Deleted
    Soooooooo I got it anyway (and the DLC, sue me), and I don't get the massive hate against it tbh. Feels more like I'm playing a movie really but I like it. I haven't finished it yet so I don't know the endings, but up till now I like it. That Prothean assault rifle is beyond OP though, so I don't use it. That and why on earth would I buy a Cerberus armor? I'm shooting them in every fricking mission and I told the Illusive Man to fuck off.

Oh and it takes to long before I meet Tali, I mean 1 moment we're doing bed sports and the next game I haven't seen her yet in 14 hours playtime, no one even mentioned her yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Soooooooo I got it anyway (and the DLC, sue me), and I don't get the massive hate against it tbh. Feels more like I'm playing a movie really but I like it. I haven't finished it yet so I don't know the endings, but up till now I like it. That Prothean assault rifle is beyond OP though, so I don't use it. That and why on earth would I buy a Cerberus armor? I'm shooting them in every fricking mission and I told the Illusive Man to fuck off.

Oh and it takes to long before I meet Tali, I mean 1 moment we're doing bed sports and the next game I haven't seen her yet in 14 hours playtime, no one even mentioned her yet.
    It's a shame because it's actually a rather memorable game in many regards. So many scenes will stick with you and youll be moved. People are upset at the developer for whatever perceived grievances and they are letting that cloud their judgement of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

She's a busy lady these days! >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    To add to this: For me this is how that scene played out - Get out of the elevator, Kaidan's like "This looks bad" to which I pull a paragon move of lowering my weapons. I tell Kaidan I can explain everything and Udina's behind it all, he says "I better not regret this" or smthing like that. Udina pulls a gun and I get the chance to shoot him with renegade option. Did not romance Kaidan. Not sure if how it went for me was the "talk down" scenario y'all are talking about or not.
    Oooh yeah, good point. It actually played out like that for me, but I was expecting a Paragon option after you get the Renegade trigger to shoot Udina.

This is something I'm not sure should be tagged or not buuut playing it safe again!

I just bumped into James and Garrus talking about some "game on" the Crew Deck. Oh this was hilarious.

James: [I]Are you afraid to play the game, Garrus? What are you? A chicken?[/I]
    Garrus:[I] I don't even know what that is! All I know is that everything in the universe appearently tastes like it...[/I]

Awwwh... Garrus is just so adorably oblivious! <3 :'D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Oooh yeah, good point. It actually played out like that for me, but I was expecting a Paragon option after you get the Renegade trigger to shoot Udina.

This is something I'm not sure should be tagged or not buuut playing it safe again!

I just bumped into James and Garrus talking about some "game on" the Crew Deck. Oh this was hilarious.

James: [I]Are you afraid to play the game, Garrus? What are you? A chicken?[/I]
    Garrus:[I] I don't even know what that is! All I know is that everything in the universe appearently tastes like it...[/I]

Awwwh... Garrus is just so adorably oblivious! <3 :'D
    Oh I love those conversations. Have you heard the bragging contest between Garrus and James? By the end of it I was like "=.= you guys know I'm standing right here listening to y'all right?"

I want to see more Mass Effect. Not just because of the ending, but because I love the universe overall.

It's just kinda frustrating it's just hints at this point! Obviously they can't let it all out yet, but it's just like.. I don't know should I be bouncing up and down in joy or should I be preparing for the worst.
    "Has Liara stopped bouncing yet? I guess there may have been some bouncing?"

Deleted
    Oh I love those conversations. Have you heard the bragging contest between Garrus and James? By the end of it I was like "=.= you guys know I'm standing right here listening to y'all right?"
    I actually heard it just now too. Such macho men!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i wasn't even trying to romance kaiden i was just being friendly and picking the top right options :S the next thing i know hes in bed with my character
    Throughout ME1 and a bit in ME2 I saw Kaiden as a best friend, then right at the end of ME3 I get a mail from him asking me to dinner, I thought what the hell friends can have a meal together, I meet up with him and he basically comes out and tells me he’s gay. I'm not homophobic but that moment actually caused me to like him less and be a bit wary. Either way it made for some good drama, it was a shock to me and i didnt flirt with him once.

Their was a conversation between the two of them (james and garrus) where They both kinda talk shit to each other but in the end get together to save the universe from the reapers with a little help from their friends but mostly just james I chuckled

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    No its not happening. Casey in some interview somewhere or another said somethign to that effect. He said the turn around time on this game was alot quicker since they knew they weren't making another one. The above twitter feeds lead me to suspect they have something in store in terms of a dlc either planned ahead of time or in response to user feedback. Either way I think it's fair to say something is coming down the pipe line.
    He said the Shep story is now over that does not mean there won't be a ME4, we could see a whole different character and time.

Edit: Found where i read it.

Looking to the future, what sort of Mass Effects are possible without Shepard?

Without going down any specific path, you can think of many, many different areas throughout the IP, throughout the history, where there are large wars to be won, large battles to be had, and a lot of development to be done around where these races came from, how they came about. We have so much to draw from.

We haven't made a decision about whether we'll do anything in the future, but if we were to do something, we just have a lot of information to choose from. If you boot up Mass Effect 3 and look through the codices you'll see we have tonnes and tonnes of backstory. Obviously, for Mass Effect 3 it's Shepard's story and this is where Shepard's story finishes, but the future is wide open for what we can possibly do.
    Last edited by Toccs; 2012-03-15 at 03:36 PM.

Game was fucking perfect up until the beam for me. Only thing I missed is the data I gathered for myself in that Cerberus Operative interrogation side quest in ME2. Perhaps there was something for it if I had sent it to Alliance or Cerberus.

Anyways: Appareantly Jacob hates condoms more than he loves you. Brynn is still knocked up no matter what romance option you went along with.

