Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Everything looks cool, besides the free 80 which is lame and failed. WoW is goin from RPG to Arcade.

i have 2 accounts, but i havent used the other one for a while, can i use Scroll of Resurrection on my other account to get a free 80?

Reading that I some how picture a Blizzard employee down on his knees begging....pathetic.

...annnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd i am still not coming back (...i have no friends /cry )

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    If this is indeed insta level 80 these characters can jump straight into dungeons (Wrath, not sure about Cata). Wouldnt it be best they don't skip straight into this content and atleast have some knowledge of their class? Player from pre 4.0 may have issues if their class or the class they want to play has changed dramatically.
    I used a 7 free days to come back after just leveling to 85 in cata to play in 4.3. *Fortunately, most content is so mind-numbingly simple and most classes adequately stupid-proof that there is little to no risk of not being able to play at standard LFX levels even with zero prior knowledge of the game. *If anything, pre-4.0 fellows will be better able to adapt because they are used to things like talent-trees and non-linear questing that better equip them to be able to play at an acceptable level. *
    Nightstormer of Azuremyst

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I kinda wish they'd do something like this for new players, or at least ones who came in via RaF.

I've tried to get co-workers and friends to play this game, but the fact that you have to put in months (and it is months for people who are completely new to the game) of leveling so you can start doing all the things you hear your buddies at work talking about ends up being a deal-killer.

Maybe not a straight boost to 80 or whatever, but if Blizzard is ever going to start growing this game again, they're going to have to find ways to let newbies participate meaningfully with their max-level friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Reading that I some how picture a Blizzard employee down on his knees begging....pathetic.
    So...whatever random nonsense you're imagining in your head is "pathetic"? *Gee, thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Tychus; 2012-03-06 at 09:51 PM.

Holy Crap. Say what you will about the rest of Blizzard, but their marketing crew is full of geniuses. There are a lot of people that may be toying with coming back at some point or another and with all these free things to encourage them to do so, I'm sure a lot of them will return.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    blizz doesn't care about people keeping their subs, they know most people don't have the willpower to quit, they're too addicted.they care about luring in new subs.
    Why do they bleed subscribers and pull off such desperate moves then?

I still love how people have the misconception where they think the game matters anymore from level 1 to 85. If you didn't notice, World of Warcraft is all about end-game. Why do you think classes are so unbalanced at lower levels? Think about it.

That's why people get a free boost to 80. Because they want people to get a free skip over the old, boring stuff, but not so much that they have to skip the newest leveling zones. Because Blizzard want people to experience what they have made.

I just want to say one thing to the haters... If you hate World of Warcraft so much, why do you still care about it? Move on. Seriously.

I'm utterly shocked people can even begin to defend this.It's been a damn common joke that Blizz would one day give out free level 80s. There is nothing good about this, if you honestly think it benefits the game, you've clearly missed the foundations and are somewhere in a void.

This is pretty awesome O: now I want friends that stopped playing 8(

I suspect this is only for 1 toon. I assume that you will be able to make a fresh new toon at level 80 instead of boosting an existing one (in case you decided to rage quit and delete your main or all your toons).

This is official and LIVE right NOW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    And somehow you still hang around on a WoW site commenting on wow related news.
    You didnt quit, your just telling yourself you did.
    I canceled my subscription and every now and then drop a glance or two on this site to see if casual fallout ceased.

Explain...

Hell, I'd give you the price of an xpac for an 80 shammy. just sayin'

So we have to pay 50 bucks for a faction/race change, but they get it for free because they are NEW subscribers? Sounds like some BS at&t would come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Everything looks cool, besides the free 80 which is lame and failed. WoW is goin from RPG to Arcade.
    You have zero knowledge of marketing my friend. There would be zero incentive to revive an account if you dropped out in Vanilla or BC and had to level all that way again.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I still love how people have the misconception where they think the game matters anymore from level 1 to 85. If you didn't notice, World of Warcraft is all about end-game. Why do you think classes are so unbalanced at lower levels? Think about it.

That's why people get a free boost to 80. Because they want people to get a free skip over the old, boring stuff, but not so much that they have to skip the newest leveling zones. Because Blizzard want people to experience what they have made.

I just want to say one thing to the haters... If you hate World of Warcraft so much, why do you still care about it? Move on. Seriously.
    Believe it or not a lot of people just spend their time leveling new characters all the time, giving up somewhere midway. While I LoL.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    I'm really not sure how to feel about this :\

On the one hand, really nice for returning players who perhaps want to try it out again without the hassle, on the other hand..

Just.. DAYUM