15+ Year Old Account

I cannot get WoW to load/play/open via launcher or otherwise, please help.

So I quit WoW a LONG time ago, and decided that I want to play it again. I have Cataclysm and my account is upgraded to Cata, so I decided to just DL the game through the site, and load it through the launcher until I could play.

Well, I did that, and let it load a few gigs and decided I want to see if I could play. The little icon that says "play" was greyed out, so I decided to open up just WoW instead of the launcher, and it opened the window. I was able to log on and it had to spend a lot of time loading but I was able to actually log on and into SW and Org on my characters with a little less than 10% of the game loaded haha.

Well, I played that for a day and then the patch came out, I think it's 4.3.2. Obviously my game still isn't loaded and DL'd yet all the way (i'm in a hotel, and my nets DL speed is 40 KB/s (lol). So It's taking me literally weeks to DL just a few gigs. I am working with what I got here. v_v

Well like I said, the patch came out and the "just open WoW not the launcher" trick no longer works. I do that now, and it opens the launcher instead. So, I thought, well, I'll just put the launcher in the recycling bin and then open it. Well, that worked, I got to the login screen, but now it says "patch required: restart" and I hit restart. But, when I do that, it goes back to the login screen and this is what it shows:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8924/picture2zd.png

I don't understand. Is it saying that something messed up and I have to completely reinstall WoW? Because that will literally take weeks for me. Will it not let me play until it loads the ENTIRE GAME and THEN loads the patch? Because that will take weeks as well. This is ridiculous. I just resubbed and I can't even play, I thought the game was supposed to stream even if the game wasn't loaded fully? I thought that was the entire point of that feature?

Here's another picture that I just took, something I don't get, it's at the green arrow yet it won't let me play. http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6017/picture3jg.png

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's red, you can't play yet. Doesn't matter where the little arrows are. If you bypassed the launcher when it was still red, it may have caused problems with the installation. Have you tried using the Repair tool?

It's probably best to post this in the Technical Support forum on the official site though, if you haven't already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    If it's red, you can't play yet. Doesn't matter where the little arrows are. If you bypassed the launcher when it was still red, it may have caused problems with the installation. Have you tried using the Repair tool?

It's probably best to post this in the Technical Support forum on the official site though, if you haven't already.
    You mean if the DL bar is red? Because yeah that's red. And I mean when I bypassed the launcher I did heroics, I did BG's, I mean I just didn't fly around the world. I did some, and the game loaded as I flew lol.

And yes, I posted this on the official mac support forums already, no replies yet. )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    You mean if the DL bar is red? Because yeah that's red. And I mean when I bypassed the launcher I did heroics, I did BG's, I mean I just didn't fly around the world. I did some, and the game loaded as I flew lol.

And yes, I posted this on the official mac support forums already, no replies yet. )
    I'm honestly surprised you could bypass it at all while it's red. It's not supposed to let you play until it turns yellow. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah dude, I did the new 5 mans, got some phatty 378 pieces on my alts, it was fun. It took a LONG time to load though, like, minutes, but it still let me. It was like it was streaming the entire game as I played. Now, it just gives me that patch thing and says the patch applied incorrectly.