10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure what parts I have have already been said by someone, i don't know shit about my computer but I know shit about games ^-^
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

Deleted
    Truth is I could have done a much cleaner cable management / cpu fan positioning, but I think I'll just leave it like it is 'til I'll have new components. It's not easy to overheat that piece of rock anyway! :P

Edit: you might have noticed that I gathered everything that couldn't be seen from the window panel in the corners /lazy :P
    Last edited by mmoc325978b4bb; 2012-03-09 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtaraxyDarkmoonFaire View Post
    Truth is I could have done a much cleaner cable management / cpu fan positioning, but I think I'll just leave it like it is 'til I'll have new components. It's not easy to overheat that piece of rock anyway! :P

Edit: you might have noticed that I gathered everything that couldn't be seen from the window panel in the corners /lazy :P
    very nice man. a little bit of time and yo should be in good condition. that mobo looks tiny compared to the case.

My budget build

My budget Build Just waiting on my SSD for os/programs and a bluray drive and GG and another 6770 xfx card for xfire

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500)

AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX

Cooler Master Hyper N520 Heatsink

XFX HD-677X-ZNLC Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Antec Eleven Hundred Black Super Mid Tower Computer Case

Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 1TB 5400 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Harddrive

CUG-950B
    ATX12V version 2.3 and EPS12V version 2.91 compatible
    140mm ultra silent cooling fan
    Advanced double forward circuit and double-layer PCB
    Universal input & Active Power Factor Correction
    Fully modular cable management improve airflow
    2 x 6 pin and 2 x 8(6+2) pin PCI-E graphics card connectors

3x Thermaltake DuraMax 12 120mm case fans

Last edited by thunderzz; 2012-03-09 at 08:32 PM.
    o.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by passetto View Post
    very nice man. a little bit of time and yo should be in good condition. that mobo looks tiny compared to the case.
    Indeed, I could probably fit 3-4 mobos like that if only I had enough standoff holes x)
    I paid it like a Haf 922 though, so I'll just let it be comfy 'til I'll find something better

Quote Originally Posted by thunderzz View Post
    My budget Build Just waiting on my bluray drive and GG and another 6770 xfx card for xfire
    Lovely setup, the more I see your modular PSUs in this thread the more I envy you guys :P
    Last edited by mmoc325978b4bb; 2012-03-09 at 08:30 PM.

Indeed, I could probably fit 3-4 mobos like that if only I had enough standoff holes x)
    I paid it like a Haf 922 though, so I'll just let it be comfy 'til I'll find something better

Lovely setup, the more I see your modular PSUs in this thread the more I envy you :P
    Ya i had bought a semi modular at a local shop and all night i tossed and turned thinking i should of paid a bit more for full modular , so i went back the next day and exchanged it very much worth it
    o.O

Lovely setup, the more I see your modular PSUs in this thread the more I envy you guys :P
    modular power supplies are amazing. they are a lil more expensive but well worth it.

The back could probably be a bit cleaner but the cords on the PSU were pretty stiff, first time cable management.

i5-2500k w/ Noctua NH-D14
    16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic White (covered by the monstrous NH-D14)
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    GIGABYTE GTX 560 Ti w/448 Cores
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD + Western Digital 1TB HDD
    SeaSonic X650 80+ GOLD

I may or may not try to find the time to move the HDD/SSD bay to the left as others have done.

Last edited by Soluger; 2012-03-10 at 07:52 AM.
    [i5-2500k @ 4.0 GHz][Noctua NH-D14][ASRock Z68 E3G3][GTX 560 Ti 448][16GB Corsair VENGEANCE LP]
    [Corsair 600T White Edition][Crucial M4 128GB SSD][1TB Western Digital HDD][SeaSonic X650 80+ Gold]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluger View Post
    The back could probably be a bit cleaner but the cords on the PSU were pretty stiff, first time cable management.

i5-2500k w/ Noctua NH-D14
    16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic White (covered by the monstrous NH-D14)
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    GIGABYTE GTX 560 Ti w/448 Cores
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD + Western Digital 1TB HDD
    SeaSonic X650 80+ GOLD
    Looks good, much better looking than the cable management job I have. The only thing that really looks messy are the wires running across the bottom of you motheboard, but I'm guessing there wasn't much you could do with that.

