Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Sorceror, actually. Yeah, I know.
    It actually is spelled Sorcerer in the game. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorceror, actually. Yeah, I know.
    Its actually sorcerer, it was the class name ingame.
    See:
    http://www.diablowiki.com/Sorcerer_(Diablo_I)

Well, duh. Sorceress in Diablo 2 is from different mage clan. You can read more here.
    Doesnt matter what clan it is from, the class remains the same, they are mages/wizards. The monk isnt even considered a "new class" because it was present on the hellfire "expansion" (blizzard doesnt recognize it anymore).
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Doesnt matter what clan it is from, the class remains the same, they are mages/wizards. The monk isnt even considered a "new class" because it was present on the hellfire "expansion" (blizzard doesnt recognize it anymore).
    It actually matters as each clan specializes in different form of magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remyi View Post
    It actually is spelled Sorcerer in the game. :P
    Its actually sorcerer, it was the class name ingame.
    See:
    http://www.diablowiki.com/Sorcerer_(Diablo_I)
    Unfortunately you're both wrong. Trust your own experience and knowledge, and not some wiki.

The original version of Diablo had three classes: the rogue, the warrior and the sorceror. I know this for a fact, because I played it the day it was released back in 1996/1997, and every day since for years, and I remember thinking "well that's a typo, heh".

It most likely was patched since. In fact, it might have even been changed in a later batch of game CD's, so if you download the client now, it may show Sorcerer. I'm sure some wiki written a decade and a half later wouldn't make mention of such a thing, either.

Unfortunately I've lost my game CD of Diablo a long time ago, and since Blizzard doesn't want to sell it on battle.net nor do I want to warez any Blizzard games, I can't get you a screenshot myself, BUT I did manage to find a screenshot with Google that has the actual class name.

http://nodblog.com/img/intelligames/...ots/diab01.gif

As you can see, it's sorceror, not sorcerer.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-03-17 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "well that's a typo, heh".
    As you said, typo. It was fixed soon after release.
    Ingame, on the character stats, it always showed sorceror. But everywhere else was sorcerer.

It actually matters as each clan specializes in different form of magic.
    Doesnt stop them from learning magic from other clans. Most mages learn their spells from spellbooks in diablo lore.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

Deleted
    It was fixed soon after release.
    Not so soon, really.

Most people on this forum did not play Diablo in the mid-90's, because they were still in their diapers, hence the version they've played is most likely a much later batch of the game, or they've even patched it straight away to a patch version that came several years (half a decade to a decade) after the actual release.

I played the original Diablo for years. I don't remember sorceror ever changing to sorcerer, as I'm sure I would've noticed a change in a typo that I so clearly noticed before.

The reason I commented about it earlier, pointed out that it was "sorceror" rather than "sorcerer", is because I guess I consider myself a bit of a Diablo purist, a Diablo originalist, someone who was there in midst of all of it when it all began, and as such I guess I consider the class to be called sorceror. It's a weird way of writing the word but it felt like something that was a part of Diablo. Sorcerer just doesn't feel right to me.

Anyway, not that I'm disputing what it's called now in the game in the current version, but don't presume to tell me it wasn't sorceror in every instance the class name was used back when I played it a decade and a half ago. That's all.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-03-17 at 12:25 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Not so soon, really.

Most people on this forum did not play Diablo in the mid-90's, because they were still in their diapers, hence the version they've played is most likely a much later batch of the game, or they've even patched it straight away to a patch version that came several years (half a decade to a decade) after the actual release.

I played the original Diablo for years. I don't remember sorceror ever changing to sorcerer, as I'm sure I would've noticed a change in a typo that I so clearly noticed before.

The reason I commented about it earlier, pointed out that it was "sorceror" rather than "sorcerer", is because I guess I consider myself a bit of a Diablo purist, a Diablo originalist, someone who was there in midst of all of it when it all began, and as such I guess I consider the class to be called sorceror. It's a weird way of writing the word but it felt like something that was a part of Diablo. Sorcerer just doesn't feel right to me.

Anyway, not that I'm disputing what it's called now in the game in the current version, but don't presume to tell me it wasn't sorceror in every instance the class name was used back when I played it a decade and a half ago. That's all.
    http://imgur.com/5iEed

Just took this screenshot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remyi View Post
    http://imgur.com/5iEed

Just took this screenshot.
    Like I said, it was "sorceror" back in 1997. That's just a fact. Most likely fixed in a later patch or release. You can, of course, dispute that by going back to 1997 and playing the original release of Diablo, and take a screenshot of that. That would, however, show the class as "sorceror".

A bit OT but will they have runewords in d3? I really think that was pretty cool and added quite a bit of replay value to the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    A bit OT but will they have runewords in d3? I really think that was pretty cool and added quite a bit of replay value to the game
    D3 release will not have runewords.

One thing you might want to consider is that we went through the entire lifespan of D2 without runes or runewords, and years of D2x without them as well. In the patches of D2 they're actually a pretty recent addition to the game.

D3 will be fine without them.

Yea I know they came late in D2 I just thought it was a really good feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, it was "sorceror" back in 1997. That's just a fact. Most likely fixed in a later patch or release. You can, of course, dispute that by going back to 1997 and playing the original release of Diablo, and take a screenshot of that. That would, however, show the class as "sorceror".
    How it was called wasnt the point, it got fixed, meaning it was wrong before.

I still own both diablo and hellfire original cds, and when installed fresh, it still says "sorceror", but if you update it or install hellfire, it will get fixed to sorcerer.

Deleted
    How it was called wasnt the point
    Quite the contrary, that's exactly my original point; that we, who played Diablo back in 1997, got used to playing a class called "Sorceror", and thus some of us, me included, consider the class to be called Sorceror with an o, and not with an e, regardless of what they've done to it later on. That was exactly the point, and the reason why I said anything in the first place.

I still own both diablo and hellfire original cds, and when installed fresh, it still says "sorceror", but if you update it or install hellfire, it will get fixed to sorcerer.
    Ahh yes, Hellfire... Sierra's blasphemous red-headed stepchild of Diablo. A true purist wouldn't even touch it.