Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    They wont release this on 360, Dont think the 360 can handle FFXIV

Because the 360 can't handle FFXIII or FFXIII-2 either. It's not like all 3 games weren't made on the same graphical engine or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    looking forward to ffxiv's re-release. I got into closed beta 1 and was really let down with how terrible the game was when released. Ive been playing ffxi off and on for years and was really looking forward to it.

Oh well i hope with the dumbed down client and the changing of the mechanics to be more casual this game will succeed.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Deleted
    Some of this looks really pretty promising - the question is more whether there will be anyone still playing by the time they manage to roll this out or if any of the FF fans that have tried this before the patches will have any faith at all left in Square

Patch 1.21 brings some truly amazing stuff guys

I am getting more and more excited for this game guys ^^. I will link some videos and the patch notes the reboot is almost ready all get rdy for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2msC...2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnbth...1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fNYu...3&feature=plcp

And now the patch notes don't read these unless you have a ton of time there is an ungodly amount of new game info.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/39024

Let me know what you guys think of all the coming changes so far I want this game to make damnit I have 5 50's lol

Deleted
    I thought the reboot wasnt due till 2013 ?

And as an advertisement for the game those 3 videos you linked are the most uninspiring thing i could imagine. The first shows the combat still looks slow, unresponsive and frankly boring as it ever was, the second video is just a guy standing still casting random things, and the 3rd is a guy talking to a vendor - have they actually added any gameplay changes that make this game approach even slightly being fun ?

Also as for the game 'making it' the chances of that are so small as to be non-existant - the game has total of subs of ~20k. I cant see even the full reboot regaining any of the reputation they lost when they released this travesty upon FF fans.

Deleted
    FFXIV is nothing like it was at launch, its well on its way to becoming a really great MMO title post 2.0.

So you played it at release and hated it, too bad, I don't care, I wasn't stupid enough to buy/play a MMO at release and expect it to be good, they never are much good in the first year or two, SWOTR is the most recent example of this. When will people learn lol!
    FFXIV is actually rather fun at the moment, try it when 2.0 is released and you may be suprised how ordinary the MMO you are currently playing really is, and you don't want to be ordinary do you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sad Panda View Post
    FFXIV is nothing like it was at launch, its well on its way to becoming a really great MMO title post 2.0.

So you played it at release and hated it, too bad, I don't care, I wasn't stupid enough to buy/play a MMO at release and expect it to be good, they never are much good in the first year or two, SWOTR is the most recent example of this. When will people learn lol!
    FFXIV is actually rather fun at the moment, try it when 2.0 is released and you may be suprised how ordinary the MMO you are currently playing really is, and you don't want to be ordinary do you?
    FFXIV was still by a long, long way the worst mmo i have ever played even just a few months ago, before they ended the free period. I am not currently playing any mmos and even with all these threads popping up lately championing all the 'fantastic' changes I still cant bring myself to drop the £4 or so to resub to try it again.

Trying to compare the launch of this with SWTOR ,RIFT ,LoTRo, Aion or indeed probably any mmo in existence is laughable. None of the mentioned MMO's were perfect but all had a pretty decent game with some elements done very well - Rift had the excellent rift mechanic and the awesome talent trees/flxability, SW had hands-down the best levelling experience(at least first time round anyway) etc, etc.

Looking back at the last time i played FF and i can only think of two things that WERE NOT completely horrible/barely functional/badly implemented - one was the awesome intro movie and the other was that the graphics looked pretty good....
    so long as i didnt move...
    or use any skills....
    or try and move the camera....

Not sure why you had to make a new account just to post in the 2 FF threads - is it really that embarrassing to admit you playing this game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    Also as for the game 'making it' the chances of that are so small as to be non-existant - the game has total of subs of ~20k. I cant see even the full reboot regaining any of the reputation they lost when they released this travesty upon FF fans.
    One of main reasons for such low amount of subs are enormous PC requirements. Doesn't look like this issue was looked at. Sure, your PC yet might bear with solo play in FF 14 somehow, but imagine doing dungeons with a lot of people. In same WoW it might be difference between 60 fps (solo) and under 20 (25-men raids, SW/Org), now imagine it in FF 14.

