Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Unholy DK's do not use expertise.

Your gear is missing enchants, to start...and why are you up to 24 expertise yourself? Death Strike always heals, even if it misees
    Decent, tier helm+Backbreaker will help you with your over-hit problem. Apparatus is still terrible, get your Hands on any level of Dragon Soul trinket (LFR included).

Overall looking pretty good.

Link to my armory in Sig, please note I'm reforged for Heroic Madness.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Unholy DK's do not use expertise.

Your gear is missing enchants, to start...and why are you up to 24 expertise yourself? Death Strike always heals, even if it misees
    But I did reforge some expertise so ur saying not to care about dodge / parry percentage and just refore exp to mastery but then it will be high the percentage between them as for the dk above my post then 10/10 I see nothing wrong :P. Anywho just did BH and won some new gloves so re rate :P and yet im broke atm to afford enchants and farm therazane, earthen ring rep. Screw deepholm , armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%a0re/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    People complain that catering to the 1% of players for (mythic) raids is atrocious.

981 page thread about wanting Blizzard to cater to less 1% of the player base is downright giggle worthy.

Deleted
    If you're broke, PVP enchants are easily available and are better than nothing. or, just stop being broke. not exactly hard.
    Helm gem should be 20 mastery, 30 stamina.
    20 mastery, 30 stam and 30 mastery is far superior to 40 mastery.
    Get a real tank belt and legs.
    You need 2/3 epidemic to prevent 4 second lack of debuffs. You should never use icy touch so drop icy reach, and runic power mastery produces a lower DPS gain than Blood-caked blade.
    Get glyph of heart strike, not death and decay.
    Glyph of rune tap, Glyph of AMS, and glyph of bone shield of rune weapon should also be in use.
    1/2 crimson scourge and 1/2 butchery gives a greater RP gain and higher dps than 2/2 butchery also.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ikiie/advanced
    ^ In the process of switching to stamina gemming for madness heroic, will replace bracers and boots when I upgrade them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiie View Post
    If you're broke, PVP enchants are easily available and are better than nothing. or, just stop being broke. not exactly hard.
    You need 2/3 epidemic to prevent 4 second lack of debuffs. You should never use icy touch so drop icy reach, and runic power mastery produces a lower DPS gain than Blood-caked blade.
    Glyph of rune tap, Glyph of AMS, and glyph of bone shield of rune weapon should also be in use.
    1/2 crimson scourge and 1/2 butchery gives a greater RP gain and higher dps than 2/2 butchery also.

^ In the process of switching to stamina gemming for madness heroic, will replace bracers and boots when I upgrade them.
    You don't actually need that much stam for heroic madness anymore with the 10% nerf. Just use the firelands rep trinket + whatever and you'll be fine.
    Armory in sig if anyone cares. Not really raiding atm and just randomly hopping guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiie View Post

Technically incorrect about the spec, he should be going 1 more point into Icy Reach to hit Lichbourne.

Nothing glaringly wrong but I'd suggest picking up a Lichbourne spec for Heroic Madness. RP Generation doesn't really help that much on a fight with extra haste for 75% of it.

Deleted
    Really? Lichborne? I haven't had a single point since T11 where i've thought, damn, I wouldn't have died there if i Had lichborne. It's a waste of talents, and in DS where tank dps does matter or, at least before the 10% debuff, it did, those talents are just horendously wasted, 6 talents and a glyph for... nothing.
    I anticipate DPS being far more of an issue for madness, than the negligible gain of lichborne.

Nice fishing gear,
    Cant tell what spec you're trying to play from weapons, but gathering from 0 expertise, i'm going with unholy, so, I'd replace vessel of Acceleration, since the VP trinket should produce more consistent crit, and burst strength for use with gargoyle.
    Also, missing JC gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    But I did reforge some expertise so ur saying not to care about dodge / parry percentage and just refore exp to mastery but then it will be high the percentage between them as for the dk above my post then 10/10 I see nothing wrong :P. Anywho just did BH and won some new gloves so re rate :P and yet im broke atm to afford enchants and farm therazane, earthen ring rep. Screw deepholm , armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%a0re/advanced
    You can "farm" their rep by going through dungeons, Enchanted, wearing the tabards. Heck, that'll MAKE you money. There is no reason not to have Therazane and Earthen Ring rep by this point in Cata.

