Poll: What profession do you like least?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Got to be Engineer. Don't like grenades, don't like turrets, very noisy, all in all looks like in just jumped out of a wargame like battlefield or something. Doesn't really fit in a fantasy setting like GW2.
    Last part I got to disagree with. There is a lot of steam and magic machinery in GW2. Just look at Charr and Asura, especially their home cities. Tech as far as the eye can see.

Mesmer ... because of GW1 PvP.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I chose Theif because you spelled it wrong in your poll.

Engineer. Its not that I dislike the class, its just that it hasnt really captured my imagination. Ive been running a debate in my head over the past.... errr.... year, trying to decide which profession to play first upon release. The only class I was able to eliminate pretty much straight away was the engineer. Im now down to Necromancer and Warrior and hoping that a beta event will help me to finally decide, but I still have no real interest in the engineer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate to do it, but... I must say the Ranger. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with it, it's just such a generic class concept. The only thing that really draws me to the class is the fact that dual axes is THROWING axes, which seems pretty cool.

I'd put Warrior as second-least, because it's just as generic to me. At least with the Warrior, they did manage to break the mold some by making them with viable ranged options, but... well, it's still a Warrior, and even has a sort of... Rage mechanic.

That's not to say I won't be playing them. I probably will make both, and I'll probably enjoy most. I just think I'll enjoy the other professions much more.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Engineer probably, I've never liked "tech" based classes in fantasy style games. Guardian seems exceptionally uninteresting to me as well.

I don't get the pint of this thread, you could easily figure out the least favorite class by simply looking at the other polls for the most favorite. The one with the least amount of votes is obviously the least favorite.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    Mesmer. That whole thing with the illusions is just not my thing.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    There is a lot of steam and magic machinery in GW2. Just look at Charr and Asura, especially their home cities. Tech as far as the eye can see.
    True. Never liked that either. Never really liked gnomes, guess it was because of that. I do like the Asura but not their environment, don't like the Charr especially not their home city the Black Citadell. Never liked any technical and some mechanical stuff in a fantasy setting. Just doesn't fit. But that's just my opinion....that's all.

what is wrong with you people?! this is all frigging awesome! why all complain !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    I don't get the pint of this thread, you could easily figure out the least favorite class by simply looking at the other polls for the most favorite. The one with the least amount of votes is obviously the least favorite.
    Not really, Mesmer is very polarizing. A lot of people will play one, but a lot of people also really dislike the design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Not really, Mesmer is very polarizing. A lot of people will play one, but a lot of people also really dislike the design.
    Mesmer's actually one of the classes I find most exciting. I still plan to go with Thief primarily, though - I'm just too obsessed with a shadowy assassin theme, I guess.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titoselfire View Post
    what is wrong with you people?! this is all frigging awesome! why all complain !
    Relax. We aren't saying we hate the game or even a paticular profession. We are just saying which we like the least and for what reason. Hell, I might be wrong in my dislike for the Guardian traits, but until they show them new/changed I stand by my choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Never liked any technical and some mechanical stuff in a fantasy setting. Just doesn't fit. But that's just my opinion....that's all.
    Eh. I can see where you're coming from, but I don't see why you think it doesn't fit.

Just because it's a world of magic doesn't mean people who don't wield magic won't try to compensate for their lack of magical talent using technology. In fact, it's arguable that in a world with magic, technology would actually advance faster than normal because of the inspiration and competition of powerful magic-wielders.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Promotes a lot of discussion maybe we'll all learn a few things about the profs we've disliked, and thereby most likely ignored and have a poor understand of

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titoselfire View Post
    This is not really complaining. People are gonna like and dislike stuff. Doesn't mean they don't like GW2. Nothing more nothing less.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really hard to dislike a particular class because I find the gameplay of all 8 to be really cool, if I were to choose though I'd have to say the Mesmer. The whole illusions, invisible barriers thing just aren't my playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Eh. I can see where you're coming from, but I don't see why you think it doesn't fit.

Just because it's a world of magic doesn't mean people who don't wield magic won't try to compensate for their lack of magical talent using technology. In fact, it's arguable that in a world with magic, technology would actually advance faster than normal because of the inspiration and competition of powerful magic-wielders.
    Yeah you're right. Maybe it's because my very first MMO was DAoC which has a medieval/fantasy setting and there was no technical stuff at all. Stopped playing Skyrim when I got to the part with the mechanical dwarfs and mobs. Strange...I know.

I don't hate it, I just don't feel comfortable with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Guardian. Certain melee classes just don't appeal to me in games and sadly this fits that for me. I just might try one after i get the professions I really want to play where I want them. Just like in WoW I eventually had every class to max level just to see if I liked it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Engineer and Mesmer. Both seem really boring to me, and I don't really know what exactly. But yeah!