Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I like the character selection screen to be honest. It's so... fresh =)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I like the character selection screen to be honest. It's so... fresh =)
    Agreed all the way

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent 200 euros on 4 pieces of cardboard last week, 30 dollars for 3 extra slots should be okay

The joy of being a magic: the gathering player
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Profession /hugz
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Anyway, with the lack of a sub I don't see it being too big an issue.
    I'll always call them Classes, and will call their crafting, Professions. Not just because of WoW just because of RPGs.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Are you guys happy with 5? Happy to pay more? What do you guys think?
    no
    since there are no pvp characters 5 slots only is bad, especially since you have to get out of the starting zone to pvp iirc

Infracted for Trolling
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2012-02-22 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I'll always call them Classes, and will call their crafting, Professions. Not just because of WoW just because of RPGs.
    Same, except WoW has put me in a habit of that :P

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    there would be almost no point for them to sell char slots in their cash shop if they were to ship 8 with each box as it's obvious very little of us would then need to have more at that point.
    people should stop making fools of themselves and start growing up.
    Or they could just not sell slots, rather than repeating GW1's blatant cash grab routine.

Also, most GW players I know bought more slots than they had classes(usually to have a dedicated PvP or bank toon slot), which is presumably why Anet is doing it this way...

5 is just fine for me.
    And if I ever need more, I'll gladly pay for something like that instead of paying a monthly fee and not get anything.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    5 is just fine for me.
    And if I ever need more, I'll gladly pay for something like that instead of paying a monthly fee and not get anything.
    That there's no monthly fee is the only reason I tolerate it. Still annoys me("if you buy this game, you get 8 classes to play, but really, you only get 5 unless you shoot us more money!"), but I'll put up with it since I'm not having to pay every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    5 is just fine for me.
    Same thoughts.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

5 is great. Not too much, but I can see myself buying one or two more far in the future, which I will gladly do. Considering I don't have to pay a monthly fee, and I'm guessing that one character slot would be about 10 dollars... Yeah, I'm good with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    The only reason I am really upset about this is because they were 9.99 in GW1, if they are that much in this one I'll be paying around $110 for the game assuming CE isn't more than 80 DX
    Simple answer, at first don't roll more then 5 alts, after getting 5 up and playing through their personal stories (if your in to the PvE stories and not just a PvPer), buy the time you have played 5 toons to cap and completed all their personal storys, buy those 3 extra slots for $30, then think about the fact of how long you really play most single player games that cost $60 when they come out, many of them you may play 30-70 hours and you call it good if it isn't games with multiple different ways to play through. Do you feel that that $30 for three more toons that you can play through the story different will get you atleast 15-35 hours of enjoyment? If so then isn't that $10per extra toon worth it?

Point is if you think about time spent enjoying a game to dollar ratio you then realize that even spending $110 up front gambling on the fact that you will actually enjoy every class and want 3 extra slots, you are still getting a better price then the fun to dollar ratio of most (not all but most) $60 single player games, which is partially why my Indie game collection grows much faster then my "triple A title games", because if the game costs $5, as long as I get 5 hours of enjoyment out of it before going on to another its still a better fun to dollar ratio then a $60 game that has only 35 hours of enjoyment (nearly double even), and for many of my indie games I own I have atleast 20-30 hours enjoyment, heck the 3 Mount and Blade games I picked up for $5 total and I have a good 50 hours between them, and those are ones I just play 10 minutes here 20 minutes there between games I play to completion.

(With that being said I ought to check to see if there is a new humblebundle worth buying yet, can often get some good gems in those for cheap while getting games you normally would never even try for nothing extra which you find out is actually pretty fun.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta buy some extra for my Birthday presents! Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 seems quite fine to me as well, if I manage to put so much time into the game that I 'master' 5 characters that means it good enough to spend some money on it for more character slots.

If you fancy mages ... you get necro, ele, mesmer, guardian, engineer. If you fancy melee you get warrior, guardian, thief, ranger, mesmer. If you fancy having 8 characters regardless of class, you have to support ANET a bit more.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

First video I've seen of GW2..Seem's pretty decent so far.I honestly didn't care for 1. I will give it a try of course.

5 is acceptable. If after 5 different professions i feel the need to go out and experience the remaing 3 professions without losing the ones i already have it then i have the choice of buying additional slots.

I feel they are giving out an acceptable number of slots, likely more then enough for the average player. And for the not-so-average player you atleast have the option of expanding, provided you do not want to lose an existing character. But it is ultimately about bussiness aswell, it is these smaller transactions that they make money on aswell. Considering i wont be forced to drop 15$ a month just to play, i can live with dropping maybe 30$ over an extented period of time to have one of each profession available to me.

Seems like a fair deal, especially since i dont have to.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    Was hoping for 8 slots, for each profession, but meh, they will probably sell character slots for a reasonable price in the Guild Wars 2 Store.
    yep, 5 is fine to start, but i sure hope i can buy enough to have one of each class. I am one to try every class in a game.

It looks really nice. Pretty friendly interface.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    5 is acceptable. If after 5 different professions i feel the need to go out and experience the remaing 3 professions without losing the ones i already have it then i have the choice of buying additional slots.

I feel they are giving out an acceptable number of slots, likely more then enough for the average player. And for the not-so-average player you atleast have the option of expanding, provided you do not want to lose an existing character. But it is ultimately about bussiness aswell, it is these smaller transactions that they make money on aswell. Considering i wont be forced to drop 15$ a month just to play, i can live with dropping maybe 30$ over an extented period of time to have one of each profession available to me.

Seems like a fair deal, especially since i dont have to.
    Most likely they won't be $10 dollars each.

I think in GW they sold them in "packs", and you'd get like 5 for $10 dollars or something.