Honestly, I don't think the line between dodge and parry has to be perfect. It's very difficult to reach it, and people tend to think of it as a must instead of what it really is. If you're a mastery blood DK, you go for mastery above all else, then reforge everything else into whatever is the lowest between dodge and parry. You don't worry about matching them like other tank specs do. It is fine if your dodge is a few hundred below or above your parry rating. All that means is if you get more dodge, it'll increase your dodge chance by more % than if you increases your parry by the same amount of points. Overall, though, dodge & parry do the same job, and it's important to have a combined amount around 30% for a mastery DK to provide a good baseline of avoidance.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Decent, tier helm+Backbreaker will help you with your over-hit problem. Apparatus is still terrible, get your Hands on any level of Dragon Soul trinket (LFR included).

Overall looking pretty good.

Link to my armory in Sig, please note I'm reforged for Heroic Madness.
    Yeah App is awful, but trust me, the one it replaced was even worse! At least it procs on haste all of the time to bring me to 4374 haste (145%), for burst phases. I'm working on switching out gear to get the hit down right now.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-02-29 at 04:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a similar problem with over hit, hopefully I can at least get the lfr tier helm this week.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...steasë/simple

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    I'm having a similar problem with over hit, hopefully I can at least get the lfr tier helm this week.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...steasë/simple
    29 exp? try to make that less on OH, 2nd why do you have pest glyph you should totally drop it from your rotation as its a rune waste and try getting some more haste as im 2182 or so haste and id suggest spend a point in butchery from virulence to use more on Frost Strike but heck, if you want to mash obliterate then stay at virulence and btw why wait for t13 dk helm while you can get vp one? everything else is well.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%a0re/advanced update glyphs/talents too
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    People complain that catering to the 1% of players for (mythic) raids is atrocious.

981 page thread about wanting Blizzard to cater to less 1% of the player base is downright giggle worthy.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%a0re/advanced update glyphs/talents too
    Questionable talent build with seemingly random choices. I also question why you'd choose to take Lichborne. Also missing a few enchants here and there not to mention you don't have 2 maxed out professions.

Overall: 6/10

My armory can be found in my sig.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

15+ Year Old Account
    1) 29 exp?
    2) why do you have pest glyph you should totally drop it from your rotation as its a rune waste
    3) try getting some more haste as im 2182 or so haste
    4) spend a point in butchery from virulence to use more on Frost Strike but heck, if you want to mash obliterate then stay at virulence
    5) why wait for t13 dk helm while you can get vp one
    1) Human expertise bonus for sword/mace gives 3 points. However I have the Morchok axe(no racial bonus) and a crappy 378 sword(racial bonus). Therefore 26/29
    2) As apposed to what glyph? Hungering cold, death grip.
    3) This goes to the same issue as I said in my post about an overabundance of hit rating
    4) 2 points in Butchery allows for 2rp/5 meaning it takes 80 seconds for that talent to generate enough rp for 1 extra frost strike. Where as epidemic allows for 4 extra globals to use a plague strike/outbreak.
    5) So I should take a hit/haste helm when I already can't drop enough hit to get to 8% instead of taking a tier helm that has haste/exp that I can easily use?

----------------------------------

Vereesà all I can say is daaaaaamnnnnn. I can see you're likely just waiting to replace Alysrazor's Band, so I gotta give you a 9. Just curious since your group is killing it in 10man heroics, does your group not need you to spend the point in AMZ?
    Last edited by Gracin; 2012-03-01 at 05:07 AM.

Vereesà all I can say is daaaaaamnnnnn. I can see you're likely just waiting to replace Alysrazor's Band, so I gotta give you a 9. Just curious since your group is killing it in 10man heroics, does your group not need you to spend the point in AMZ?
    Well actually, our previous DK tank quit after DS progress was over, so I'm forced to tank our DS raids now, so I didn't feel the need to spec for AMZ for LFRs/5mans/whatevers.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Just got back into tanking for the first time in a while. Can someone rate me?

