Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Mars? Are you serious?

Can we have some pictures of that? :3
    Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00
    While those of us who have ever played a video game before, stop and think "Gas coming from the walls. probably don't wanna touch that"

Quote Originally Posted by Sýf View Post
    You've placed your RAM sticks in the wrong slots; They should match their colours for performance. I'm a bit unsure how this applies to lga2011, but I think it's still true.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    My current setup, updated from my 990x:

Case: Coolermaster Cosmos II
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3960x (100% stable at 4.6, could be stable at 4.9 with extreme LLC)
    MB: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline DDR3-2133
    GPU: Dual EVGA GTX-590 Classified
    Storage: 2 Crucial C-300 SSDs, 4 WD C-Black 1TB, 2 drives in Hotswap

Cooling:
    CPU block: Koolance CPU-370
    GPU blocks: Koolance VID-NX590
    Reservoir: Koolance RP-402x2
    Pumps: Dual Koolance PMP-400
    Radiators: 360MM Koolance and 240MM Coolermaster radiators
    Fan Control; Corsair Link for the radiators, built in case controller for everything else

the GPUs are cooled through the 360MM rad, and the CPU through the 240MM rad, im using CM Blademaster PWM fans on the radiators, and they are controlled via the Link Commander, which automatically sets speeds based on the internal hardware temperature sensors

Monitor: Dell 27" Ultrasharp 2711 2560x1440 IPS panel

Audio:
    Xonar Xense soundcard with the Sennheiser PC-350s for gaming, the Dell sound bar is also plugged into the Xense for quieter external sound when needed
    Xonar Essence One (USB in/XLR out)
    Speakers: KRK Rokit 8 G2 Studio Monitors (XLR)
    Sub: KRK 10s (XLR)

Accessories:
    KB: Ducky 9008 Shine Backlit Mechanical (MX Blacks, English with Chinese lettering keycaps)
    Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 9 (set at 5600 DPI)
    Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Speed

[images!]
    Now all you need is a UPS to protect all that from power fluctuation!
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    You've placed your RAM sticks in the wrong slots; They should match their colours for performance. I'm a bit unsure how this applies to lga2011, but I think it's still true.
    Yeah, I've done so. Before this build the last time I built a computer was about 3 years ago, so I easily forgot. So thanks to Cyanotical for the tip, and yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00
    While those of us who have ever played a video game before, stop and think "Gas coming from the walls. probably don't wanna touch that"

15+ Year Old Account
    <Snip>
    That's just awesome Looks like a lot of work was put in to little details, love it!

Did that radiator come with a fan shroud by the way or what's that? And aren't you getting your neck hurt with a big screen like that at that position?

Deleted
    Rigs like Cyanotical's make mine, and my whole setup look cheap.

I don't think I posted these pictures yet, so now that imgur.com finally works again...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Rigs like Cyanotical's make mine, and my whole setup look cheap.
    Well finally he posted some good pictures, got the One, the Rokits, ahhh too gorgeous!

I'll be with you Prixie on having cheap-looking setups! :P

I'll be honest though - I'm thinking about perhaps getting some KRK Rokit 5 monitors to put on either side of my drumset, since they would be enough... just $300 is a lot to part with right now.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    This is my gaming room;

51" Plasma 600HZ Tv, PS3, and the pc (details below!)

The rig:

Antec P193 Advanced Midi Tower
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
    Kingston DDR3 HyperX T1 2000MHz 6GB
    Cooler Master GX 750W PSU
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB
    Corsair SSD Force Series 3, 120GB
    MSI 870A-G54, Socket-AM3
    GK PCIe GB GF GTX 570 v 2.0 Windforce - Originally had (for about 8 months) XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 - Demo, as such the fan ran very unsmooth.

The other stuff:

Philips 273E 27" 1080p LED
    Logitech G15 mk2
    Razer Naga
    Koss HQ2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Now all you need is a UPS to protect all that from power fluctuation!
    not sure on that one, our electricity is rather good, and i don't really think i need one

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    That's just awesome Looks like a lot of work was put in to little details, love it!

