Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Girlfriend complaining about "female friends"(guy Point of View)

As the title says, my girlfriend has lately been complaining about my "female friends"(as she so boldly calls them), what can I do to assure her its nothing but friendship?

Nothing. She will not trust or believe you no matter what.

I think everyone else will say the same ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    girls are funny like that "what you have a female friend? you're obviously sleeping with her!" "oh this guy? hes been my friend forever! i just get along better with guys" dont try to wrap your head around it, there is no logic when dealing with a female.

<women> be crazy.

They can have 2000+ male friends on facebook, but you even have one female friend they flip their shit.

Don't refer to women as bitches. - Dacien
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-03-14 at 09:46 PM.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Just one question, does she have male friends? If so, there's your defense, otherwise, meet your female friends with her, let her see you guys hanging out together to reassure her its nothing... Unless you're actually banging her, if so... Same thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn`t trust be the most important thing in a relationship?
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

So I suppose all girls are like this?

Guy example: Dude! I had the craziest shit going on today, I was driving a car with chris and Catherina, suddently it goes all white and these small guys scan us!
    Guy respondse: What the fuck have you been smoking?

But if you tell your girlfriend the story she'll hear this: bla bla bla bla catherina bla bla bla
    Response: Who's Catherina?

I suppose this is quite right

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    So I suppose all girls are like this?

Guy example: Dude! I had the craziest shit going on today, I was driving a car with chris and Catherina, suddently it goes all white and these small guys scan us!
    Guy respondse: What the fuck have you been smoking?

But if you tell your girlfriend the story she'll hear this: bla bla bla bla catherina bla bla bla
    Response: Who's Catherina?

I suppose this is quite right
    Spot on, old bean.

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    not *all* girls are like this, obv. you're gonna have those girls who are like "derpderp i dont mind" let me tell you...its bullshit, ive be with my wife for 10 years never cheated, never flirted with another women etc. and she STILL raises an eyebrow with me if i say i was talking to a women for longer than 10 mins and not giving directions somewhere. women are naturally selfconcious no matter how much they obnoxiously try not to be. its just something you're gonna have to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    As the title says, my girlfriend has lately been complaining about my "female friends"(as she so boldly calls them), what can I do to assure her its nothing but friendship?
    Nothing you can do will change her mind. Unless you're in the relationship for fun, you're going to be wasting your time now.

doesn't matter if they say they care or not, they care. you'd care if it was flipped around and you can deny it all you want, but you'd care just the same

nothing anyone can do about it, you have to constantly choose what's more important in life and give up the rest.

This is simply a matter of trust..

And to be honest, as people copy their own type of behavoir on what they expect from others, she might be like that...

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    doesn't matter if they say they care or not, they care. you'd care if it was flipped around and you can deny it all you want, but you'd care just the same

nothing anyone can do about it, you have to constantly choose what's more important in life and give up the rest.
    sounds like a woman poster to me

Try to get your girlfriend to be friends with these other girls. And anytime she brings them up, kiss her and tell her that you've only got eyes for her.

Either way, its a territory thing.

One thing, none of these girls are ex-girlfriends, are they? Cause if they are, that is asking for trouble.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2012-03-14 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    sounds like a woman poster to me
    nah i'm a guy who's had sex with "just friends" while my wife/gf was at home

i said the same thing, meant it, then realized i didn't really care in the end.

i've been with my ex gf's recently even though they're in a relationship and guess what they say to their BF/fiancee?

"we're just friends"

if a relationship is worth it, you'll not want to cheat. most of them aren't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    girls are funny like that "what you have a female friend? you're obviously sleeping with her!" "oh this guy? hes been my friend forever! i just get along better with guys" dont try to wrap your head around it, there is no logic when dealing with a female.
    ^ Pretty Much hit the nail on the head.*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Nothing. She will not trust or believe you no matter what.

I think everyone else will say the same ^^
    Wrong, i am completely fine that my Husband has female friends... only Females with issues have issues with men having Female friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    A relationship without trust won't go anywhere good. You're best off dumping her now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Shouldn`t trust be the most important thing in a relationship?
    You'd think so, but I've come to believe that trust is more of a goal than a reality. I don't believe I've ever met a couple that genuinely trusted each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you can do is rely on her to trust you. As long as you do not give her a reason not to trust you, like by being unfaithful, then she has no reason not to trust you. If she still doesn't trust you, then it's time to move on. A relationship without mutual trust is doomed to fail.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    You'd think so, but I've come to believe that trust is more of a goal than a reality. I don't believe I've ever met a couple that genuinely trusted each other.
    Been with my g/f for almost 4 years now, we both have male and female friends. In the beginning we lived in the same town, a year and half later i moved an hour away. i came back and 6 months later she moved an hour and a half away to go to college. We have and will continue to have the utmost trust in each other.

I know this because we have discussed how happy we are that we can trust each other this much. (and no, neither of us are undesirable people, we both getting plenty of people interested in us, but love prevails every time)