Character: Arkturus
    Server: Madoran

Won't let me post links yet.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ghion/advanced

if it shows my frost gear please keep in mind its my OS, so yes i know i have a cheap enchant or two (15 to chest instead of 20) and that my gemming is not optimal, straight out red gems right now is just too high for my taste.

15+ Year Old Account
    To the two tankers above, I can't really comment on because I know very little about tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ghion/advanced

if it shows my frost gear please keep in mind its my OS, so yes i know i have a cheap enchant or two (15 to chest instead of 20) and that my gemming is not optimal, straight out red gems right now is just too high for my taste.
    1) Razorice belongs in MH
    2)You are 1.19% over hit cap, and you have reforged both haste and mastery to hit rating.
    3)I know you say putting red gems in your gear is too expensive, but you have jewelcrafting and could do some ore shuffle get more than enough red gems and still make a profit from the shuffle.
    4) You have 2 points in each Chillblains and Endless Winter which I normally wouldn't fault because I love free interrupts and the ability to AoE kite the hell out of mobs, but you waste those points and don't take any in Epidemic.
    5) You aren't using Glyph of Frost Strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the two tankers above, I can't really comment on because I know very little about tanking.

1) Razorice belongs in MH
    2)You are 1.19% over hit cap, and you have reforged both haste and mastery to hit rating.
    3)I know you say putting red gems in your gear is too expensive, but you have jewelcrafting and could do some ore shuffle get more than enough red gems and still make a profit from the shuffle.
    4) You have 2 points in each Chillblains and Endless Winter which I normally wouldn't fault because I love free interrupts and the ability to AoE kite the hell out of mobs, but you waste those points and don't take any in Epidemic.
    5) You aren't using Glyph of Frost Strike.
    you're just a little bit over the hitcap but besides that i dont see anything wrong.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced

please keep in mind that this is my offspec, i'm not sure about my reforging.
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2012-03-06 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    you're just a little bit over the hitcap but besides that i dont see anything wrong.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced

please keep in mind that this is my offspec, i'm not sure about my reforging.
    6,5/10.
    No professions. Spec is slightly off, put one point into runic power mastery.
    Not sure about your haste reforging, but you want haste>mastery unless you experience heavy rune capping. If not, haste is still a fine choice though around your haste level currently they are pretty close. So if you are rune capped quite often, it's fine. If not, go exp>haste on trinket and leave the haste on helmet.

And for the rest, well gear isn't amazing so missing points there too.

You do know how to properly reforge etc so that's nice (unlike some other people who don't even bother to read up stuff).

(big thing that you have 0 proffesions what so ever : p )

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...argix/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc2c42523442; 2012-03-06 at 09:43 PM.

9/10.

In your gear crit is actually simmed higher than mastery so your reforging would be slightly off what it is now. I think in this situation the Firelands Rep ring or the Valor ring would actually be better than the Alysrazor ring. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Overall quite nice.

P.S. Your transmog is dookie, mine is glorious. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    9/10.

In your gear crit is actually simmed higher than mastery so your reforging would be slightly off what it is now. I think in this situation the Firelands Rep ring or the Valor ring would actually be better than the Alysrazor ring. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Overall quite nice.

P.S. Your transmog is dookie, mine is glorious. :P
    With 4set and gurthalak mastery is better than crit. (don't follow sims like it's the holy bible, Gurthalak is capable of giving you 5-6.5 k dps gain which the sims (with sims its ALWAYS 3.5k) never show, it even puts crit almost equal to haste l0l) Alysrazor's ring has more str on it. Can't be bothered to buy the vp ring now since everything is on farm already. Just gonna spend them on something else, while waiting for the ultrax ring. Transmog is personal taste, and I quite like the t13 feeling.

And mastery and crit are pretty much equal, and I rather go the non rng route than to add another rng factor to it. (cough gurth cough). Another reason is that quite some bosses have more than 1 mob to have diseases on/ you can hit with dnd. Hence making mastery more favoured. And it's a pain in the ass to reforge from a crit haste build into frost, haste mastery works much better )
    Last edited by mmoc2c42523442; 2012-03-07 at 02:21 PM.