Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Goal:

Be the first Guild Wars 2 official Forum MVP.

=D

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlekinFilx View Post
    Goal:

Be the first Guild Wars 2 official Forum MVP.

=D
    If they even have those. ^^

I can never articulate my thoughts clearly enough to become a mod or an mvp even though I think it would be really cool. Someone like fencers would be a shoe-in for MVP imo because she's impartial in most discussions. I'm WAY too hotheaded and sometimes I become irrational if my emotions take over.

Every 30 days or so I'd swing my ban hammer around and then cry and apologize. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Someone like fencers would be a shoe-in for MVP imo because she's impartial in most discussions.
    Naw, she looks down her nose too much. ^_^
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when the WoW official forums were actually great. Even server forums were active. You can go on to the class forums and get legitimate help, and people wrote some solid guides. Around the time the game blew up to 7 million subs and/or arenas came into play, I think is when they went really downhill. It's really too bad though, because from a technical standpoint, WoW's forums have always been light years ahead of any forums I ever visited. For a few years I didn't pay much attention to other forums and other games, but when my WoW playtime slowed down, I noticed that pretty much every official forum was just godaweful. Mind you Rift's seem okay, but SWTORs community forums are horrid. Who knows, GW2s could be good, I'll just wait and see really, but I think it'll more than likely be a sounding board for complaints and crying.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Naw, she looks down her nose too much. ^_^
    Only at people wrong. Or stupid. Stupidly wrong.

On the internet. /rawr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Only at people wrong. Or stupid. Stupidly wrong.

On the internet. /rawr
    My point being that moderators don't really get to do that. >_>;
    Or rather, shouldn't.

I know in my case, I tend to get too passionate and opinionated about topics to actually remain objectively neutral, as much as I'd like to return to moderating again.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Someone like fencers would be a shoe-in for MVP imo because she's impartial in most discussions.
    I personally enjoy Fencers posts and agree to a point, but the few times she's not impartial...she's REALLY not impartial :P No offense Fencers I enjoy that aspect of your posts as well, though I know there are probably more than a few people off put by it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nalvaudi View Post
    Source = bolded part from the latest blog post.

http://www.arena.net/blog/building-community
    If they moderate them HARD, I will enjoy using them.

10+ Year Old Account
    and of course the first thing I notice is the liliana shirt

I need to get a life ><
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to think I respect people's opinions, but the problem is that most people write their opinion as fact and it kind annoys the ever living out of me.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    My point being that moderators don't really get to do that. >_>;
    Or rather, shouldn't.
    I think Mods should though!

Plus, yar, I was joking around a bit. ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    If they moderate them HARD, I will enjoy using them.
    It looks like they will, Martin Kerstein quotes inc :

No, it is actually easy. There is no rule that you have to tolerate obnoxious behaviour. If people want to be "cool kids on the internet", they can do so. But not on our forums.
    Just to make this point clear: Many of us have been around gaming communities for a long time, as players as well as professionals. We are not naive. There was a lot of research and thought behind what we want to achieve.

And i am sure a lot of people might have to adjust their online behaviour, which is probably a good thing.
    Seems like they'll be rather strict
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really didn't mean for my post to open up a big discussion about fencers posting habits. I just thought she did a good job at staying impartial. I hope I didn't make things awkward for you Fence.

K cutting it out now. :P

YAY FORUMS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nalvaudi View Post
    Idk is anyone else noticed the strategically placed Rytlock action figure on their shelf at the bottom of that blog post. Subliminal marketing to show how their's is the largest figure or something. ./stretch :-p
    Like girls try to take photos from different angles to make their breasts look bigger

Anyway, no feelings over this, I will just feel sad for ArenaNet if the forums will be filled with non constructive posts about certain professions being overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Like girls try to take photos from different angles to make their breasts look bigger

Anyway, no feelings over this, I will just feel sad for ArenaNet if the forums will be filled with non constructive posts about certain professions being overpowered.
    Lol or how some guys cross their arms and stick their hands under their arm flab trying to create the illusion of bigger biceps? I always laugh when I see that.

Anyway, I really think the statue looks great, and the shelf thing miiiight have been subliminal marketing or they could have just added to their display.

..Lol, nah it's probably marketing. But you can't fault them for that since everyone was all like "WTF 150 DOLLARS for a statue?"

Deleted
    Lol or how some guys cross their arms and stick their hands under their arm flab trying to create the illusion of bigger biceps? I always laugh when I see that.

Anyway, I really think the statue looks great, and the shelf thing miiiight have been subliminal marketing or they could have just added to their display.

..Lol, nah it's probably marketing. But you can't fault them for that since everyone was all like "WTF 150 DOLLARS for a statue?"
    That statue is really cool, and it looks pretty detailed from what Jon Peters showed through that live Q&A earlier this evening on MMORPG.

Marketing or not, it's how it's done 8D

Who has room on their shelf for a Rytlock that size when all the space is taken by the Halo Helmet, MW Nightvision goggles, Diablo skull and Wii lightsaber?

Really now, Arena.net. Really.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an unfortunate tendency in some online communities to encourage behavior that is detrimental to the fun of a lot of players by allowing a rather toxic and unwelcoming atmosphere. We want to set a new standard and make the Guild Wars 2 community a mature, friendly, helpful and inclusive one that is recognized throughout the industry as being so. With that goal, we will ensure that both our game and our forums reflect our standards, and we will evaluate our support for communities based on the standards they enforce upon themselves.
    Well, i'll only believe it when I see it. But that's a good outlook on the whole thing, I wish Anet the best of luck

I was totally joking with them doing it strategically. that's why i put ./stretch at the end of my post to indicate i was reaching for something that wasn't there.

I think the Statue is great. I personally only want the digital deluxe one. And I think people freaking out over 150$ are just ridiculous. If you don't have 150$ don't buy it. Don't bitch about how much it costs. You're like those freakin cry babies in new york about being the 99% wanting something you can't afford. And then being angry when it's your own problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    lol It's bigger than the Darth Malgus. They just had to show that.
    LMFAO... I wouldn't have even noticed that if you didn't point it out.