Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakkeyez View Post
    Does anyone out there know of an as powerful alternative to Forte that doesn't come with two hundred warlock modules and ugly cooldown bars but still tracks dots as effectively (and then not only the target or focus currently selected)?
    I've used ClassTimers, DoTimers, NeedToKnow, MFclip, Chronometer and a few others in the past but they always seemed to either
    1) not try to track things that wasn't on target/focus
    ("real" tracking of other targets is not provided by the client as far as I understand but only by trying to have the client "guess" what dots belong to what adds by checking the combat log and make a good estimation whereas for target/focus the game client can be "certain" of the current status of the dot. I suppose it depends on how smart the code is how well it would make this guesstimate. You could notice it f ex when tracked cc broke early and it was instantly picked up on target/focus but on other mobs the timers could keep running as if it was still there - I may be completely wrong on this but it's how I interpreted what I read about/experienced through the years.)
    or 2) Didn't group the timers nicely so it was easy to see what dots belonged to what mob.
    If there is anything that does what Forte does without all the extras I'd be the first in line to try it out.

Blakkeyez UI rule#1: There is no such thing as too much information on screen. Except if it 1) covers other important information or 2) involves your sister, brother, mother, yourself or some weblink that I probably don't want to click.

... oh and btw dotting the Sapper is the way to go, don't listen to the loudmouths. If applied quickly enough you get the first tick during stealth and can swap to MS/MB/SW: D stuff when it appears (sure wasting some mana and a GCD but hey it's way cooler to dps the Sapper faster than some crappy Slayer that dies fast enough anyway).
    You can turn off most modules on ForteXorcist. And your UI rule is stupid.

Yes, you can turn off modules in Forte but it doesn't help that much with it's heavy load unfortunately and it's still a rather big and clunky addon to use if you are not going to use the rest of it's functionality. I'd happily switch it out for something more lightweight if possible. And no I don't want a picture of you on my screen, Ariadne. It gets in the way when checking out sexy trolls in Orgrimmar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakkeyez View Post
    Yes, you can turn off modules in Forte but it doesn't help that much with it's heavy load unfortunately and it's still a rather big and clunky addon to use if you are not going to use the rest of it's functionality.
    If you turn off a module, you turn off those functionalities. And how is it clunky to use? If you have set it up once with the modules, you just turn off what you don't want. The rest of your stuff will still be there.

And no I don't want a picture of you on my screen, Ariadne. It gets in the way when checking out sexy trolls in Orgrimmar.
    What?