panel cables you don't need?

Like I completely removed the following cables from the whole equation: eSATA, Firewire, reset sw, hdd led, and power led. It really cleans things up. :P Here's what the back of my case looks like where all the cables are routed:

You can see where I bundled up the reset, hdd, and power led cables because I couldn't actually pull them out, without seriously having to possibly break part of the top front panel just to access where they are plugged in, so I just bunched them up in a nice clean circular form and let the power sw go down to the motherboard.
    "A flower.

Like I completely removed the following cables from the whole equation: eSATA, Firewire, reset sw, hdd led, and power led. It really cleans things up. :P Here's what the back of my case looks like where all the cables are routed:

You can see where I bundled up the reset, hdd, and power led cables because I couldn't actually pull them out, without seriously having to possibly break part of the top front panel just to access where they are plugged in, so I just bunched them up in a nice clean circular form and let the power sw go down to the motherboard.
    Oooohhhh, I may do that when I get home, I'll take a picture of my back panel, it is a complete mess back there. Thanks for the idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooohhhh, I may do that when I get home, I'll take a picture of my back panel, it is a complete mess back there. Thanks for the idea!
    Np! It definitely cleans things up and takes several rather unnecessary cables out of the equation.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    And a little wiggle everywhere?

Your setup looks gorgeous. I'm thinking of doing the white braided cables, but idk, I wish I had a computer to get each color and then one to do a mix. lol x_x

Have you actually thought of taking out any excess front panel cables you don't need?

Haha I knew I forgot about a part of that song! Thank Deltrus, I never got to finish the build as I started working again hardcore. But I am starting it up again. I need to get the rest of the wires sleeved to match, the top 2 blue fans that I ordered last night, 3 day shipping for free from Newegg on them, I never got around to putting my H70 in there, as well as upgrading my shitty "I like to run hot at idle" 470 as well as adding in a SSD.

As far as removing the excess cables, I NEVER open my back panel :P So that does not bother me currently.

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 12:21 PM ----------

Here was the finishing look after I swapped out the Red for the Blue.

I only did the Blue to match my keyboard and mouse :P
    Last edited by Deafyx; 2012-03-02 at 08:22 PM.