I'll post some more pics soon, as I got a fan controller this last week and I'm going to be getting a Crucial M4 128GB for my birthday in about a week. I'm going to do some more cable management when I get back to it, so hopefully it doesn't look awful anymore. It currently is this mess.

Yeah, I'm almost certain the PSU covers the small cutout down in that corner or else I would have used that one. Next time I'll need a new computer will be for heavy 3d modeling and that kind of stuff and I'll be going full-out on it by sleeving all cables and that stuff. That said, I'm 99% happy with what I was able to do.
    [i5-2500k @ 4.0 GHz][Noctua NH-D14][ASRock Z68 E3G3][GTX 560 Ti 448][16GB Corsair VENGEANCE LP]
    [Corsair 600T White Edition][Crucial M4 128GB SSD][1TB Western Digital HDD][SeaSonic X650 80+ Gold]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottie4u View Post
    I fucking hate cable management.

No longer I have to deal with this!! Haf X ftw!

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottie4u View Post
    No longer I have to deal with this!! Haf X ftw!

With an extension for the 4 pin cable it would be even better, but those are invisible details once you put the side panel on

10+ Year Old Account
    With an extension for the 4 pin cable it would be even better, but those are invisible details once you put the side panel on
    Good call bro. I just popped it in.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Just a bit of practice, patience, and pulling, you can achieve this.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account

Guess I should have posted this in here

Mini ITX was fun and all, but I miss not having space to run wires and the sometimes issue of not having a long enough wire instead of not having a large enough case. So after this I am reluctant to say I am moving back to Mid Towers.

But anyway here is what I just built.

Specs:
    Sg07 Silverstone Case (With 600w Silverstone PSU)
    ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT LGA 1155 Intel Z68 MB
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 Core Edition 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
    G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
    Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W
    Two 19" 4:3 Monitors + One 25" 16:9 Monitor
    Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110
    Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse G400
    1TB OS Hard Drive + 500 GB VM/Fraps HD + Corsair Nova Series 2 2.5" 30GB Caching SSD

I've found that if I don't give myself a budget I will end up trying to buy everything.
    So my budget was $1200 and I already had two of the Monitors, Keyboard, Mouse, Case, and the Two Mechanical HDD's.
    It is mostly used for VMWare Workstation and of course games.

PICTURES!!!

MODS: I posted this as its own thread. Please delete that thread as I believe it should belong in here.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should have bought a Thermaltake Armor 30 case to be honest, it's got tons more room for a MicroATX case but it's still super small.

Quote Originally Posted by Airin View Post
    Mini ITX was fun and all, but I miss not having space to run wires and the sometimes issue of not having a long enough wire instead of not having a large enough case. So after this I am reluctant to say I am moving back to Mid Towers.

But anyway here is what I just built.

Specs:
    Sg07 Silverstone Case (With 600w Silverstone PSU)
    ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT LGA 1155 Intel Z68 MB
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 Core Edition 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
    G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
    Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W
    Two 19" 4:3 Monitors + One 25" 16:9 Monitor
    Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110
    Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse G400
    1TB OS Hard Drive + 500 GB VM/Fraps HD + Corsair Nova Series 2 2.5" 30GB Caching SSD

I've found that if I don't give myself a budget I will end up trying to buy everything.
    So my budget was $1200 and I already had two of the Monitors, Keyboard, Mouse, Case, and the Two Mechanical HDD's.
    It is mostly used for VMWare Workstation and of course games.

PICTURES!!!
    What heatsink is that?

I'm thinking of building a HTPC with gaming possibilities.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    What heatsink is that?

I'm thinking of building a HTPC with gaming possibilities.
    Looks like a Scythe CPU cooler, possibly this one with a taller fan on it http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16835185097

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a Scythe 2000

And I as said in my post I already had the Mini-ITX Sg07 case from about a year and a half ago. So I built to that size.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airin View Post
    Also know as Scythe Samurai-ZZ. I personally use this one in my heatsink. provides enough cooling the be very quiet at up to 100W.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet