The only opinion that matters is yours. Personally i rate the game 9/10

I really hope we'll get fans releasing texture packs to improve their resolution, such as these for ME2:

Have those set to my two desktops atm - can't wait to receive my copy of ME3 on Friday.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    so anyone know whats up with metacritic right now? I assume its bio hate and day one dlc issues but man... its nearing DA2 levels and.. oh god no... MW3 levels :O
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-3
    Its obvious that some of these "reviewers" havent even played the game.
    BEWARE OF READING THE SPECIFIC USER REVIEWS, I HAVE ALREADY HAD A PART OF THE STORY THAT MEANT A GREAT DEAL TO ME SPOILED >.> + :'(
    Possible hacker duplicating reviews?
    You think the shitting that me3 gets is bad?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...rolls-v-skyrim

Game of the year right there. 5.4 user review. Trolls will be trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    hummm...jacob won't be a team member and james isn't romancable? :*(

Guess...i'll go reroll a female character
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-03-06 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is absolutely incredible. A lot of interesting (but predictable) plot twists.

Fuck reviewers and fuck metacritic, this game is fucking beast mode. I played it for 8 hours yesterday, and I'm gonna go play it for another 18 or so. Tootles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    the metacritic scores is a direct result of the DLC

I would never use that score for determining how good a game is, too much politics with it
    The DLC is only a small part of it. It's just some bandwagon to hate bioware, but it started long before the DLC was announced. But yes, you can't use that score to determine how good the game is.

I am glad the user rating is 2.5. These companies need to learn that it is not okay to exploit DLC, and we need to stand up against this - to ensure that it will not happen again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    The DLC is only a small part of it. It's just some bandwagon to hate bioware, but it started long before the DLC was announced. But yes, you can't use that score to determine how good the game is.
    A lot of it originates on /v/ on 4chan. They fucking HATE Bioware. They aren't exactly my favorite company, but they act like they're some sort of incredibly horrible, awful place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    A lot of it originates on /v/ on 4chan. They fucking HATE Bioware. They aren't exactly my favorite company, but they act like they're some sort of incredibly horrible, awful place.
    I think reddit picked up on it as well (although I don't visit that place, so I wouldn't really know. But I'm fairly sure the tranny rumors started there).

For the DLC crash as soon as the cutscene ends just spam (and hold) the HUD key (left shift) and hold that for a few seconds. That somehow makes the game continue.

Also this game is fucking amazing.
    Last edited by freelapdance; 2012-03-06 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    I am glad the user rating is 2.5. These companies need to learn that it is not okay to exploit DLC, and we need to stand up against this - to ensure that it will not happen again.
    Personally I'd be happy if they just got rid of that awful point system (I personally consider such systems to be scams, they're deliberately designed so you'll sit with 100 or 200 points left after buying your stuff, so you have to buy another round if you want to feel like you didn't waste money). I still wouldn't buy the DLC if they got rid of that since I still consider them too expensive, but I'd at least accept the existence of it if they sold it with a proper currency.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this would sum up EA nicely:

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Guys can we try and avoid spoilers on this page? Especially for our poor friends across the Atlantic who dont even know that... *STATIC**SCHSSSSS**

But seriously guys
    Last edited by looopy; 2012-03-07 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    Guys can we try and avoid spoilers on this page? Especially for our poor friends across the Atlantic who dont even know that... *STATIC**SCHSSSSS**

But seriously guys
    I guess it would be worth mentioning that [ SPOILER ] [ /SPOILER ] actually puts a black line over anything that is enclosed, and can be removed with a click...
    Like this!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's a good idea to avoid them, use spoiler tags when you can.

I've been taking it super slow atm - just finished the recruitment of the Turian leader and stuff. It's weird fighting with Reapers on the ground. It's a very War of the Worlds-esque type feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I think this would sum up EA nicely:

No. The whole gaming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    No. The whole gaming industry.
    Agree 100%

As gaming has become more corporate it all has been more nickel and dime stuff to get peoples money.

I see alot of people in shock over the Metacritic scores. I lost faith in that site a long time ago. They really should find a way to filter out ridiculous reviews... not sure how they'd manage it though.

I'm about 6 hours into the game and am having an absolute blast. The gameplay isn't perfect, and the graphics aren't amazing, but overall it's one of the better single player games I've played in... well... years. In fact, Mass Effect and Skyrim have been the only single player games I've finished completely since I disocvered MMO's years ago.

It's a good game, and you will appreciate it on another level if you've played through the previous installments.

A lot of it is the 4chan Bioware hate.

It's not a perfect game by any means but certainly not a 2.5 metacritic score either.