Did that radiator come with a fan shroud by the way or what's that? And aren't you getting your neck hurt with a big screen like that at that position?
    my desk is not that tall actually, the center of my monitor is about -4 inches from my eye level when sitting up straight, and centered when reclining

not sure on that one, our electricity is rather good, and i don't really think i need one
    Afaik the good ones will protect you from lightning aswell, fe. if lightning would strike on your powerline anything connected to it will be destroyed, i'm no electricity expert, but afaik they should do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zachie View Post
    Afaik the good ones will protect you from lightning aswell, fe. if lightning would strike on your powerline anything connected to it will be destroyed, i'm no electricity expert, but afaik they should do that.
    Yup most decent PSU's have a damn good circuit breaker. But since peripherals tend to need seperate power, it's good to have them on a decent power board.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zachie View Post
    nothing protects from a direct lightning strike, (like a strike on the power line outside your house) but where i live all power, cable, and phone lines are underground, only high power transmission lines from power plants are open, but they are not grounded so lighting will strike the tower, but not the line itself, and if it does strike the line, a transformer would blow first, long before it ever reaches a house, if you are really worried about your computer, get some form of insurance

also, from what i've read, an UPS causes a good amount of interference on powered studio monitors like the RP8s

Cooler Master HAF 932 Big Tower
    Intel i5-2500K @ 4.8 GHZ
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB (4x4GB)
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3, Socket-1155
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Twin Frozr III PE
    Corsair AX 750W PSU
    Noctua NH-D14
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
    OCZ SSD Vertex 3 240GB

BenQ 24” LED G2420HDBL
    Razer Mamba
    Logitech G110
    Steelseries Siberia v2

Could add pictures later, but I have to clean my desk first
    Last edited by Thoroar; 2012-04-05 at 08:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AtaraxyDarkmoonFaire View Post
    What fans are those? Do they come with the case or did you buy them separately?
    I'm still looking for 200mm fans with blue LED's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Well finally he posted some good pictures, got the One, the Rokits, ahhh too gorgeous!

I'll be with you Prixie on having cheap-looking setups! :P

I'll be honest though - I'm thinking about perhaps getting some KRK Rokit 5 monitors to put on either side of my drumset, since they would be enough... just $300 is a lot to part with right now.
    if you are willing to part with $300, why not save up for a bit longer and get the Rokit8s, because eventually you are gonna want to get them or something similar anyway

also, i forgot a pic :P

Do you two live in the same room, just in alternate dimensions? /noticing it appears very similar

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    What fans are those? Do they come with the case or did you buy them separately?
    I'm still looking for 200mm fans with blue LED's
    Cooler Master MegaFlows it looks like (which are awesome fans)... but I did notice that Newegg didn't have any last time I checked.

BitFenix also makes some 200mm with LED's but will cost you a good bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing protects from a direct lightning strike, (like a strike on the power line outside your house) but where i live all power, cable, and phone lines are underground, only high power transmission lines from power plants are open, but they are not grounded so lighting will strike the tower, but not the line itself, and if it does strike the line, a transformer would blow first, long before it ever reaches a house, if you are really worried about your computer, get some form of insurance

also, from what i've read, an UPS causes a good amount of interference on powered studio monitors like the RP8s
    We got round this by installing a copper grounding strip on the roof. Granted it still doesn't protect you from strikes at the transformer box (beyond your control) but it sure does help reduce the risk that the power line directly connected to the building will be hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    We got round this by installing a copper grounding strip on the roof. Granted it still doesn't protect you from strikes at the transformer box (beyond your control) but it sure does help reduce the risk that the power line directly connected to the building will be hit.
    We have a lightning conductor that runs from the chimney pots to the ground down the outside wall of the house. We actually got a hit on it a couple of years ago when lightning struck nearby. While we heard a massive crack when it hit (like somebody cracked a whip next to your ear but many times louder), it had absolutely no effect on the computers and TVs that were switched on at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Cooler Master MegaFlows it looks like (which are awesome fans)... but I did notice that Newegg didn't have any last time I checked.

BitFenix also makes some 200mm with LED's but will cost you a good bit more.
    I found these NZXT ones on newegg, the user reviews look quite good. At $28 a pop (+$4 shipping) they aren't cheap though.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-03-14 at 11:33 AM.