Edit: if they'd make different toggable gfx options so that game could run on more systems, they'd have way-way more scubscribers.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-03-10 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Panda View Post

Did you really just compare SWTOR at launch to FFXIV?
    Sure, SWTOR's launch was terrible. But dear god nothing compares to how FFXIV's launch, and following months were. (And don't get me started on FFXIV's beta which I was "fortunate" to "test")

10+ Year Old Account
    I had such a boner for FFXI! I havent tried FFXIV other than watching a friend play but im so excited for the re-launch of it!

I'm glad to see that they're revamping the game. I never played it because I heard that they restricted leveling. I really hope they get rid of that.

I'll come back and give it another looksee if they give me a trial, preferrably one that's at least a week. I'm interesting like most others here to see how much they have improved the game (if it actually is?). I think aesthetically it has the most potential, but the game was very bland and boring at release. GIMME TRIAL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmmmm I might actually get this game (again) since the original well...was a complete fail >.< But this looks very promising =]
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

FF11 was my first MMO and I played it for 6 years from the start of the Japanese launch. I then left (too long on one game for me finally) and tried the other major MMOs. Then FFXIV came out and I was excited about it and tried at launch and I just can't handle the combat system..... just so slow compared to the competitors out there and now that MMO's are coming out with new combat systems where you actually have to be even more active in battle (physically moving your tank to dodge etc.) the FF MMO style of combat just seems agonizingly slow to play or watch. So I'm still up in the air on 2.0. I want to be excited but.... after going toe to toe with hordes of large creatures in other games, killing bees, rabbits and birds again as a high level just seems... dumb.

I can't wait to give this game another shot. I remember it looking downright AMAZING, and this was before I had my new rig. Square/Enix will make this a success, learn from your mistake and come back better than people expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing about a month ago, for the very first time. And I absolutely love it. Sure, there are somethings that are annoying; like Anima (used to teleport) restoring 1 point per 4 hours, but the game play is a bit slower paced and soloing leves is insanely easy, if you level the right classes. Of course the "item search counter" is a headache to use and they could combine some crafting/gathering classes. There are some certain quests that you, without a doubt, will need a party for. Personally, the gear, the animations, the world in general look better than any other MMO I've played. Granted I have a top-of-the-line computer. But, that is just personal opinion. Wish there was a bit of a difference in animations though. Heavy Thrust and Leg Sweep are the exact same, one is an AOE + Stun, the other is a ST + Stun.

One thing that I love about the community of FFXIV, is that it is, hands-down, the nicest community. The devs are very active on the forums and there is an update about the state of the game, incoming changes, bug fixes, etc almost every day. The new producer is top notch and all over this game. He interacts regularly with his crew and sends updates. It's his goal to make this game what it was supposed to be. They merged the 18 servers into 10 servers, 4 of them are full. People are all over the place. All the time. There is a steady pace of releasing 2.0 content before the actual drop of 2.0. 1.22 is coming shortly, and with that another new Primal.

For those who have NEVER given it a shot, or played it at launch, I urge you to try it. It's free for 30 days (after you put in your CC of course ).
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-04-15 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pool842 View Post
    I am getting more and more excited for this game guys ^^. I will link some videos and the patch notes the reboot is almost ready all get rdy for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2msC...2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnbth...1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fNYu...3&feature=plcp

And now the patch notes don't read these unless you have a ton of time there is an ungodly amount of new game info.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/39024

Let me know what you guys think of all the coming changes so far I want this game to make damnit I have 5 50's lol
    Gief me RDM plox

I played the beta of this game about a year ago, had hopes for it and pre-ordered it. Yeah, I went back to the gamestop and got my money back. This game was BAD!!!!!!!! Sure, it may have gone through a major overhaul; but it doesn't help with the severely bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    Because the 360 can't handle FFXIII or FFXIII-2 either. It's not like all 3 games weren't made on the same graphical engine or anything.
    They aren't on the same engine lol...