10+ Year Old Account
    Yea let's just saw the Blackhawks meant to loose their games at the losing streak. *Sneaky smile* We're not that bad, ha even with that keeper we would still blow the teams away! *Sarcasme off*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Honestly I'd pick Dallas to win that series. How far do high explosive offensive teams with a shaky goaltender and terrible defense make it? Plus Lehtonen has started to play like he did earlier in the season.
    Dallas is playing damn good of late for sure. I think they are 9-0-1 in their last ten. Not to be a downer, but they didn't play shit during those ten games though. They beat Vancouver twice and Chicago once and lost to the Pens in OT. The other six games were against non-playoff teams. Outside of those three wins, Dallas hasn't beaten a playoff teams since they beat Nashville January 5th. Prior to their current run, they were 1-7-1 against teams in the playoffs in 2012. Not buying into them at all. The Stars end their season with six games against playoff teams (Chicago, Phoenix, Vancouverx2, Nashville and St Louis) play fringe playoff teams four times (San Josex2, Winnipeg, Calgaryx2) and play two cupcake games Minnesota and Edmonton both on the road. Leading Phoenix by two points (Dallas game in hand) and San Jose by four points (San Jose game in hand), I don't even think Dallas will be a playoff team when all is said and done. They have a miserable record against playoff teams and are facing a tremendously tough remaining schedule.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 02:04 PM ----------

Also, I might snap if the two worst attended teams in the NHL by an enormous margin make the playoffs. Dallas and Phoenix fill about 70% of their stadium for home games. Fucking pathetic for teams that are actually in the playoff/division winner hunt. Columbus, having the one of the worst seasons in years, laughs at those attendance numbers. That is how pathetic it is that those franchises (at least Phoenix) continue to exist.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 02:19 PM ----------

Hybrid icing apparently got full support from the GMs so expect them to tweak it and have that implemented next season.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-13 at 08:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Dallas is playing damn good of late for sure. I think they are 9-0-1 in their last ten. Not to be a downer. they didn't play shit during those ten games though. They beat Vancouver twice and Chicago once and lost to the Pens in OT. The other seven games were against non-playoff teams. Outside of those three wins, Dallas hasn't beaten a playoff teams since they beat Nashville January 5th. Prior to their current run, they were 1-7-1 against teams in the playoffs in 2012. Not buying into them at all. The Stars end their season with six games against playoff teams (Chicago, Phoenix, Vancouverx2, Nashville and St Louis) play fringe playoff teams four times (San Josex2, Winnipeg, Calgaryx2) and play two cupcake games Minnesota and Edmonton both on the road. Leading Phoenix by two points (Dallas game in hand) and San Jose by four points (San Jose game in hand), I don't even think Dallas will be a playoff team when all is said and done. They have a miserable record against playoff teams and are facing a tremendously tough remaining schedule.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 02:04 PM ----------

Also, I might snap if the two worst attended teams in the NHL by an enormous margin make the playoffs. Dallas and Phoenix fill about 70% of their stadium for home games. Fucking pathetic for teams that are actually in the playoff/division winner hunt. Columbus, having the one of the worst seasons in years, laughs at those attendance numbers. That is how pathetic it is that those franchises (at least Phoenix) continue to exist.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 02:19 PM ----------

Hybrid icing apparently got full support from the GMs so expect them to tweak it and have that implemented next season.
    Phoenix is a full house when Detroit comes to town...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I woulden't underestimate Dallas. If you actually look at their team, its a really solid lineup. Obviously they aren't the caliber of team as the other 2 division leaders but I think they could make it out of the first round if they ended up facing Chicago. Pretty much depends if Lehtonen can hold it together in the playoffs I'd say. We'll learn a lot from their upcoming schedule how well they'll actually do in the playoffs. Also, gigantic game tonight Flames vs Sharks, this is usually the pivotal game where if Calgary wins, they keep rolling. But if they lose, they tend to go on a 1-2 game losing streak and let it slip away. As much as I'd love to see my team in the playoffs I don't think they'll pull it off. Another game I'll be at, so should be entertaining if anything.

Looks like the Preds could be getting Radulov before the end of the season. Still can't decide if I would like it or not.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Don't understand this. Why do they like hybrid icing but are against no touch icing? Also, on your point about Dallas and Phoenix having horrible attendance records, considering Texas has two teams of every major sport except hockey, I could see the Stars having trouble with fan stability. And the sad thing is that it wasn't forever ago that the Stars won the Cup either.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-03-13 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Don't understand this. Why do they like hybrid icing but are against no touch icing?
    They still want their to be a meaningful race, I'd assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    avery is retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Well I'm just optimistic and hope they'll win. But if I'm honest I think they'll loose, but don't tell anyone. Always hope for the best.
    How could I forget Mikkel :-( also there's Larsen in Dallas. The only thing we in Denmark hear from the NHL is when they make points. I wish Hansen played for another team, so I actually could cheer abit more when he scores.
    edit: A bit old news but Toews might ght return tomorrow, so that is really good news for the Hawks, I just hope isn't to early.
    What about Lars Eller?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tyler Myers suspended 3 games for an illegal hit on Scott Gomez.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    avery is retiring
    When you can't even get a gig in the AHL, retirement seems like a better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sean Avery still has more money than any of us will likely ever have. And he got it for basically being a real life troll.

Now doesn't that just make you feel good about yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Sean Avery still has more money than any of us will likely ever have. And he got it for basically being a real life troll.

Now doesn't that just make you feel good about yourself.

whose to say he has any.. you don't know what those guys do with their cash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    avery is retiring
    Sad day. One of my favorite NHL personalities to never quite reach his on ice potential. He will be forever immortalized with the Sean Avery rule that you can't be a moron and face the goalie and wave your stick in his face. Kind of sad that he was a Wing and they even couldn't get him to develop like he should have.

15+ Year Old Account
    so Boston is doing a thoroughly good job of embarrassing the piss out of themselves against the Bolts.
    end of 1st: Tampa 4. Boston 0.

Seriously Boston, its the GOD DAMN BOLTS. seriously.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, another night of bullshit officiating where they call stupid shit against the Leafs but let blatant high sticks and hooks slide against the Panthers. Smart referees are smart....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yay, another night of bullshit officiating where they call stupid shit against the Leafs but let blatant high sticks and hooks slide against the Panthers. Smart referees are smart....
    smart referees? in proffesional sports? do you want to eat that cake too?

10+ Year Old Account
    We love to give quality scoring chances away.

15+ Year Old Account
    wow Chicago. WoW.

your getting out offensed by the lack of offense Blues?
    Seriously?
    Seriously?

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 09:19 PM ----------

3 goals on 6 shots.
    and you guys say you love emery >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not blaming Emery. One was a ridiculous gaff by Hammer giving Langenbrunner a beautiful opportunity, another was a deflection, and the third one was just a great play (created off a neutral zone turnover). Would be nice if he would have made the saves but definitely not blaming him.