Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad, because if I see a single thing about MoP that's leaked before Monday, I'm going to be upset -.- It's probably the ONLY Monday I'll ever be looking forward to =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You log on, you follow rules. It's not public.
    Public does not mean "has no rules"

Otherwise I could run naked through a public park.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Technically, saying that you were accepted to the Beta isn't a breach of NDA because a FAQ section doesn't constitute an NDA. You are only bound to the NDA once you sign it, meaning that if you receive the email and you go bragging about it before creating the account, you're doing nothing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Technically, saying that you were accepted to the Beta isn't a breach of NDA because a FAQ section doesn't constitute an NDA. You are only bound to the NDA once you sign it, meaning that if you receive the email and you go bragging about it before creating the account, you're doing nothing wrong.
    Legally speaking, you did share that you have beta access.

Why would they care if you did it before officially signing the document? Since you have already broached the terms of the agreement, you technically can't sign it, and can't get beta access.

Consider this: Your brother offers you a "truce" to never again punch each other. You sign your name. Before he actually signs the "truce document" he hits you, square in the face, hard enough to drop you. Then he says it doesn't count because he didn't sign yet.
    Are you going to be pissed off? Are you going to still abide by the terms of that truce agreement?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-17 at 05:17 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Well as of early this morning there have been pictures floating around of the invites. There are 2 different emails (one of which I think is a scam). The first one is a more legit looking one that says that your account has been created for you and you will be given information on the client download within 10 days.

The second one is the one I think is a scam, and has a weirdly worded NDA reminder with a big "CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT" button.

Both pictures are easily accessible on Reddit.

EDIT:

If you go to https://beta.guildwars2.com/account/done, it is what I thought was the legit looking email I mentioned above.

So I guess that's the screen you get once you create the account, and the second email I mentioned (that I thought was a scam) is most likely legit.
    Last edited by Maester; 2012-03-17 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I know people are excited. But there is an NDA that you agreed to if you are in it. If you aren't, the forum rules state NOT to post NDA leaked material. I know you are all super excited about the game, but have some respect for Anet. I deleted the e-mail thread because there were so many NDA breaks in there it wasn't worth it to go through and try and sort out each individual one. I DO take this seriously and WILL continue to infract people who break the NDA or post info that breaks the NDA.
    I like that you actually take your job seriously Edge, so many with your job would do it half arse. I have seen many a thread you have stopped after becoming completely derailed, or breaking rules, or trolling.

You signed the NDA when you signed up for beta. Many people missed it, but you were under NDA the moment you signed up. NDA explicitly, specifically, says that you cannot speak about being in the BETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You signed the NDA when you signed up for beta. Many people missed it, but you were under NDA the moment you signed up. NDA explicitly, specifically, says that you cannot speak about being in the BETA.
    Hmm it might be right, but I really don't recall signing an NDA to register for the Beta. Even if I did, can I read it now ? If I can't then it's nil.

Hmm it might be right, but I really don't recall signing an NDA to register for the Beta. Even if I did, can I read it now ? If I can't then it's nil.
    You know the ToS/Eula type deals you usually just click the "accept" button for without readin? It was in there.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    You know the ToS/Eula type deals you usually just click the "accept" button for without readin? It was in there.
    I'm fine with it, but a document can't be binding if you can't access it anytime you want. I honestly want to read this NDA clause you're talking about and that I supposedly signed.

I'm fine with it, but a document can't be binding if you can't access it anytime you want. I honestly want to read this NDA clause you're talking about and that I supposedly signed.
    Did you make a copy of it when you had the opportunity? Just because you sign something doesn't mean you have to be allowed to see it anytime you so choose simply because you didn't elect to have a copy of it.

Deleted
    Well, yeh, could be, as stated above, that there is an explicit link somewhere that the NDA is technically accepted. But then it would be weird to have you sign it AGAIN after you get your invite.

I'd like to see it as this: you didn't accept it, which means there is no contract and Anet can simply take back their beta offer.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-03-17 at 05:32 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's in there. But even for the sake of argument it's not... Edge has stated:

Doing so will get your post/thread deleted, and will get you an infraction.
    Why do people have to think they're clever enough to find a loophole to make them special? How hard is it to simply follow the rules?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Why do people have to think they're clever enough to find a loophole to make them special? How hard is it to simply follow the rules?
    Exactly. Is it that hard?

Leaving this thread open. Genius idea lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Leaving this thread open. Genius idea lol
    Actually it is, now it stays on the top of the page, closed it would go away way to fast, and sticky it obviously doesnt help, since no1 reads those >_<

If only mods had the power to actually moderate posts that breach their rules

The thread is open because nobody reads stickies, they read active threads. And I don't know about you, but I'd rather not sift through hundreds of posts searching for each individual break. Makes my job a lot easier if I just per-emptively yell at you guys (I'm a jerk, I know).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

Finding loopholes and breaking the rules..i find it natural and exciting.
    Also i have not been aviable to enter the beta since i missed my chance to do so, but i will pre order.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

They do, they just choose not to.

People tend to not like censorship and if moderators decided to take this path then people may look else where to share their opinions and thoughts, thus potentially slowly reducing the website's potential to attract advertisers.

Which is why I believe they decide to hand out infractions instead.