Thane dies due to his illness, the sword wound is minor but his blood cells lacking oxygen is major. He dies even if you ignore him in citadel so Kirrahe sacrifices himself (A silly way to die tbh. It would make more sense if the stealthed salarian is Jondam Bau.) If Kirrahe and Thane dies, Salarian councilor dies. Otherwise one of them will interrupt the assasination.

If Tali does not survive, Shala'Raan will cover for her in the story. Don't know if she commits suicide like tali though.

About "Jersey shoreification" I've seen in the net though...

James is a good written character if you ask me. He clearly has issues with his past, and if you keep talking to him his attitude towards you shifts quite a lot. He's a grunt, just alliance model instead of Krogan this time.

Diana Allers I largely ignored. Didn't had any need to go check on her, and a few times I did I only got the option to kick her out. It seems she is just a bimbo for a romance option and not much else. I've seen a whole lot of rage agaisnt these two characters and to be honest I just don't get why we can't have a muscular marine in the ship.

Traynor is fucking awesome. Too bad she doesn't swing my way though. The accent, the shyness, then the cheerful attitude. She is like Kelly but a bit better.
    Last edited by Scorage; 2012-03-15 at 03:38 PM.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Throughout ME1 and a bit in ME2 I saw Kaiden as a best friend, then right at the end of ME3 I get a mail from him asking me to dinner, I thought what the hell friends can have a meal together, I meet up with him and he basically comes out and tells me he’s gay. I'm not homophobic but that moment actually caused me to like him less and be a bit wary. Either way it made for some good drama, it was a shock to me and i didnt flirt with him once.
    Honestly, from the start, Kaidan has always had a crush on Shepard. Atleast, that's how it felt to me. I mean, he's in the same boat as Liara and Tali. They're young, and impressionable. Shepard becomes this larger than life sort of person, not surprising that S/he would pick up a few fans along the way, and they just happen to be along for the crazy missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    James is a good written character if you ask me. He clearly has issues with his past, and if you keep talking to him his attitude towards you shifts quite a lot. He's a grunt, just alliance model instead of Krogan this time.

I was surprised how much I liked james. He really does look like ronnie from the jersey shore and I coulda swore they wrote him in the game to be something like that. His character is actually really cool. I enjoyed the conversations with him.

I dunno, the friendly options up to that point seemed borderline flirtatious to me. Also, he's clearly not gay; his last relationship was with a woman, and femshep can romance him in both ME1 and 3. So...he's bi I guess. The only full on gay character is Cortez. As in, if you're femshep he's not interested in you in the least. Oh, apparently you can also flirt with James as either femshep or mshep.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It's a shame because it's actually a rather memorable game in many regards. So many scenes will stick with you and youll be moved. People are upset at the developer for whatever perceived grievances and they are letting that cloud their judgement of the game.
    Ever heard that a dessert can make or break an entire meal?

I would agree that the ending wouldn't be quite as important, if it weren't for the fact that it's the ending of the entire 3-part-series aswell as the fact that all of ME3 is story driven and all your actions have the ending as a goal.

If the game actually were all about the journey, then I, and possibly many others, would not be quite as disappointed. It isn't, though.

PS: Almost forgot to mention a game that is all about the journey: Final Fantasy XIII-2... well, pretty much every single Final Fantasy game. <-<

Deleted
    I actually like James too. He seems like an all tough up army guy, but he softens up along the way. I mean he sees Shepard as such an icon and a friend that he wants her/his opinion whether he should join the N7-program or not. Plus I like the little flirting him and my Shepard got going on. It seems to be nothing but friendly teasing and I find it really refreshing. Though I don't know how I really feel about the nickname "Lola". I like Sparks and Scars, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Traynor is fucking awesome. Too bad she doesn't swing my way though. The accent, the shyness, then the cheerful attitude. She is like Kelly but a bit better.

Tell me about it..! i was playing chess in my room with her *rubbing my hands, thinking this is it* then she tells me she likes girls i was so disappointed, bloody cock tease poor Shep.

Honestly, from the start, Kaidan has always had a crush on Shepard. Atleast, that's how it felt to me. I mean, he's in the same boat as Liara and Tali. They're young, and impressionable. Shepard becomes this larger than life sort of person, not surprising that S/he would pick up a few fans along the way, and they just happen to be along for the crazy missions.
    I never picked up on that, my gaydar must be broken.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually like James too. He seems like an all tough up army guy, but he softens up along the way. I mean he sees Shepard as such an icon and a friend that he wants her/his opinion whether he should join the N7-program or not. Plus I like the little flirting him and my Shepard got going on. It seems to be nothing but friendly teasing and I find it really refreshing. Though I don't know how I really feel about the nickname "Lola". I like Sparks and Scars, though.
    I kind of like Lola. heh. I've heard James call Garrus "Scars" before, havent heard him call anyone Sparks though...who's that for?

I never picked up on that, my gaydar must be broken.
    *shrug* Like I said, from the start it's always seemed to me that Kaidan has a crush on Shepard. Well..maybe not so much a crush at the beginning of the first one but big admiration for you and it only deepens as Shepard and he go through the events of the first game together.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2012-03-15 at 03:51 PM.

Hah he calls male sheppard "Loco" IIRC crazy in spanish so good

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I dunno, the friendly options up to that point seemed borderline flirtatious to me. Also, he's clearly not gay; his last relationship was with a woman, and femshep can romance him in both ME1 and 3. So...he's bi I guess. The only full on gay character is Cortez. As in, if you're femshep he's not interested in you in the least. Oh, apparently you can also flirt with James as either femshep or mshep.
    I seriously didn't get that feeling he felt like a Garrus to me. I was expecting that meal to be like the bromance me and Garrus had but nope.