AoC
    EQ2
    WoW (maybe)
    Allods Online
    RIFT
    and maybe TSW

:P
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I've grown really tired of it. And after playing games such as Vindictus, Tera, Dragon Nest, various FPS games the typical hotkey tab target global cooldown slow combat just is monotonous and boring. I tried playing SWTOR last night before my sub runs out (haven't played in over a month) and the combat just bored me to tears after 10 minutes. I really don't think I can return to that type of combat again.

Heck, playing a TPS like Mass Effect 3 had much more enjoyable combat for me. Anyway, the bottom line is that tastes change and as of right now I don't see myself going back.
    Yea, understandable. Esp. since that style is so pervasive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys i was planning on getting an X box for Final Fantasy but looking at the votes can i ask....is it crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Guys i was planning on getting an X box for Final Fantasy but looking at the votes can i ask....is it crap?
    I wouldn't bother with FF14 online until release of 2.0 which isn't till fall.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

FF14 was a huge failure. Admitted by the developer. Square didn't even charge a sub fee because the game was so broken. Yet despite being able to play the game freely for half a year or so, people decided it wasn't worth playing for free even.

Very poor quality MMO. Sloppy, unfinished, crude systems, lazy art direction, programming and design. Objectively so, at that. As in one can show demonstrably FF14 devs copied/pasted sections of the world rather than actually ya'know, design a world. And there are numerous singular aspects of gameplay which are shoddy and simply did not work.

FF11 was pretty great. 14 was an objective disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Interesting. Do you feel it is because you tired of that style of combat or never enjoyed that style of combat?
    For me I was never a huge fan of the equip big numbers and fight style to begin with, and then I was forced to heal which fed my hatred for the trinity an it just snowballed lol. That and paying $15 a month makes no sense to me when I can play other mmos for free lol.

Note: I know quote wasn't toward me but I was gonna post saying the same thing as guy you quoted so I decided to just skip that step xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    For me I was never a huge fan of the equip big numbers and fight style to begin with, and then I was forced to heal which fed my hatred for the trinity an it just snowballed lol. That and paying $15 a month makes no sense to me when I can play other mmos for free lol.

Note: I know quote wasn't toward me but I was gonna post saying the same thing as guy you quoted so I decided to just skip that step xD
    Heh, no worries. Much more interesting subject of conversation than which race/class someone is going to play for the 9th time. ;p

I have a lot to say on the subject on how many who play MMOs probably never should/would have played an MMO if it wasn't for the mass market appeal & inertia of Warcraft. But that would be lengthy and way off-topic.

I do enjoy reading other POVs though.

Well I have to admit that WoW was my first mmo. I stopped playing after two weeks as I thought it was terrible. If I didn't have friends that convinced me to come back and play with them a few months later I probably would have never played an mmo again.

Well I have to admit that WoW was my first mmo. I stopped playing after two weeks as I thought it was terrible. If I didn't have friends that convinced me to come back and play with them a few months later I probably would have never played an mmo again.
    Indeed. I suspect this true for many a player.

I often have conflicted feelings on WoW because of this phenomena. On the one hand, it is superbly designed game and highly successful. Yet that same success has led to a degradation and stagnation of the genre on both the end of players and developers. It's the Roman Empire of the video game world, haha.

Looking forward to giving Planetside 2 a try, can't complain with 2 "buy" to play MMO's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    FF14 was a huge failure. Admitted by the developer. Square didn't even charge a sub fee because the game was so broken. Yet despite being able to play the game freely for half a year or so, people decided it wasn't worth playing for free even.

Very poor quality MMO. Sloppy, unfinished, crude systems, lazy art direction, programming and design. Objectively so, at that. As in one can show demonstrably FF14 devs copied/pasted sections of the world rather than actually ya'know, design a world. And there are numerous singular aspects of gameplay which are shoddy and simply did not work.

FF11 was pretty great. 14 was an objective disaster.
    Well that has thrown a spanned in the works for me. I must admit i never played a FF since 7 & 8 but just looking at the back of the box i looked forward to it

Combination of 3 or 4:

- Guild Wars 2 almost exclusively for the first 3 months.

Then alternate amongst the following 3:
    - Rift for the best-of-breed holy trinity MMOs (its so much better than WoW now that its just sick)
    - I have a F2P account w/ maybe $100 worth of unlocks accrued over the years for LOTRO
    - World of Tanks for casual FPS style play

I don't see myself coming back to WoW after the annual pass expires. There's nothing on the horizon with MoP that suggests its worth continuing to play, although I'll give the beta a try. The graphics are really beginning to look tired, especially in contrast to things like Rift and GW2 and Skyrim.

I'll probably go back to Warcraft with MoP and Firefall alongside GW2.

Well you are on a WoW forum :P

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Well you are on a WoW forum :P
    mmo-champion.com
    Wut?

/10cha
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first mmo was star wars galaxies, a while after NGE hit i stopped playing and started looking for a new mmo, and my mom had found WoW and had gotten it for me for a birthday or xmas or something of the sort... i don't remember lol if only GW had advertised more, would've left wow to play it a while ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

WoW. I've tried some of the other games that are currently out on that list and to me personally, the MMO was complete garbage or felt too much like WoW. I am all for trying different games and I'm not a fan boy, but to me WoW is still the best MMO on the market despite what a lot of people seem to think. Come MoP, I really do think Blizzard will pull out all the stops. They have no choice and will bounce back. As for GW2, it looks interesting, but there are a few things they don't have like mounts which is a big draw back for me. Yes, it's a little silly and I will still probably give it a whirl, but no mounts just isn't the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    I'll probably play this exclusively, but I may decide to continue playing WoW also.
    As far as I can tell, the game wont be designed around sitting down and playing this same title all day every day. To be honest, games like WoW and Rift actually come out with a pretty startling amount of content compared to other games in the genre and STILL people clear it all in a week and blame the company.

GW2 simply isn't going to be like that. With it's lack of subscription fee, the larger patches will probably be replaced with expansion packs and smaller patches will be bug fixes and the occasional addition of quests and NPCs, rather than adding a new raid or dungeon a couple times a year on patch day.

Not a bad thing. It's going to be an amazing game in my opinion, but not something that will retain it's longevity over great periods of time if someone is focusing all of their gaming schedule on it.

Just my perspective.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    WoW. I've tried some of the other games that are currently out on that list and to me personally, the MMO was complete garbage or felt too much like WoW. I am all for trying different games and I'm not a fan boy, but to me WoW is still the best MMO on the market despite what a lot of people seem to think. Come MoP, I really do think Blizzard will pull out all the stops. They have no choice and will bounce back. As for GW2, it looks interesting, but there are a few things they don't have like mounts which is a big draw back for me. Yes, it's a little silly and I will still probably give it a whirl, but no mounts just isn't the same.
    You complain about games too similar to wow, but not having mounts is a drawback? uhhhh

Personally, I see myself continuing with my current on/off rotation of Rift, WoW, Aion, and soon to be Tera when GW2 comes into the mix. Although realistically, if GW2 is even half as good as it appears to be, I'll most likely be dropping a few from that list.