Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Toriyama really did not care about the power levels.
    I know, it's not really my point though. While he didn't care about them that much, he had to have thought about it at some point. I'm sure he has an opinion on the subject though, and I'd pay a lot to just straight up talk DBZ with him for like 15 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    all that mattered was their hair turned blonde and they kicked ass

also freiza as the last non magical/technological bad guy

androids
    cell

technological

buu

magical

gt

technological and magical.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the Superman V Goku thread has turned into a Dragon Ball Z is awesome thread, until a mod put it back on topic, I'm bumping this thread for DBZ fans. I'm hoping it doesn't count as necro since it was a mod recommendation.

OT:

Favorite Heroes:
    1. Goku
    2. Piccolo
    3. Android 16
    4. Future Trunks
    5. Tien
    6. Gohan

The other non-Saiyans are cannon fodder. At least Piccolo, Tien and #16 have the occasional moment of badassery. The other Saiyans piss me off a lot, mostly during the Buu Saga.

Vegeta is badass, but so frikkin stupid.
    "Lol, I'm a Super Saiyan now. I'm not afraid of androids. Let Dr. Gero release them."
    *Androids kick Vegeta's ass*
    "Lol, I'm Super Vegeta now. I'm not afraid of Cell's perfect form. Let him absorb 18."
    *Cell kicks Vegeta's ass*

Gohan was okay sometimes, but his whining in the Saiyan Saga, haircut in the Frieza Saga, reluctance in the Cell Saga and his Ginyu Force ripoff of a superhero in the Buu Saga all add up to a lot of annoyance.

I share Piccolo's opinion of Trunks and Goten.

Favorite Villains:
    1. Vegeta
    2. Kid Buu/Super Buu
    3. Arch-Demon Piccolo
    4. Cell
    5. Frieza

Vegeta was a much cooler villain than hero.

Vegeta is an abolute legend, I still laugh when I hear him talk about his 'saiyan pride'. Hands down my favourite character
    Watched it all and I still think it's the best anime of all time, yeah there was a load of crap filler every now and them but in terms of ccharacter development, it's amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    yay my thread is alive again

by the power of ghost nappa!

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I know, it's not really my point though. While he didn't care about them that much, he had to have thought about it at some point. I'm sure he has an opinion on the subject though, and I'd pay a lot to just straight up talk DBZ with him for like 15 minutes.
    power levels ended with freiza, since freiza (the most dynamic/dramatic fight, cell was a relativly down to earth fight, buu was not as dramatic as freiza either) was supposed to be the final bad guy with the series ending with goku dying on namek.

but the fans wanted more

so we got the androids and cell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    by the power of ghost nappa!
    Here is Ghost Nappa's power.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are mistaken

Defo think the Cell saga is my favourite, how ever Goku's first transformation against freiza was so damn epic

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghost Nappa looks like Casper with facial hair.

I only ever really liked the Android/Cell Saga myself. The only characters I really liked from the series were Cell, Future Trunks, and Piccolo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who'd win. Chichi (when she entered the WMAT) or Videl (before learning to fly)

Gogeta! Fusion you know!?

10+ Year Old Account
    chichi can do kaioken with out ever meeting a kai sooooooooo (i know its filler, but dbz is filler)

Deleted
    Epic moments:

Absolutely love DBZ. I think its in part due to nostalgia, though.

Cell saga was my all time favorite, with Perfect Cell as my favorite villain. SSJ2 transformation was my second favorite event in the series, behind Goku's SSJ transformation.

The ridiculous fighting is what made it so damn entertaining. Its a shame that its rare these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Who'd win. Chichi (when she entered the WMAT) or Videl (before learning to fly)
    Chi Chi is a boss compared to Videl. Chi Chi had a PL of 130, which is higher than Mercenary Tao. Honestly, I'd still give that one to Chi Chi after Videl learns to fly. The correct answer though, is POPO!

Also, after this post, I am officially starting my ask me anything service. Ask me anything about DBZ, and I will do my best to answer it! I don't know everything about DBZ, but I know a lot more than most. Don't be shy, I don't bite, I swear.

Now, random facts time! Since I didn't post one yesterday, it's time for two.

Random Fact #3: There is a 3rd type of Shin-Jin born from the fruit of the Kaiju tree. Some Shin-Jin are born evil and are cast down into the demon realm. They are called Makaioshin, which in English means, "Gods of the Kings of the Demon Realm." There are no characters that have been officially labeled as Makaioshin, but it is highly likely that Dabura, Lucifer, (from Dragonball: Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle) and Shula, (from original Dragonball) are all Makaioshin.

Random Fact #4: The distance from the lookout to Paprika Wasteland, (the area where Nappa is fought) is about one third of the world, probably a little closer to 35%.

How do you know chi chi's PL? I do not remember seeing that.
    Also from your earlier post about your PL maths.. I remember Frieza saying when he was in his final form "if you still had a scouter you would see that my PL is over one million", but you said goku's was at 3 million. I thought all the scouters were broken at that point, and how would goku have any trouble if those were the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Also from your earlier post about your PL maths.. I remember Frieza saying when he was in his final form "if you still had a scouter you would see that my PL is over one million", but you said goku's was at 3 million. I thought all the scouters were broken at that point, and how would goku have any trouble if those were the numbers
    The power levels come from Daizenshuu 7, a guidebook made by Akira Toriyama's assistants just after the Dragonball Z manga was finished. The full list can be found here. Personally, I take the ones from V-Jump, and the video games with a grain of salt. So always check the source on the right. http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Power_levels

As for Frieza, he says his power level was over a million when he was in his second form. Frieza's 100% Final Form had a power level of 120 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Power_Levels

Also, Frieza said his PL was over a million after his first transformation.

---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 07:39 PM ----------

Dammit Laurcus

Just gunna chime in, not particularly add anything, but just say that the Goku vs. Superman thread has inspired me to rewatch all of the old episodes again. I only saw about 2 sagas of Dragonball and only Cell Saga in Dragonball Z growing up as a kid, but the nostalgia is still amazing. I'm about 130 episodes in now, and it is an amazing waste of time; after I finish Z, I'll probably go back and watch Dragonball, and maybe GT if I go through both of those too quickly.