Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Any idea how this laptop will run?

i3-380m

ati radeon 5650 hd

4gig ram

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    Then what details of the processor should i look to as the minimum?
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better

Its in the specs.

Basically, if you bought your PC during the last 3 years and it has a dedicated GPU, it will run GW2

I'm putting this here for people that don't know the website : http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

Give them some time to add GW2, but you can already test your system against games with similar requirements.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm impressed with the system requirements. My laptop from '05 might be able to barley run GW2. The only thing that worries me is that I'm using an intergrated graphics with 128 MB memory. But everything else, my laptop meets.

Kudos to you Anet, I might be able to game on the go.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Good news for some of you: Kepler will be out in 10 days, and as such expect to see the 570 and 580 drop in prices.

Bad news: It'll only be the GTX 680 for now, and it looks to be around $550. Oddly enough it's the GK104 chip, not the true high end offering in the GK110, which could still be months away. No word on a $300-$400 range Kepler card from Nvidia, yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    I'm putting this here for people that don't know the website : http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

Crysis 2 has just about the same minimum system requirements, only major difference is GW2 takes 25Gigabytes where Crysis 2 only takes 9.

I have an easy way for you guys to guess how well your computer will play the game. How well does your computer run SW:TOR? That's roughly how well you'll run GW2. (Of course the engine will be different; but the graphics settings and typical fps will be similar). They have almost the exact same system reqs. Though the integrated notebook GPU is required to be slightly higher in GW2.
    "Some flies are too awesome for the wall." - Community

I'm hoping to reach Ultra settings with my new notebook I just bought:

i7 2630QM 2.0 Ghz
    GTX 570M 1.5GB GDDR5 overclocked
    16GB DDR3 RAM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Good news for some of you: Kepler will be out in 10 days, and as such expect to see the 570 and 580 drop in prices.

Bad news: It'll only be the GTX 680 for now, and it looks to be around $550. Oddly enough it's the GK104 chip, not the true high end offering in the GK110, which could still be months away. No word on a $300-$400 range Kepler card from Nvidia, yet.
    For those that haven't been following it, the Nvidia GK104 was meant to be the mid range GTX660 for $300-$350, but since AMD's 7000 series is so poor, Nvidia renamed it to the high end GTX680 and bumped the price up to $500-$550. To make matters worse, the GK110 that was meant to be the GTX680 won't be out until late in the year (probably as a GTX780), so Nvidia can try to make people upgrade again for another $500-$550.

I'm raging mad about this at the moment. I've put off upgrading for over 6 months for Kepler, and now it's all been for nothing. After a bit of research and thinking tonight, I'm now leaning towards a HD6870 crossfire setup, which should come close the the GTX660 and only cost $350.

Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better

Its in the specs.

Basically, if you bought your PC during the last 3 years and it has a dedicated GPU, it will run GW2
    False. System requirements specify intel HD3000 as one of the minimum requirement options, which is the integrated GPU in most shipping sandy bridge chips.
    If you have Llano, you have integrated GPU which is at least twice as powerful, and that's being conservative. I do wonder if my E-450 brazos laptop will run it though. GPU on that APU is far above minimum reqs, but CPU may not be up to the task.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 07:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'm raging mad about this at the moment. I've put off upgrading for over 6 months for Kepler, and now it's all been for nothing. After a bit of research and thinking tonight, I'm now leaning towards a HD6870 crossfire setup, which should come close the the GTX660 and only cost $350.
    If you're planning to play GW2 at release on it, don't. Crossfire profiles (which are needed to run games properly on crossfire setups) usually come a month or two AFTER release, even for AAA titles. Before that you either have jury-rigged (and buggy as hell) beta profiles or no profile at all, which means you'll be running the game on one card with other sitting idle at best, and having crossfire running and game running slower then it would on single card at worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    if you're planning to play GW2 at release on it, don't. Crossfire profiles (which are needed to run games properly on crossfire setups) usually come a month or two AFTER release, even for AAA titles. Before that you either have jury-rigged (and buggy as hell) beta profiles or no profile at all, which means you'll be running the game on one card with other sitting idle at best, and having crossfire running and game running slower then it would on single card at worst.
    A single 6870 probably maxes the game anyway.

Deleted
    Hey folks, perfect thread from the seems of it, I'm buying a new laptop in a week or two, Curious as to opinions on how high it'll run it, looking at these minimum settings as a 'base reference point' So it's pure speculations, But it'll be nice to know if theres any last min upgrades to chuck in :P
    Intel I7 quad 2670QM 2.20GHZ 6mb
    8g of ram 1333mhz
    And a 1.5gb gtx 560m
    Think it'll push medium? High? (Thinking mostly of WvWvW maybe causing it to die horrifically in a hot molten pile of plastic)
    Last edited by mmocfcf040fc76; 2012-03-13 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konah-Dunemaul View Post
    Hate to sort of derail a thread slightly, but would i be able to run GW2?

I'll just post what i think is neccessary

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6750, 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory - 4096MB RAM
    Card name - NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    Memory - 4096MB RAM
    You should be fine but id consider a new custom rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    A single 6870 probably maxes the game anyway.
    Well, if you're one of the few people with hardcore monitors running huge resolutions and ridiculous FSAA and AF settings...

But for vast majority of people, you're most likely correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosvidaniya View Post
    snip
    That game would be the worst indicator of performance ever. I exceeded recommended hardware and it still performed like garbage.

I am curious as to how GW2 will perform on the same requirements. If it performs as poorly as the game I shall not mention, then I shall take back every bad thing I ever said about it.
    I like sandwiches

kind of dissapointed with the collector edition features....
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    Processor: AMD A6-3400m 1.4 GHZ
    Graphics: Radeon HD 6720
    Ram: 6GB DDR3
    All taken from some review.
    Waiting on GW2 and Z.O.E. HD collection.
    Currently playing WoW and hating YGO.
    My Feral druid Main
    And most importantly I shall give you the means to travel faster than the fastest starship. To soar to the ends of the universe and beyond.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    That game would be the worst indicator of performance ever. I exceeded recommended hardware and it still performed like garbage.

I am curious as to how GW2 will perform on the same requirements. If it performs as poorly as the game I shall not mention, then I shall take back every bad thing I ever said about it.
    Guild wars 2 uses Umbra 3 Occlusion Culling, google it, this program renders only what should be visible, which improves frame rates even on low end machines, and allows for more detail on what can be seen, this other game you mention did not use it, ironically another game that company made did.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TigglyBiggly View Post
    Processor: AMD A6-3400m 1.4 GHZ
    Graphics: Radeon HD 6720
    Ram: 6GB DDR3
    All taken from some review.
    The cpu is weak, the vid card is a 50 doller model, Go for 6870 6970 or some nvidia equivalent.
    As for cpu anything under 3GHZ i would not even invest in unless someone can prove me wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Guild wars 2 uses Umbra 3 Occlusion Culling, google it, this program renders only what should be visible, which improves frame rates even on low end machines, and allows for more detail on what can be seen, this other game you mention did not use it, ironically another game that company made did.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 09:33 PM ----------

The cpu is weak, the vid card is a 50 doller model, Go for 6870 6970 or some nvidia equivalent.
    As for cpu anything under 3GHZ i would not even invest in unless someone can prove me wrong here.
    That CPU is the Llano, and the graphics are integrated into the CPU.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-a6-3500-apu-review/1

It's not very good but it'll work. The 1.4 clock is lower than it should be though.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    That CPU is the Llano, and the graphics are integrated into the CPU.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-a6-3500-apu-review/1

It's not very good but it'll work. The 1.4 clock is lower than it should be though.
    Thanks, that's all I needed to know.
    Waiting on GW2 and Z.O.E. HD collection.
    Currently playing WoW and hating YGO.
    My Feral druid Main
    And most importantly I shall give you the means to travel faster than the fastest starship. To soar to the ends of the universe and beyond.....